Galaxy note car mount

Search This thread

woodyear99

Dec 24, 2010
Folks can anyone recommend a decent car mount for the note? I don't want to use any adhesive or suction cup types since I am scared of those falling off.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

i9000gt

Oct 15, 2010
But the genuine one from.Samsung. its worth paying the premium I'm never going back oem

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

woodyear99

Dec 24, 2010
Yeah but the official Samsung one uses a suction cup :(

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
the official samsung units have an amazing suction cup.
I had an official Samsung car dock for my P1000 Tablet, There was no way in hell that thing was ever going to fall off.

even sitting on the windshield in 40degC days (Australian summer), and cool night temp changes didn't move that sucker.

Hell, I had struggles getting it to release when I wanted it to release...

Samsung dont skimp on their kit... its why it costs so much more.

orificium

Mar 13, 2007
I have a proclipusa car mount. So I recently got the Regular Adjustable Holder with Tilt/Swivel here. You can get Proclipusa holders with the charging ports built-in as well specifically designed for the Note - but I wanted something I can use for future devices if needed. The adjustable holder works with my thin Rearth Ringke Slim case as well. I think I may need to add some extra padding to make it a little more snug and secure feeling. It seems to wobble a bit because the slot is a bit thicker than the Note (crazy thin btw).

woodyear99

Dec 24, 2010
Went on Amazon, spiderpodium reviews were mixed, many found it to be very low quality construction.

That steering wheel clip sounds interesting, unfortunately I have a boxwave case on my phone. Probably wont fit.

Are there any US etailers selling the official Samsung one?

Ade5

Dec 23, 2010
Älvsbyn
Got the Samsung one.. And there is no risk the suction will drop on you if you mounted it properly..

ryandelman

Oct 6, 2009
Chapin, SC
Mounting your Note on your steering wheel is not a good idea if you have an airbag... Just saying.

hahahaha!!! So true and so unintentionally funny to envision, in mid-air-bag-deployment-to-face-contact! lmao

I can see the coroner's quote now:

"There's a good chance he'd have survived the impact with no more than a contusion and a couple of scrapes, but the force of the air-bag drove his near tablet-sized device clear through his skull and out the back side of his spinal column in what appears to be less time than it takes a humming bird to make a single wing-flap."

Reactions: SXiCate

peseta

Feb 18, 2008
hmmm, you have a point there. So it's a choice between convenience or safety, difficult decision...

To answer seriously, I've checked it on my car and I think that it isn't a problem. The PHONEclip is made from a very strong material. So in stead of breaking, I expect it to work like a hinge and simply turn over the top of the steering wheel.

Surgical

Oct 24, 2005
Proclip = Brodit

IMHO
for all my previous and recent smartphones I ever used Proclip holders in my car(s)
The Proclip platform is specific to each car model and the holder(s) are specific to each smartphone. I am using active holders with charging and I am very satisfied with it every time.
No excluding with my newest Samsung Galaxy Note too :)

aharmsworth

Feb 8, 2012
Vancouver
I have the Samsung Car mount, and I am very disappointed.

It is a pain to insert the phone in the very tight clips, then you have to slide the usb connector into the phone, an exercise that takes two hands.

Further it does not accomodate even the very thin Samsung flip cover.

It forces the phone into car mode, which requires voice input - which does not work. - at least with my voice. I cannot call 'Nora' it will only find Laura - and I don't have a strong accent. It has no means of understanding what 'Home' means.

And now, after a month, it appears that contacts inside the car unit are flakey - the phone goes crazy when I plug it in.

So great phone, but they screwed up royally on the car mount.

Reactions: gigacyan

Top Liked Posts