[MOD]ICS Style Settings for Galaxy 3 !!![DOWNLOAD+SCREENIES][DEVELOPING]

Search This thread

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
Hi all galaxy 3 users, i have got a good news for you people !!
After being inspired by the ICS style Settings for Experia X8 for CM7(GINGER BREAD),i decided to do something like that for g3 with froyo.
I'm not an expert or something like that but a learner and a beginner. I googled, got clues from the above mentioned thread, played with the 'xml' files of Settings.apk and finally found the way !! :D

I have completed modding the whole MAIN screen of settings and added new icon for the app !..............Interiors are the same. They will be modded and released in the next update.

DOWNLOADS(modded main-screen only):
Without Unlock Settings: http://www.mediafire.com/?4y6w66dk43z7o50

WITH Unlock Settings: http://www.mediafire.com/?rbhjarq8aua3r28
Install as Update.zip !!

Unlock settings screen shots:

SC20120402-145653.png
SC20120402-145638.png

Here is are the screen-shots :

SC20120401-163946.png
SC20120401-163959.png

SC20120401-164019.png
SC20120401-164031.png

Here is a look of the original settings menu of ICS:
ICS-Settings.png

I certainly do not know how make the on/off icons appear on side, but can make other things similar to that !!

One known bug is that, both SECURITY and LOCATION SERVICE point to the same screen.It is because Location and Security settings are in same screen. I'll try make same changes for it.

I will complete modding the INTERIORS and post it in the next update !!

I have used aarrun's Perfect ICS theme in the screen-shot !

Post your views and opinions about this !!!:)

Last edited:

SerkSerk

May 31, 2011
France
That look cool, i will use it with perfect ics theme for froyo :D

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
A very short n non-detail tut:

I decompiled stock settings.apk

I just modified the res/values/Strings.xml for all the new/additional text

Also modify xml files in res/xml

Add the required icons in res/drawable-ldpi

I try to post a full fledged tutorial after completing this project first !! :D

Reactions: densinyo

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
hey can u tellme the source ..... so that i cud help u with it..... only if u need :p :)

Last edited:

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
hey can u tellme the source ..... so that i cud help u with it..... only if u need :p :)

Source is the settings.apk from the above mentioned link..........if you would like to contribute, I will upload the settings.apk and framework-res.apk the xperia for you to decompile and with d help of that, we can mod our settings.apk !!

EDIT: I have attached the decompiled Settings.apk of Xperia8 with ICS style settings.

Attachments

• Decompiled-Settings-Xperia.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
Source is the settings.apk from the above mentioned link..........if you would like to contribute, I will upload the settings.apk and framework-res.apk the xperia for you to decompile and with d help of that, we can mod our settings.apk !!

EDIT: I have attached the decompiled Settings.apk of Xperia8 with ICS style settings.

but isnt there any kinda tut or any kinda instructions on how to do it?

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
but isnt there any kinda tut or any kinda instructions on how to do it?

I'm creating one...........i'll try to give you the link............moreover i finished changing the main-screen of settings and will post screen-shots and download link soon !!

After this we'll have mod interiors of settings !!!:D:D

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
Supercoold dude!!!!!!! Awesome job done!!!!!....... Good going.....

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

try to make the text smaller like in ics..... so that it will perfectly match....... and even the icons :)

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

try to make the text smaller like in ics..... so that it will perfectly match....... and even the icons :)

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

when i click on display ,.... it fcs :(....

Reactions: balamu96m

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM

Is that so ?? But it works fine for me .....

You will be knowing this, but still, you can try clearing cache & dalvik cache !!

SerkSerk

May 31, 2011
France
Just instaled and it's very nice, good joob. And i'm agree with aarrun, you should use smaller text, and try to add some space at the left like in ics ;)

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
Just instaled and it's very nice, good joob. And i'm agree with aarrun, you should use smaller text, and try to add some space at the left like in ics ;)

I think for smaller text, we need to reduce the LCD Density........but already we have the lowest density.....ldpi-120.
Is there any other way to decrease the font size ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all galaxy 3 users, i have got a good news for you people !!
    After being inspired by the ICS style Settings for Experia X8 for CM7(GINGER BREAD),i decided to do something like that for g3 with froyo.
    I'm not an expert or something like that but a learner and a beginner. I googled, got clues from the above mentioned thread, played with the 'xml' files of Settings.apk and finally found the way !! :D

I have completed modding the whole MAIN screen of settings and added new icon for the app !..............Interiors are the same. They will be modded and released in the next update.

DOWNLOADS(modded main-screen only):
    Without Unlock Settings: http://www.mediafire.com/?4y6w66dk43z7o50

WITH Unlock Settings: http://www.mediafire.com/?rbhjarq8aua3r28
    Install as Update.zip !!

Unlock settings screen shots:

SC20120402-145653.png
    SC20120402-145638.png

Here is are the screen-shots :

SC20120401-163946.png
    SC20120401-163959.png

SC20120401-164019.png
    SC20120401-164031.png

Here is a look of the original settings menu of ICS:
    ICS-Settings.png

I certainly do not know how make the on/off icons appear on side, but can make other things similar to that !!

One known bug is that, both SECURITY and LOCATION SERVICE point to the same screen.It is because Location and Security settings are in same screen. I'll try make same changes for it.

I will complete modding the INTERIORS and post it in the next update !!

I have used aarrun's Perfect ICS theme in the screen-shot !

Post your views and opinions about this !!!:)
    A very short n non-detail tut:

I decompiled stock settings.apk

I just modified the res/values/Strings.xml for all the new/additional text

Also modify xml files in res/xml

Add the required icons in res/drawable-ldpi

I try to post a full fledged tutorial after completing this project first !! :D
    wow! this is really impressive! :D:D do you mind if I use it in my rom? :)
    wow! this is really impressive! :D:D do you mind if I use it in my rom? :)

I M not Sure But He Will Probably Not Mind.......
    Because Bala Is Just An Awesome Guy............:cool::cool::cool::cool:

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------