[APP][4.0+] [UPDATED] Android 4.2 Keyboard With Gesture Typing

Search This thread

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
just a heads up, this keyboard is now officially in the play store! :good:

ok guys, here we go again :D this time its the Android 4.2 keyboard w/ gesture typing (pulled from Nexus 4, so YES its official)!

Prerequisites: Must be running 4.0+

Installation instructions for non-AOSP roms w/ overlay ie Samsung TouchWiz, HTC Sense, Sony (reported to be a working method w/AOSP roms ie CM 9/10, AOKP)

1. download the apk and place it on your sd card
2. use your favorite file explorer and tap the apk (make sure you have "install from unknown sources" enabled in your phone settings)
3. go into your phone's keyboard settings and enable "Android keyboard"
4. enjoy!

get the apk here

Installation instructions for AOSP roms ie STOCK Android 4.0+ (if the simple apk install didnt work for you)

1. download the zip file and place it on your sd card
2. reboot to recovery
3. install zip from sd card
4. reboot and enjoy!

get the flashable zip here

[UPDATE 1] updated, deodexed version of the keyboard AND gallery/camera can be found here courtesy of randomblame. be sure to thank him for his work! this zip MUST be flashed in recovery! if you are having trouble with the keyboard not working, remove the default keyboard with Titanium Backup and flash again.

[UPDATE 2] Tsjoklat has also made a flashable zip of the newer version, you can find here. be sure to thank him! this zip DOES NOT contain the gallery/camera, only the keyboard and associated libs.

Gmail 4.2 apk is back and available for download! get it here!

Full LG Nexus 4 System Dump/Sounds/Wallpapers available here!

source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...d-4-2-keyboard-with-gesture-typing-right-now/

Last edited:

Sucky1983

Jun 15, 2012
Stralsund
Works on CM10 Crespo Nightly

Hi
The Keyboard works great on CM10 Nightly. Simply installed the akp.

Exact ROM:
cm-10-20121030-NIGHTLY-crespo.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmako777

omegaRED7

Jan 2, 2012
Skopje
Installed by flashing the zip and then deleting the original keyboard from my Galaxy S Plus running CM9. Works very nice! A side question, is it possible to add additional dictionaries to it?

Sent from my GT-I9001

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
Thank you for this! Off topic but could you possibly get the camera apk?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

jerichi

Aug 17, 2010
Hendersonville
This keyboard is sick. +1 for the camera apk!!!" Thank you I'm hitting the thank you button!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Slagathor

Apr 29, 2010
Tilburg
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
How did you guys get gesture typing to work? I'm on CM10 20121029 and see the keyboard (and can select it) but gesture typing doesn't work. I tried installing the APK and (after uninstall) tried the zip with CWM. No worky for me!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just a heads up, this keyboard is now officially in the play store! :good:

ok guys, here we go again :D this time its the Android 4.2 keyboard w/ gesture typing (pulled from Nexus 4, so YES its official)!

Prerequisites: Must be running 4.0+

Installation instructions for non-AOSP roms w/ overlay ie Samsung TouchWiz, HTC Sense, Sony (reported to be a working method w/AOSP roms ie CM 9/10, AOKP)

1. download the apk and place it on your sd card
    2. use your favorite file explorer and tap the apk (make sure you have "install from unknown sources" enabled in your phone settings)
    3. go into your phone's keyboard settings and enable "Android keyboard"
    4. enjoy!

get the apk here

Installation instructions for AOSP roms ie STOCK Android 4.0+ (if the simple apk install didnt work for you)

1. download the zip file and place it on your sd card
    2. reboot to recovery
    3. install zip from sd card
    4. reboot and enjoy!

get the flashable zip here

[UPDATE 1] updated, deodexed version of the keyboard AND gallery/camera can be found here courtesy of randomblame. be sure to thank him for his work! this zip MUST be flashed in recovery! if you are having trouble with the keyboard not working, remove the default keyboard with Titanium Backup and flash again.

[UPDATE 2] Tsjoklat has also made a flashable zip of the newer version, you can find here. be sure to thank him! this zip DOES NOT contain the gallery/camera, only the keyboard and associated libs.

Gmail 4.2 apk is back and available for download! get it here!

Full LG Nexus 4 System Dump/Sounds/Wallpapers available here!

source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...d-4-2-keyboard-with-gesture-typing-right-now/
    Here is a flashable zip that contains only the updated keyboard files from the latest Nexus 4 ROM. The other flashable zip a few posts above this (from the Nexus 4 ROM) had errors in the update script. Also, the version of the flashable zip in this post does not contain any files associated to the camera application (that should be separate).

I just tested this on CM10 and English is working fine. Dutch works, but Dutch is still not working with the swipe feature in any of the versions posted.
    I put this one together from todays dump

http://www.mediafire.com/?sj2vy4lrvmd4z38

Deodexed it all this morning it works amazingly

Feel free to update the OP just credit this guy :p
    This keyboard is sick. +1 for the camera apk!!!" Thank you I'm hitting the thank you button!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Ill try and grab it, but AP has the dump, so its all dependent upon what they decide to let go. I WILL post it if I can tho! :)

Sent from my Xoom
    Hi
    The Keyboard works great on CM10 Nightly. Simply installed the akp.

good to know, i will redact the OP. thanks!