411 on game development.

Search This thread
Jan 25, 2013
I need help/advice. Ive been looking everywhere YouTube,Google. I'm trying to find the right software and info on building my own android game..I have eclipse but don't know java or any other programming language to save my life. Anyone have any advice on what I need or a website to teach me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

marwan.kallal

Mar 15, 2014
I need help/advice. Ive been looking everywhere YouTube,Google. I'm trying to find the right software and info on building my own android game..I have eclipse but don't know java or any other programming language to save my life. Anyone have any advice on what I need or a website to teach me.

I'm not aware of any great game building templates for android, so this post only has to do with making your own software from scratch.

I would go to the android developer site, and download the Android Development Tools: http://developer .android.com/sdk/index.html (remove the space)

Then I would read up on Java and try to make increasingly difficult projects. Don't even start with android, get a java book (Java Illuminated and Big Java are good ones) and learn the basics of Java. If you know another language already, that won't be too hard. Then, start looking through the android development website, which has a lot of good tutorials.

Once you have an idea for the game, write it out, figure out what you need each piece to do, and then you'll have a much easier time writing your game, because you'll have specific questions that can be answered by the tutorials or your fellow developers here at xda :fingers-crossed:

Have fun and good luck!

TLDGames

Jan 12, 2014

You can try the GameMaker, but you will need to know at least the basics of any programming language (variables, conditionals, loops,...)