Would this fix the secure element?

Search This thread

lukemovement1

Mar 12, 2011
Bristol
if we were able to decompile Google Wallet and change what activity its launches on in the manifest so that it launches on the reset possess would this disconnect the wallet account and fix the secure element?

or would it now even be worth trying?

k4killer

Feb 27, 2011
Beaverton
It would be cool to see if one of the devs could make a patch, that doesnt even have to make Wallet work, just get us in there so we can clear the secure element.

Here is my theory on how the Secure Element works:
When you initially install and set up wallet, it creates a hardware tag and saves it into the NFCs firmware.
Then whenever you use wallet, it checks the tag written to firmware with the same tag in wallet.
If everything matches, then your good to go.
However, say you flashed your phone and deleted wallet...
You go and install Wallet on a new firmware and it generates a new tag.
When you try to run wallet the tag in the app and the tag already written to the NFC firmware dont match and presto Wallet is bricked.
Unless of course you have a nandroid with the original tag saved in the wallet app.

I have a Note 2, I managed to brick mine after I was unfortunate enough to flash a new rom, brick my wallet.
Then turns out my nandroid is corrupt. Been searching all over for a way to fix it. -_-

lukemovement1

Mar 12, 2011
Bristol
It would be cool to see if one of the devs could make a patch, that doesnt even have to make Wallet work, just get us in there so we can clear the secure element.

Here is my theory on how the Secure Element works:
When you initially install and set up wallet, it creates a hardware tag and saves it into the NFCs firmware.
Then whenever you use wallet, it checks the tag written to firmware with the same tag in wallet.
If everything matches, then your good to go.
However, say you flashed your phone and deleted wallet...
You go and install Wallet on a new firmware and it generates a new tag.
When you try to run wallet the tag in the app and the tag already written to the NFC firmware dont match and presto Wallet is bricked.
Unless of course you have a nandroid with the original tag saved in the wallet app.

I have a Note 2, I managed to brick mine after I was unfortunate enough to flash a new rom, brick my wallet.
Then turns out my nandroid is corrupt. Been searching all over for a way to fix it. -_-

so if we can wipe the tag we should be able to unbrick the secure element? where did you get this information about the secure element from?

Last edited: