[2011-03-13]SciLor's GrooveMobile Alpha v17 - Everything fixed ;)

Search This thread

ffkip911

Feb 4, 2009
Seattle, WA
v6

v6 is running great. Wife still thinks this is the best thing since, well, me :) one "request/question" is there a way to shuffle the songs within a playlist??
Not a big deal, seeing all the work you've put into it, for me to handpick songs within the playlist---but it would be nice to not look down while driving.

Walkonatyclb

Oct 30, 2009
im a sucker, I even told my boss today. He thought it was a joke I am so glad :p I should have known but now I feel better. Hows that cacheing coming along?

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Good to have always backups, min once a week :D. My Computer is weird since a year, sometime does not boot, ignores a hdd etc. There must be an hardware defect on the mainboard, cpu or power supply. But I will buy a new one in around a month, that makes development more fun, wihtout those crashes.

128GB SSD :D
Intel i7
high end graphics
8 DDR3 RAM
etc...

To bad that I had a little touch with another car half a year ago. 1100€ it costed :( Good to know that I will have it again on my "hobby" account after some HTML/CSS Website job this month.

toolsche

Mar 12, 2009
Erlangen
Does anyone have problems with loading songs larger than 6MB? Is this a known bug? The Debug log says:

Code:
Failed to start song
BASS_StreamCreateFileUser: BASS_ERROR_MEM
Bass_Stream_Close
Playing
Stream Length: 6.30MB
Requesting stream...

This happens anytime the File is bigger than ~6MB. I have a HTC Touch Diamond and there should be enough memory free.

Add:
Maybe you could add the FLAG "BASS_STREAM_BLOCK" as alternative option to the Bass_StreamCreateFileUser call, if there
is no other issue. Then you can't seek in the File, but there is only decoded a small part of it in memory, not the whole file.

Last edited:

toolsche

Mar 12, 2009
Erlangen
I just found out, that the problem has been mentioned earlier in the GrooveFish-Thread, when Barguast was developing on it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=561374&highlight=groovefish&page=49

It seems, that there is not enough "continuous" memory free to decode the whole file. Maybe the phones memory is fragmented
and because of that in my case there is no continuous memory block of > 6MB available. Would be interesting if other users have
a different "limit" to further track down the issue.

Walkonatyclb

Oct 30, 2009
can you give us a clue how v7 is coming along or anything to look foreward to see in it? I always check everyday here and your board :)

Barguast

Sep 30, 2008
Thank you for the info, I think I will read a little bit about Bass. Maybe there is an option that allows to decode on the fly, or an option that decodes to the storage :).
If you have any experience with bass that could help, post it here or better in my forums: http://www.scilor.com/myboard

I was planning on downloading directly to the storage card, and providing the stream for Bass directly from that file. That would get around the out-of-memory errors.

Incidentally, there is an option in Bass to stop allocating the entire buffer at the start of the stream and instead just allocate a fraction of it and just retain what it is needed. The (significant) downside of which being that you won't be able to seek, and the song won't automatically be downloaded in it's entirety, rather it'll be downloaded when the current buffer is about to run out. On a phone, the latter makes non-buffered streaming not an option.

fatmonk

Sep 8, 2005
www.GonMad.co.uk
I was planning on downloading directly to the storage card, and providing the stream for Bass directly from that file. That would get around the out-of-memory errors.

Incidentally, there is an option in Bass to stop allocating the entire buffer at the start of the stream and instead just allocate a fraction of it and just retain what it is needed. The (significant) downside of which being that you won't be able to seek, and the song won't automatically be downloaded in it's entirety, rather it'll be downloaded when the current buffer is about to run out. On a phone, the latter makes non-buffered streaming not an option.

Good to see your continued involvement / interest Barguast!

-FM

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
can you give us a clue how v7 is coming along or anything to look foreward to see in it? I always check everyday here and your board :)

Since now I had only time to think about new things, such as caching, fixing some bugs etc. I am currently having my end-tests of my school. Therefore there isn't much time :-/. But you will here from in in 2-4 weeks with an update :). Maybe before, just because I do not know when I have much time I do not need for learning ;)

Thank you Barguast for posting in here, your idea to solve it.
I will try it out :). How you are? Already invited your girlfriend ;) ?

ScILor

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
UPDATE WITH SKINS :).

Download @ http://www.scilor.com/groovemobile.html

Alpha v7(2010-04-12)
-Feature: Random Play (Very simple, so double songs may occur ;))
-Feature: Repeat Playlist
-Feature: Display off option in the menu, to allow WiFi etc. running...
-Feature/Change: Moved the GUI-Images out of the Ressources into the "img"-directory to allow skinning :)
-Fix: Typo -> Continous Play ;)
-Change: The Shark got headphones...

billyJ

Oct 9, 2007
Reading
fine, will test today, thanks

ps.
i know you do not plan to support localisation or mui files, but if you are very bored, it would be noce addition

Walkonatyclb

Oct 30, 2009
not installing right, I get file corrupted if I do the cab, and if I do the zip I get missing metthod exception file or assembly name 'groovefish.web, version=1.03754.31408 culture=neutral, publickeytoken=null', or one of its dependencies was not found

I also get in details

missing methodexcpetion
file or assembly name 'groovefish.web, version= 1.0.3754.31408
culture=netral, publickeytoken=null', or one of its dependencies was not found\

for record I even uninstalled alpha 6 and restarted phone. After this not working I reinstalled 6 with no problems. So its a issue in install

the cab error is unable to open the archive. The archive may be corrupted, invalid or in an unsupported format.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts