[Q] Xperia Ray doesn't show up on computer, how to unlock bootloader?

Search This thread

pinmemo

Mar 21, 2012
BKK
I apologize for making this thread again as I misunderstood my device name previously (I thought it's a Play but it's a Ray)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49236873

Is there any way for this device to unlock bootloader without connecting to the pc?

I can access fastboot (the blue light) but my pc doesn't say anything nor the device show up in device manager when connected, Flashtool doesn't detect anything.

Is there a way to install ROM without connecting to the computer, only accessing fastboot?

Thank you.

DastanShaikh

Feb 7, 2013
I apologize for making this thread again as I misunderstood my device name previously (I thought it's a Play but it's a Ray)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49236873

Is there any way for this device to unlock bootloader without connecting to the pc?

I can access fastboot (the blue light) but my pc doesn't say anything nor the device show up in device manager when connected, Flashtool doesn't detect anything.

Is there a way to install ROM without connecting to the computer, only accessing fastboot?

Thank you.

I think there is No..way to unlock BOOTLOADER without connecting to pc..
Do U have fastboot drivers installed ????

If NOT ...then download this, then extract. and replace with that one in sdk (u need
to have Android sdk installed, if not
search google & install) http://
www33.zippyshare.com/v/22861267/
file.html

switch off phone then connect to PC by holding vol up key ur Pc ask for drivers ..
Then go to device manager find ur device right click on it and update driver by using that file which u extract in sdk and select boot loader interface ...Done...
Now do the process of unlocking Bootloader...

iF u don't want to unlock BOOTLOADER then install any custom rom based on ur stock rom via Cwm .....

pinmemo

Mar 21, 2012
BKK
I think there is No..way to unlock BOOTLOADER without connecting to pc..
Do U have fastboot drivers installed ????

If NOT ...then download this, then extract. and replace with that one in sdk (u need
to have Android sdk installed, if not
search google & install) http://
www33.zippyshare.com/v/22861267/
file.html

switch off phone then connect to PC by holding vol up key ur Pc ask for drivers ..
Then go to device manager find ur device right click on it and update driver by using that file which u extract in sdk and select boot loader interface ...Done...
Now do the process of unlocking Bootloader...

iF u don't want to unlock BOOTLOADER then install any custom rom based on ur stock rom via Cwm .....

My phone doesn't ask for any driver at all, much like it has never connected.

How can I install cwm without unlocking bootloader?

thanks mate.

mihahn

May 26, 2012
Next roadblock then, how can I root the phone without a usb cable? I have sdcard and know how to place files there. Is there anyway to work around this??

No, that's not possible :(

I guess you should try reinstalling all drivers from flashtool for all devices, or try installing PC Companion or SEUS. If that's not working, open the windows device manager and uninstall/update the drivers for your phone when it's connected :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

pinmemo

Mar 21, 2012
BKK
No, that's not possible :(

I guess you should try reinstalling all drivers from flashtool for all devices, or try installing PC Companion or SEUS. If that's not working, open the windows device manager and uninstall/update the drivers for your phone when it's connected :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4

thanks i'll try

DastanShaikh

Feb 7, 2013
Next roadblock then, how can I root the phone without a usb cable? I have sdcard and know how to place files there. Is there anyway to work around this??

Use eroot to root ur device easily..but drivers must be installed..
And if u want to root ur device without using computer u should give a try to Framaroot...:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download XParts from playstore and you'll instal cwm ;)

Sent from my WT19a with Next Gen V8 Rom using Xda App :good: