[ROM][AOSP][4.2.1] schnip's ROM w/ TABLET UI (1/12/2013)

Search This thread

dust.

Jul 18, 2011
Hey Schnip, awesome ROM!

Quick question though: If I flash a custom kernel that doesn't have native OTG support, i.e. the Franco kernel, will I lose the OTG support from the ROM? I've asked this before but I haven't tested it out yet and I'm at work right now so I don't have my external hard drive with me. Thanks!:good:

schnip

Dec 6, 2010
Hey Schnip, awesome ROM!

Quick question though: If I flash a custom kernel that doesn't have native OTG support, i.e. the Franco kernel, will I lose the OTG support from the ROM? I've asked this before but I haven't tested it out yet and I'm at work right now so I don't have my external hard drive with me. Thanks!:good:

thats a good question.i have no idea tbh. im not at home right now so i cant check the code. as soon as i get home im gonna find out ;)

Edit:

I have reviewed the code changes that enable OTG. It's rather not a kernel thingy but more of a feature that is "in" the stock kernel but diabled. So this is only "unlocking" OTG. This means flashing another kernel wont mess with OTG support. I'm not 100% sure though

Last edited:
Reactions: dust.

schnip

Dec 6, 2010
I just got my N10 yesterday and installed this ROM. Great job. I am glad I found a rom with he tablet ui. Everything works great so far. I am using ADW Launcher EX so Could get more screen room.

im very happy to hear that as this rom was created with everyday use in mind ;)

digitalrurouni

Nov 2, 2010
Question. Where is the aosp email app? I do t see it. Also what's the difference between the aosp calendar and the Google calendar app that you can even download from the market?

Sent from my Schnips Rom using Tapatalk HD

schnip

Dec 6, 2010
Question. Where is the aosp email app? I do t see it. Also what's the difference between the aosp calendar and the Google calendar app that you can even download from the market?

Sent from my Schnips Rom using Tapatalk HD

I dont use any of those calendars so i cant tell you what the difference is. The reason why its not included is that the manta repository doesnt include the calendar so its not included in the rom. Its no problem though as you can just get the apk here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36782985&postcount=36

Reactions: digitalrurouni

digitalrurouni

Nov 2, 2010

nrage23

thats a good question.i have no idea tbh. im not at home right now so i cant check the code. as soon as i get home im gonna find out ;)

Edit:

I have reviewed the code changes that enable OTG. It's rather not a kernel thingy but more of a feature that is "in" the stock kernel but diabled. So this is only "unlocking" OTG. This means flashing another kernel wont mess with OTG support. I'm not 100% sure though

I got my adapter for plugging in a usb drive yesterday. I tried it with the stock kernel from this rom and it worked perfectly. I installed the KTmanta kernel this morning and OTG still works fine.

Murmel2k

Sep 3, 2009
Just asking: There still isn't a flashable Tablet UI for other ROMs like Cyanogenmod? Does anybody know, what apk I have to extract from this ROM to get the "old" Tablet GUI back für Cyanogenmod?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting schnip's ROM w/ TABLET UI

nexus10tablet.jpg

ABOUT:
    This is my first ROM thread! I signed up at this forum 2 years ago when i purchased my HTC Desire. So this is kind of a historical moment for me. I wanted to create a ROM that is pretty much standard BUT includes Tablet UI because i dont like the Phablet UI. There are other ROMs that do equal stuff but these come with a lot of extras and are not necessarily stable. I wanted a simple, stable rom that has tablet UI.
    A little while after release i wanted to implement some more features. I think this would contradict the whole concept though. That's why I will make flashable zip files with the modifications, so you can decide whether you want the changes or not

FEATURES:
    • Pretty much Stock AOSP except some Mods and Nexus 10 required proprietary binaries.
    • Full Tablet UI :laugh:
    • Native USB OTG support
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • SuperSU
    • Stable for everyday use

DOWNLOAD

Download v 1.1.1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n53ddd1fc593nvr

GAPPS (optional):

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

FLASHABLE MODS:

Scale Down System Bar for more Screen real estate: Download
    Revert: Download

CHANGELOG:
    - Native USB OTG support (thanks to craigacgomez)
    - Advanced Power Menu (thanks to craigacgomez)

- fixed Google Location Service (thanks to craigacgomez)
    - Added SuperSU
    - decreased size of Systembar (reverted)

- stock AOSP
    - tablet UI (thanks to barrmulio)

TO-DO LIST:
    • Add a feature to change UIs on the fly (Like in ParanoidAndroid)
    • Add feature to completely hide UI.
    • Make flashable tablet UI zip for stock roms

CREDITS:
    craigacgomez
    brGabriel (for this great looking layout :D)
    barrmulio
    Thanks a lot! I've been waiting for this. And especially if you can make a flashable zip for tablet UI it would be quite popular I'd imagine. Cheers! :good:
    @schnip, any plans to bring out featured rom for 4.2.2? Been enjoying your rom 4.2.1 for quite sometime now :)

Yes i have plans for bringing it out. It Actually might happen this week :)
    How do I get the Google Search to look like on the screen shot here? And... what are the 6 little squares in the upper right corner and how do I get them?

Just installed this rom a few min ago. :)

The home screen in the screenshot is using Apex Launcher. Its a free app in the PlayStore. The 6 little squares in the upper right corner take you to your app drawer (the screen where the rest of your installed apps are). Once Apex is installed, you may have yo go into settings and check "Use tablet UI mode" under "Homescreen Settings".

Just wondering if anyone else was missing the stock email client (not gmail, but the one that allows you to connect to other providers.) I have applied the rom a couple of times now with a couple of different gapps zips and for some reason it doesn't ever seem to be there? Just wondering if it is me or something with this rom in particular?

Other than that, it is really cool to have the tablet ui back.

thanks

It may not be included in the current version of this ROM, but im sure schnip will have it in the next update. In the meantime, heres a copy of the default email app. And just in case you need the Exchange.apk as well.
    Ok here goes an update of my Rom.

Changes:

- fixed Google Location Service (thanks to craigacgomez)
    - Added SuperSU
    - decreased size of Systembar