Unable To Remove Lock Screen/PIN

Search This thread

UberSlackr

Apr 5, 2012
I'm not able to disable the PIN (or any security based lock screen; Password, Pin, or Pattern) and set the phone to just "Lock Screen" or even "No Lock Screen." The Face Unclock feature is also not available.

How do I remove the PIN (without a factory reset?)

dneiding

Jul 4, 2009
I'm not able to disable the PIN (or any security based lock screen; Password, Pin, or Pattern) and set the phone to just "Lock Screen" or even "No Lock Screen." The Face Unclock feature is also not available.

How do I remove the PIN (without a factory reset?)

Are you connected to a corporate Exchange email account? If so, I think the Exchange admin can require the lock screen and not let you turn it off.

UberSlackr

Apr 5, 2012
Are you connected to a corporate Exchange email account? If so, I think the Exchange admin can require the lock screen and not let you turn it off.

Only company email account used on the account is accessed through Gmail.

The "Lock Screen" was the selected option, until I tested out the PIN. But then when I went back into setting, Lock Screen and the other two were greyed out. So I can't remove the PIN now.

chief

Nov 15, 2012
It's because you locked the microSD card. I had the same thing right now with LG G2 Mini

chief

Nov 15, 2012
it's for rooted devices and I'm not rooted. just delete the micro SD protection

Sent from my LG-D620 using XDA Free mobile app

chief

Nov 15, 2012
Of course, because you do not format it. Settings/security/decrypt SD card storage.
of course that option will be shown if you encrypted the card before

I think that also works with phone encrypt so maybe that's why you can't delete pin

Sent from my LG-D620 using XDA Free mobile app

wilkinsonsm4

Nov 6, 2014
Did you ever solve the phone lock problem?

I have the same problem as the one you've described in this thread. Did you ever come to a solution on this one?

fir3fly1995

Apr 15, 2015
figured it out

I managed to sort the issue out by clearing the credential storage on my device. It may not solve the issue for everyone.

Reactions: mysticpass

j21c412d0

May 2, 2015
Only company email account used on the account is accessed through Gmail.

The "Lock Screen" was the selected option, until I tested out the PIN. But then when I went back into setting, Lock Screen and the other two were greyed out. So I can't remove the PIN now.

So I had this problem but only after this most recent update beginning may. And what I did was go to setting, then security, there should be a credential storage area. I cleared the credentials went back to lock screen and it wasn't greyed out anymore. I don't even know what activated this because all I did was add a pin just like you and then wanted it off and I couldn't. But I solved it. Hope it works for you. Good luck

Reactions: mysticpass

rajyadav_np

Nov 5, 2015
Bangalore
To opt out, Go to Settings » Accounts» Remove Google and Corporate/Exchange account then restart device.
Now again go to Account and add Google account.
Now lock the phone and try to unlock with invalid PIN/Pattern for 5 times, next it will automatically open SnapView settings, there, remove SnapView.
That's it, Go to Security » Lock screen, enter the current PIN/Pattern, now it will display all other lock options....

100% working for Android Lollipop, others not sure!!

Top Liked Posts