[ROM][JB 4.3] i747z UCUEMJ2 (Modified) Stock TouchWiz No-Knox ROM(Odexed)NEW 11/23/13

Search This thread

agriff

Oct 23, 2009
Dallas
***NEW11/11/2013 v3.1 REBUILT FROM SCRATCH using the stock insecure kernel and ROM base. *******
This is for at&t SGH-i747 model only. Do not flash with any other model of Galaxy S3.

i747z v 3.1 November 23, 2013

Green Theme v 3.1

Blue Theme v 3.1

Canadian ROM goodness for US At&t i747 users.

The ROM's name is simply "i747z", in reference to that one letter of the alphabet that differentiates Canadians from Americans. Each will pronounce the name of this ROM differently. Plus, I wanted something simple and stock-like on /Settings/About device for the phone for those who might have company IT Departments viewing their devices. Having something like "Frankenstein's Butthole ROM" on the device kind of gives away your rooted status a bit more. BTW, you may refer to this ROM by the above name, if you like.

The current Jelly Bean 4.3 from Samsung is pretty solid. But, as we all know, for whatever reasons, At&t will take a good ROM and add restrictions and "features" that make it barely usuable.

Our Canadian GSIII brothers, on the otherhand, are usually, mercifully, spared from the full carrier hack-job given to us by At&t.

Luckily Samsung is kind enough to hide the as yet unreleased Canadian carrier ROM features in our at&t UCUEMJ2 leak. Using these ROM features, I have attempted to give us in the US what At&t should have.

This ROM is odexed (re-odexed), as it would come from Samsung. In theory, this should give you better speed and battery performance. I have found it be lightning fast, smooth as silk, with best I've tested battery usage. Let me know what you think.

ROM Features:

-Rooted (Latest SuperSU)
-BusyBox installed
-Based on Stock UCUEMJ2 Touchwiz 4.3 Jelly Bean leak for at&t. Big thanks to @designgears for the leak!
-Insecure Stock UCUEMJ2 kernel Thanks to thanks to @stratatak7 and @upndwn4par
-Odexed ROM. All Modded APKs and JARs properly re-odexed.
-Knox Free and Partially debloated. Feel free to remove whatever else you don't need.
-Unbranded-Generic GS3 build characteristics, started with Rogers base
-Native Call Recording on Menu. Hit Menu button when connected on call.
-Premium Suite...
-Properly functioning Google Now from 4.4 Kit Katt
-Modded Brightness settings for power saving and better screen
-All Samsung language options enabled
-Precise battery mod. (This is what I call my 1% battery mod. There are no percentages on the battery, itself. IMO, not necessary since the option to display remaining battery percentage is available to us in a stock ROM. So, whereas in a stock ROM, the battery image displayed in the status bar will change only after 10-15% is lost or gained. With my theme, the blue or green in the battery image will gain or lose one row of pixels for every 3-4% lost or gained. Even without battery percentages shown, in a day or 2 you will be able to guesstimate how much battery you have left within 5%, in my experience.) Thanks to Wanam and Lidroid
-Torch (flashlight) added to stock QuickSettings Toggles v.3.1
-International Boot Animation. Not sure where I got the Startup/Shutdown sounds. Probably a Wanam ROM along the way.
-Removed at&t's tethering tracking and throttling APNs
-Native data toggle for LTE/3g/4g. (Will say WCDMA for now. It's not)
-Functioning WiFi and Bluetooth Tethering.
-9 Home Screen Launcher. Wallpaper Scrolling enabled. 9 Screen Home with fixed wallpaper avail as add-on.
-Email app, Corporate Exchange policies disabled. http://goo.gl/ShfEg
-White themed email app
-Editable voicemail number
-Correct number displayed in Call Logs when calling with Google Voice.
-Google Voice Voicemails in Native phone app (Call Logs)
-at&t address book removed. You will get no nags to sync with at&t
-Increased number of available Speed Dial Entries to 99.
-Join up to 99 Contacts, instead of 5
-Camera available on calls
-AOSP Emoji keyboard
-Samsung "Find My Mobile"/Samsung Dive enabled in Settings
-Backup to Samsung account now enabled.
-Sync Select Dropbox files with Interior SD account. Native i9300 app.
-Removed "Software Update" option from Settings
-Hardware version shown in Settings.
-Ability to Set Custom Vibrations for each contact
-Option to close browser available on browser menu.
-Removed all carrier Browser Bookmarks. Only 1-preset now, which is Google and is editable.
-Pop-up browser from Galaxy Note 2. http://goo.gl/nGcER
-Extra Touchwiz widgets from I9300 Intl ROM
-New Message app from S4
-Increased allowed size of custom Ringtones.
-Native SIP/VOIP Calling over 3g/LTE via Phone app
-AT&T WiFi Hotspots
-Removed Ongoing Wifi Connected Notifications
-Multiple Widgets on Lock Screen
-Swipe Right from Clock on Lock Screen to bring up Camera
-Updated some but not all of Google Play updatable /system/apps
-Enable dialing contact with motion
-ad blocking with hosts file
-Group SMS
-Unlimited SMS recipient list Fixed in v 1.4
-Various build.prop tweaks.
-12 built in Wallpapers to choose from via native app.
-More tweaks that I can't recall right now. Will edit as I recall.

To Install

-Copy Rom to either sdcard
-Backup Current ROM
-Wipe cache/Dalvik cache. Full wipe Twice. Format /system and /data and /cache. Full factory reset again.

-Flash UCUEMJ2 bootloader THESE ARE FOR at&t's SGH-I747 MODEL AND NO OTHER. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER MODEL YOU WILL LIKELY BRICK YOUR PHONE (DO NOT FLASH IF YOU HAVE AN SGH-I747M FROM CANADA)

-Flash UCUEMJ2 modem THESE ARE FOR at&t's SGH-I747 MODEL AND NO OTHER. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER MODEL YOU WILL LIKELY BRICK YOUR PHONE (DO NOT FLASH IF YOU HAVE AN SGH-I747M FROM CANADA)

-Flash ROM from recovery
-Reboot

-Be awesome.

Reodexing .jar files is proving to be quite a challenge on TouchWiz 4.3. So, at this point, to enable the features you need that I have not been able to yet include, I would recommend you install the great Xposed Mod from here...
...and also Wanam's great Xposed mod from
Google Play

Email and Exchange with Exchange Policies intact
TouchWiz Launcher-9 Screen-No Wallpaper Scrolling

Last edited:

agriff

Oct 23, 2009
Dallas
****Reserved for Future Use****

Changelog
v1.0 Initial Release
v1.1 Fixed Issue with Call Logs not matching to Contacts
v 1.2
Updated Flipboard.apk from Google Play
Updated host file for ad blocker
Updated popupbrowser with larger dimensions for browser. The browser popup now takes up more screen real estate
No Increasing Ringtone for Calls

v1.3 Full Wipe Recommended (but not required) to remove all traces of lingering media scanner issues.
All traces of Media Scanner Edits removed.
ROM zip re-built from scratch to make certain all traces of the media scan issues are removed.
Extra emoji on Stock Samsung keyboard also added.

v1.4 Partial Changelog-more detail to come when I have more time.

v1.5 Mainly bug fixes for stability, perfomance, and battery savings. Used the most stable version so far (v.1.3) as a base, re-added all mods listed in v 1.4. Should fix APN issues
Added "Backup to Samsung Account"-Check Accounts/Samsung Account
Updated latest SuperSu (Superuser)
Updated Google Wallet apk to latest modded version (by Paul O'Brien) Thanks Paul
Updated some, but not all, of Google Play system/apps.
Updated a few of the Google Apps to 4.2.1 versions
Still featuring Uniview (as opposed to Multiview)

v2.0 Initial Release Jellybean 4.1.2 VLDMF1
v2.1 Re-added Bluetooth Tethering, additional Mods and attempt to squash all bugs

v2.2 8/20/2013 FULL REBUILD FROM SCRATCH in an attempt to address power drain, and all other issues
v2.3 More fine tuning. Cleaner .zip base. ril tweaks for the network. Updated some system apps.

v2.4 More fine tuning, plus....
-Disable Edge Zoom Toggle is now fully functional. Settings/Display to turn on off. Fully close Browser or Gmail/Samsung Email app to see toggle take affect
-Device Status now shows as Normal, instead of Modified. Settings/About device/Status
-Stock UCDMG2 kernel and ROM base, still using VLDMF1 apks and framework
-Additional Messaging, SMS/MMS Options.
-New CWM flashable options...No brightness slider in notification area Blue and Green Version/TW Home Launcher 9-Screen No Scrolling/Disable any Home Lag Flash (Do not use with -Home 2 Shortcut app from Market, as the mod simulates a second Home tap after 1st and Home 2 will always lanuch Double Tap app)
-build.prop now based on at&t version. Seems to help with connectivity issues.
-Edited APNs to hopefully take away at&t's ability to track tethering and/or throttle your speeds.

v2.5
-Google Wallet Hack Returns! Without need for Exposed Framework. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) But, your i747z remains nearly stock with fewer moving parts that can go wrong.
-Returned to single Download, based on Rogers Version.
-bug fixes and cleaning up some coding

v3.0 November 11, 2013. Initial release of TouchWiz Jellybean 4.3

Google Wallet not working as of v3.0. Need a Sprint leak of Touchwiz 4.3 for gs3 and we're back in business.

To Get Google Wallet working Thanks to Loserskater for the modded apk.

Flash i747z version 2.5 or higher
If you currently have Google Wallet installed, sign out of the app
Force Stop on Wallet app
Clear Cache and Clear Data on Wallet app
Delete all traces of it from both locations /system/app and /data/app/
In /system directory, look for build.prop With a Root Explorer, rename file to build.prop.bak
Find build.prop.bak_GW. Rename to build.prop.
Reboot, twice.
Open Google Wallet app, not prior to this step.
Set up Wallet with your Googe Account, including Tap and Pay. Make sure you have all your cards added.
Reboot
Check what Tap and Pay says in "About" section of the app
Confirm what happens on transaction

Then.....

with a Root Explorer, find /system/build.prop (new one you just renamed prior) and rename to build.prop.bak_GW ...or just delete
Rename build.prop.bak to build.prop.
Reboot twice.
Check Google Wallet again and you will see it Tap and Pay still works

Enjoy!

====================================================================================================================================

**As suggested by darocks1999, what worked for him was downloading Rescan Media Root from Google Play http://goo.gl/ruokP **
Open the app, allow root permission, Click the "Re-Enable Media Scanner" button. Maybe to be safe back out of the app and Re-enable it again. You should then reboot. I think you can then uninstall Rescan Media Root.
====================================================================================================================================

Thanks to....

Loserskater
Jovy23
wanam
enewman17
RoryB
TheAxman
WHOIZLUCKY92
Zeus20, who did a lot of work helping me test my failed kernel theory.
XDA

Last edited:

agriff

Oct 23, 2009
Dallas
*****Screen Shots*****

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-01-12-55-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-01-12-55-13.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 11,377
  • Screenshot_2013-01-05-23-52-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-05-23-52-06.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 10,334
  • Screenshot_2013-11-08-07-22-50.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-08-07-22-50.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 2,485
  • Screenshot_2013-11-08-00-56-36.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-08-00-56-36.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 2,376
  • Screenshot_2013-11-08-07-21-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-08-07-21-23.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 2,362
  • Screenshot_2013-11-11-06-52-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-11-06-52-32.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,464
  • Screenshot_2013-11-11-06-52-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-11-06-52-43.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2,503
Last edited:

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
If you have included the UCLK3 modem, Canadian users will also need to flash their modem to make it work. Just pointing that out. Sounds good (should look good, *hint*add some screenies of both themes you have included*hint*) though!

Sent from my Boeing 747 (AT&T GALAXY S3, for those who don't know :p)

sKoWN_kAT

Jun 20, 2012
Looks great. By any chance, is there an LTE toggle in this ROM? I work in a fringe LTE Area and my battery is suffering greatly. TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

onei0077

Jan 26, 2008
Ottawa
Looks great. By any chance, is there an LTE toggle in this ROM? I work in a fringe LTE Area and my battery is suffering greatly. TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

So you know for future ROMs there's an app called lte on/off in the play store its free and has the ability to turn it on and off. It doesn't mention working for our gs3 but it does.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Unhived__Mind

Sep 11, 2012
This rom looks really promising! Looking forward to trying it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

oriveradel

Sep 29, 2007
I installed on Telus phone, all I had to do was add telus apn LTE works fine...mudt select it from network mode

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

amwbt

Ok, have a couple issues. Number one, both music players the stock and the google music player close about 5 seconds after I launch them. The second thing is when I try to access Media Hub it says wrong device I.D. Now I know how to fix this in build.prop, however would be great if it could be fixed in next update. For Media Hub to work properly and google play store recognizes the correct phone. Other than that I love the ROM.

agriff

Oct 23, 2009
Dallas
Ok, have a couple issues. Number one, both music players the stock and the google music player close about 5 seconds after I launch them. The second thing is when I try to access Media Hub it says wrong device I.D. Now I know how to fix this in build.prop, however would be great if it could be fixed in next update. For Media Hub to work properly and google play store recognizes the correct phone. Other than that I love the ROM.
Thanks. I'm not having those issues. What network are you on?
The Google Music is stock from Google Play, unmodded, as you would download it. The stock music player is also unmodded, straight from the stock ROM. So, not sure what would cause that either. I purposefully left Media Hub out of the ROM. So, I am not really focused on that, but let me know what you did to the build.prop and I'll see if I can make the changes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***NEW11/11/2013 v3.1 REBUILT FROM SCRATCH using the stock insecure kernel and ROM base. *******
    This is for at&t SGH-i747 model only. Do not flash with any other model of Galaxy S3.

i747z v 3.1 November 23, 2013

Green Theme v 3.1

Blue Theme v 3.1

Canadian ROM goodness for US At&t i747 users.

The ROM's name is simply "i747z", in reference to that one letter of the alphabet that differentiates Canadians from Americans. Each will pronounce the name of this ROM differently. Plus, I wanted something simple and stock-like on /Settings/About device for the phone for those who might have company IT Departments viewing their devices. Having something like "Frankenstein's Butthole ROM" on the device kind of gives away your rooted status a bit more. BTW, you may refer to this ROM by the above name, if you like.

The current Jelly Bean 4.3 from Samsung is pretty solid. But, as we all know, for whatever reasons, At&t will take a good ROM and add restrictions and "features" that make it barely usuable.

Our Canadian GSIII brothers, on the otherhand, are usually, mercifully, spared from the full carrier hack-job given to us by At&t.

Luckily Samsung is kind enough to hide the as yet unreleased Canadian carrier ROM features in our at&t UCUEMJ2 leak. Using these ROM features, I have attempted to give us in the US what At&t should have.

This ROM is odexed (re-odexed), as it would come from Samsung. In theory, this should give you better speed and battery performance. I have found it be lightning fast, smooth as silk, with best I've tested battery usage. Let me know what you think.

ROM Features:

-Rooted (Latest SuperSU)
    -BusyBox installed
    -Based on Stock UCUEMJ2 Touchwiz 4.3 Jelly Bean leak for at&t. Big thanks to @designgears for the leak!
    -Insecure Stock UCUEMJ2 kernel Thanks to thanks to @stratatak7 and @upndwn4par
    -Odexed ROM. All Modded APKs and JARs properly re-odexed.
    -Knox Free and Partially debloated. Feel free to remove whatever else you don't need.
    -Unbranded-Generic GS3 build characteristics, started with Rogers base
    -Native Call Recording on Menu. Hit Menu button when connected on call.
    -Premium Suite...
    -Properly functioning Google Now from 4.4 Kit Katt
    -Modded Brightness settings for power saving and better screen
    -All Samsung language options enabled
    -Precise battery mod. (This is what I call my 1% battery mod. There are no percentages on the battery, itself. IMO, not necessary since the option to display remaining battery percentage is available to us in a stock ROM. So, whereas in a stock ROM, the battery image displayed in the status bar will change only after 10-15% is lost or gained. With my theme, the blue or green in the battery image will gain or lose one row of pixels for every 3-4% lost or gained. Even without battery percentages shown, in a day or 2 you will be able to guesstimate how much battery you have left within 5%, in my experience.) Thanks to Wanam and Lidroid
    -Torch (flashlight) added to stock QuickSettings Toggles v.3.1
    -International Boot Animation. Not sure where I got the Startup/Shutdown sounds. Probably a Wanam ROM along the way.
    -Removed at&t's tethering tracking and throttling APNs
    -Native data toggle for LTE/3g/4g. (Will say WCDMA for now. It's not)
    -Functioning WiFi and Bluetooth Tethering.
    -9 Home Screen Launcher. Wallpaper Scrolling enabled. 9 Screen Home with fixed wallpaper avail as add-on.
    -Email app, Corporate Exchange policies disabled. http://goo.gl/ShfEg
    -White themed email app
    -Editable voicemail number
    -Correct number displayed in Call Logs when calling with Google Voice.
    -Google Voice Voicemails in Native phone app (Call Logs)
    -at&t address book removed. You will get no nags to sync with at&t
    -Increased number of available Speed Dial Entries to 99.
    -Join up to 99 Contacts, instead of 5
    -Camera available on calls
    -AOSP Emoji keyboard
    -Samsung "Find My Mobile"/Samsung Dive enabled in Settings
    -Backup to Samsung account now enabled.
    -Sync Select Dropbox files with Interior SD account. Native i9300 app.
    -Removed "Software Update" option from Settings
    -Hardware version shown in Settings.
    -Ability to Set Custom Vibrations for each contact
    -Option to close browser available on browser menu.
    -Removed all carrier Browser Bookmarks. Only 1-preset now, which is Google and is editable.
    -Pop-up browser from Galaxy Note 2. http://goo.gl/nGcER
    -Extra Touchwiz widgets from I9300 Intl ROM
    -New Message app from S4
    -Increased allowed size of custom Ringtones.
    -Native SIP/VOIP Calling over 3g/LTE via Phone app
    -AT&T WiFi Hotspots
    -Removed Ongoing Wifi Connected Notifications
    -Multiple Widgets on Lock Screen
    -Swipe Right from Clock on Lock Screen to bring up Camera
    -Updated some but not all of Google Play updatable /system/apps
    -Enable dialing contact with motion
    -ad blocking with hosts file
    -Group SMS
    -Unlimited SMS recipient list Fixed in v 1.4
    -Various build.prop tweaks.
    -12 built in Wallpapers to choose from via native app.
    -More tweaks that I can't recall right now. Will edit as I recall.

To Install

-Copy Rom to either sdcard
    -Backup Current ROM
    -Wipe cache/Dalvik cache. Full wipe Twice. Format /system and /data and /cache. Full factory reset again.

-Flash UCUEMJ2 bootloader THESE ARE FOR at&t's SGH-I747 MODEL AND NO OTHER. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER MODEL YOU WILL LIKELY BRICK YOUR PHONE (DO NOT FLASH IF YOU HAVE AN SGH-I747M FROM CANADA)

-Flash UCUEMJ2 modem THESE ARE FOR at&t's SGH-I747 MODEL AND NO OTHER. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER MODEL YOU WILL LIKELY BRICK YOUR PHONE (DO NOT FLASH IF YOU HAVE AN SGH-I747M FROM CANADA)

-Flash ROM from recovery
    -Reboot

-Be awesome.

Reodexing .jar files is proving to be quite a challenge on TouchWiz 4.3. So, at this point, to enable the features you need that I have not been able to yet include, I would recommend you install the great Xposed Mod from here...
    ...and also Wanam's great Xposed mod from
    Google Play

Email and Exchange with Exchange Policies intact
    TouchWiz Launcher-9 Screen-No Wallpaper Scrolling
    ****Reserved for Future Use****

Changelog
    v1.0 Initial Release
    v1.1 Fixed Issue with Call Logs not matching to Contacts
    v 1.2
    Updated Flipboard.apk from Google Play
    Updated host file for ad blocker
    Updated popupbrowser with larger dimensions for browser. The browser popup now takes up more screen real estate
    No Increasing Ringtone for Calls

v1.3 Full Wipe Recommended (but not required) to remove all traces of lingering media scanner issues.
    All traces of Media Scanner Edits removed.
    ROM zip re-built from scratch to make certain all traces of the media scan issues are removed.
    Extra emoji on Stock Samsung keyboard also added.

v1.4 Partial Changelog-more detail to come when I have more time.

v1.5 Mainly bug fixes for stability, perfomance, and battery savings. Used the most stable version so far (v.1.3) as a base, re-added all mods listed in v 1.4. Should fix APN issues
    Added "Backup to Samsung Account"-Check Accounts/Samsung Account
    Updated latest SuperSu (Superuser)
    Updated Google Wallet apk to latest modded version (by Paul O'Brien) Thanks Paul
    Updated some, but not all, of Google Play system/apps.
    Updated a few of the Google Apps to 4.2.1 versions
    Still featuring Uniview (as opposed to Multiview)

v2.0 Initial Release Jellybean 4.1.2 VLDMF1
    v2.1 Re-added Bluetooth Tethering, additional Mods and attempt to squash all bugs

v2.2 8/20/2013 FULL REBUILD FROM SCRATCH in an attempt to address power drain, and all other issues
    v2.3 More fine tuning. Cleaner .zip base. ril tweaks for the network. Updated some system apps.

v2.4 More fine tuning, plus....
    -Disable Edge Zoom Toggle is now fully functional. Settings/Display to turn on off. Fully close Browser or Gmail/Samsung Email app to see toggle take affect
    -Device Status now shows as Normal, instead of Modified. Settings/About device/Status
    -Stock UCDMG2 kernel and ROM base, still using VLDMF1 apks and framework
    -Additional Messaging, SMS/MMS Options.
    -New CWM flashable options...No brightness slider in notification area Blue and Green Version/TW Home Launcher 9-Screen No Scrolling/Disable any Home Lag Flash (Do not use with -Home 2 Shortcut app from Market, as the mod simulates a second Home tap after 1st and Home 2 will always lanuch Double Tap app)
    -build.prop now based on at&t version. Seems to help with connectivity issues.
    -Edited APNs to hopefully take away at&t's ability to track tethering and/or throttle your speeds.

v2.5
    -Google Wallet Hack Returns! Without need for Exposed Framework. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) But, your i747z remains nearly stock with fewer moving parts that can go wrong.
    -Returned to single Download, based on Rogers Version.
    -bug fixes and cleaning up some coding

v3.0 November 11, 2013. Initial release of TouchWiz Jellybean 4.3

Google Wallet not working as of v3.0. Need a Sprint leak of Touchwiz 4.3 for gs3 and we're back in business.

To Get Google Wallet working Thanks to Loserskater for the modded apk.

Flash i747z version 2.5 or higher
    If you currently have Google Wallet installed, sign out of the app
    Force Stop on Wallet app
    Clear Cache and Clear Data on Wallet app
    Delete all traces of it from both locations /system/app and /data/app/
    In /system directory, look for build.prop With a Root Explorer, rename file to build.prop.bak
    Find build.prop.bak_GW. Rename to build.prop.
    Reboot, twice.
    Open Google Wallet app, not prior to this step.
    Set up Wallet with your Googe Account, including Tap and Pay. Make sure you have all your cards added.
    Reboot
    Check what Tap and Pay says in "About" section of the app
    Confirm what happens on transaction

Then.....

with a Root Explorer, find /system/build.prop (new one you just renamed prior) and rename to build.prop.bak_GW ...or just delete
    Rename build.prop.bak to build.prop.
    Reboot twice.
    Check Google Wallet again and you will see it Tap and Pay still works

Enjoy!

**As suggested by darocks1999, what worked for him was downloading Rescan Media Root from Google Play http://goo.gl/ruokP **
    Open the app, allow root permission, Click the "Re-Enable Media Scanner" button. Maybe to be safe back out of the app and Re-enable it again. You should then reboot. I think you can then uninstall Rescan Media Root.

Thanks to....

Loserskater
    Jovy23
    wanam
    enewman17
    RoryB
    TheAxman
    WHOIZLUCKY92
    Zeus20, who did a lot of work helping me test my failed kernel theory.
    XDA
    New Update v 1.4 Lots of Changes

Just uploaded v 1.4. Check post #1 Lots of Changes.

Edit (...and one f-up with Google Voice Call Logs)
    I'll upload a v 1.4.1 or 1.5 after everyone lets me know if there are any more bugs.
    In the meantime, the fix for Google Voice Call Logs is an easy one because, as I mentioned it's already in the ROM.
    With a Root File Explorer, navigate to /system/csc
    Locate sales_code.dat Delete it.
    Locate sales_code.dat.bak Rename it to sales_code.dat
    Reboot

or flash this in CWM

Google Voice Call Log Fix v 1.4

Trying to upload quickly at work so here is the quick changelog I can remember. I will get more into detail tonight.

-Fix 4g Lte Toggle with new apn. After a ton of testing and research, it looks like the auto-LTE settings are hard coded into our SIM cards and built into the network. Thanks again, at&t. To overcome this I have built in a 2nd APN into the ROM that you can toggle to stay on 3g/4g. Just switch the APN. LTE to 4g will take about 10 seconds to switch. Sometimes 4g to LTE takes a few minutes to switch over. To speed up the transfer, toggle to the PTA APN, go into Airplane mode for about 5 seconds then turn Airplane mode off. Reboot works, too. If flashing 1.4 over a previous version, MUST RESET APNS TO DEFAULT TO SEE CHANGES

-Popup World clock on statusbar clock Touch the clock on your status bar to see world times

-Full Att Market fix. Should be recognized as at&t I747 everywhere now. For all intents and purposes, all traces of i747M are gone now.

-Rogers etc APNs for Canada
    To Fully convert to i747M, Canadian Users only
    i747M_VLDK4 Modem -Flash in CWM
    Other files which will complete the transformation Flash in CWM, also
    Once you boot up, go to: Device Settings/More Settings/Mobile networks/Access Point Names and "Reset to default". Your Rogers/Fido APNs should appear. I would then reboot, just to be safe

-SecMms.apk -Unlimited Recipients for Group messaging now, also unlimited texts per hour. supports texts in languages with other alphabets. vibrate option, and so many more SMS options unlocked that I can't even name them all.
    -SecMms.apk-Themed, brighter and different color variations of bubble#1, color change on bubble#3. I find the chat bubble options very dull. So I tweaked them a bit but tried to stay faithful to the overall the Nature theme, as well as give some options to match the green/blue toggles and battery themes. There are 3 different color choices for Sent/Received. You can mix and match any of the 3. If you don't like my work, I will upload the stock theme with the new Mms options.

-New framework mods to unlock features and save power
    -Launcher 2 with 9 home screens default.no scrolling. Others avail as add-ons.
    -Generic text on reboot/power off buttons on pulldown toggles. (No longer has a Rom name)
    -HD wallpapers from Galaxy Tab series. Very sharp HD wallpapers on stock Wallpaper Chooser app
    -Updated some, but not all, System Apps from Google Play

More, but will edit later with full details.
    Just some minor tweaking for you...

-I modded the big Pop-up Browser, from the Note 2. I made this for my personal use and thought I'd share. The only change I made is that it opens taller by default, much closer to the largest size, just not quite full size. I got tired of always first changing the size when I opened it.

-2ndly, I can't believe it took me this long to notice this issue, but I had DRM issues with Google Play Movies and TV, in that I couldn't watch anything I paid for with this ROM. I think it has to do with mismatches in the various device identifiers in various places within a ROM. Because these mismatches are necessary to achieve other objectives in this ROM, I need to leave them as they are. Flash the attached zip if you have having the same DRM issues. I read that the fix might break Hulu, which I don't use and can't test. If it does, let me know and then flash the return to stock zip for DRM.

On a side note, about 10 days ago, I actually got to spend a good 2 minutes alone with the new Galaxy S IV. A friend of mine with Samsung US let me play with his S IV at&t model for a while. I could sense his paranoia about an unauthorized person handling it, especially because he is well aware I like to root. So, I reluctantly handed it back.
    Sorry, no real news scoops to announce. It was the Snapdragon version, quad-core. Running 4.2.2. It had the Samsung OEM flip cover on it. So, the feel in hand might have been a little off, but it felt a little more squared in the hand. Meaning, not the pebble, curved feel. It was snappy as can be. No major TW design changes or colors. The major thing jumped out at me is how the screen takes up considerably more real estate on the face of the phone than it does on the S III. Meaning, the border is much smaller around the screen. Other than that, just at a glance, you'd have to be a real phone-nerd to notice any different from the S III. (which describes most of us, right?)
    My friend also stated that the at&t 4.1.2 update for the i747 S III is already done. Which, I believe, means at&t is doing their final internal testing before release. No info on whether it will include Multiview, but I have a strong suspicion it won't, because of our lack of quad-core. At&t would never risk having complaints about slow phones because of it, IMO. He also mentioned a mid/late summer maintenance release for Jelly Bean for the i747.
    While waiting for 4.1.2, another minor add-on for your enjoyment....

Multiview/Multi Window is still a no-go on 4.1.1, but I was able to integrate part of that feature without affecting the integrity of the ROM with hybrid framework files.
    What I've been able to do is integrate the Flashbar feature. It will NOT open multiple window versions of your apps. What it does, however, is add a configurable Quick Launcher for all the apps on your phone, accessible from anywhere. It simply opens the regular version of the apps.

No Settings option needed to turn it on. After flashing, simply long-press the Back button to make it visible.

Again, this is NOT full Multiview/Multiwindow. Just part of that feature.

Wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash from recovery.