Bionic on tmobile

Search This thread

joesee

Jul 22, 2007
Did you trim the SIM too much? haha!!!

This might be a dumb question, but did you check to make sure the phone is in english??

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
I'm trying to config my Bionic for Tmobile but has some questions:

Do I need to load the Gummy Targa first before running Radiocomm?

If yes then where can I download the Gummy?

Thanks
KEY

vmu

Apr 22, 2012
Moengo
Story so far with my Droid 4.

I updated my radio with radiocomm and GSM works. No data though. After patching with the Droid Razr gsm patch, Gsm and 3G (Data) work. Only the quality of voice calls is bad ("slow motion sound") to non-existent (No sound at all)

Fiddling with the build.prop file with the help of other D4 xda forummers. Some people managed to fix the voice issues within the AOKP rom. I'm still using stock. Will try AOKP this weekend with modified build.prop :)

highlandsun

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2009
Los Angeles
highlandsun.com
For everyone who has tried it and is posting their results here, would you please post what country you're in, and who your provider is? Successes and failures would all be useful info.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

hugostudio

May 4, 2012
Bionic on Tmobile

Thank you so much for this info, got my Bionic working in Mexico's GSM networks. At first it kept getting the bars with a red circle and slash, kept going into *#*$4636#*#* and played with the GPS only turned radio off and on and for some reason it work at times, but now it seems to be working fine (don't think I can get on 3g) but better for me Mexico has outrageous prices, I'll stick with WIFI working on Usasel, Movistar, and sory ass Tercel, hope this helps sombody.

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
Thank you so much for this info, got my Bionic working in Mexico's GSM networks. At first it kept getting the bars with a red circle and slash, kept going into *#*$4636#*#* and played with the GPS only turned radio off and on and for some reason it work at times, but now it seems to be working fine (don't think I can get on 3g) but better for me Mexico has outrageous prices, I'll stick with WIFI working on Usasel, Movistar, and sory ass Tercel, hope this helps sombody.

WCDMA Preferred seems to work the best.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

ComradeZ

May 5, 2012
Ugh

Stupid Question. Can anyone give me the hex read of number 1878 in Rcommradio?

I think I might have slipped and reprogrammed that one instead. Would like to switch it back if it was changed. Thanks. =)

Going to try for Simple Mobile in Honolulu Hawaii USA.

Will report back.

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
Hello,

I just got my new Bionic and try to make it work with Tmobile but it alway show "No SIM card" even those I already input the T sim in.

Here is what I did:

1- My original firmware is 5.9.902
2- Update to 5.9.904,
3- root
4- install Bionicbootstrap.apk
5- using CW bootstap to install "TBH_Bionic_GSM_Band_Config_Unlock_v1.0.zip"
6- Reboot and display show no sim and antenabar is grey out
7- Try to enter *#*#4635#*#* then go down to click on Refresh then update --> ANT still grey out but have circle red with dash
8- Now, when I try to go to Mobile Network under setting, then click on Network Mode, a windows pop up which I can see other network band such as CDMA, GSM... but it crash right away.
9- Try to go to Access Point Name, I do see the TMobile but again, it crash right away.

Turn off the Bionic, put back the Version 4G SIM, now I have the same problems as Tmobile sim, no signal, no service....

Then I try to do the factory reset, the Verizon Sim is working again and no crash.

Could anyone please tell me what did I do wrong?

Please help....

vmu

Apr 22, 2012
Moengo
For everyone who has tried it and is posting their results here, would you please post what country you're in, and who your provider is? Successes and failures would all be useful info.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Droid 4 works with both TeleG/Telesur (Suriname, not in the provider list of this forum ;) ) Telfort And KPN Netherlands. All GSM networks.

GPRS, EDGE and 3G work flawlessly after patching with the RAZR GSM patch.
Data doesn't work if the used rom is unpatched.
Voice problems occur with all roms with or without patch. Voice sounds wobbly, pitched up or pitched down or no voice is heard at all on a regular base.

Tested roms: AOKP 05-04, 04-12, 04-17 , Arctic 2.3.4, Chinese GSM Lijan 04.18, Stock motoblur 6.13.215 and Eclipse 1.3.1

GSM Patches: Eclipse Frasertag and RAZR_AOK_CM9_GSM_RIL_PATCH

Let me know if you want more info :)

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
For anyone having difficulty with this that needs or wants to return to a stock configuration in the NV and used the TBH zip to perform the edit, here is a zip that writes the original 0700000000000000 string to Item 1877. Run it in Bionic Bootstrap recovery like the other zip.

This will make it safer for those trying the hack without RadioComm.

Attachments

• TBH_Bionic_GSM_Band_Config_Relock_v1.0.zip
    131.2 KB · Views: 503

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
My Bionic is now CAN'T read the verizon sim after THB-band update and refresh with *#*#4636#*#* (see last post on page 17 for what I did)

Please help, helppppppppppppppppppppp

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
My Bionic is now CAN'T read the verizon sim after THB-band update and refresh with *#*#4636#*#* (see last post on page 17 for what I did)

Please help, helppppppppppppppppppppp

This has happened to me too. What I did is dial *#*#4636#*#* change preferred network type to gsm/cdma auto then in settings - battery and data manager - data delivery toggle data enabled.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
With the same T card, When I put it to my unlocked Droid 3, and the system crash. It give me error: the process com.android.phone has stop unexpectedly please try again.

Get another working from from T on D2 and put on D3 and the sim from D3 put to D2, the result is: D3 is still crash and D2 is OK

Mike, when I follow your instruction, my Bionic still can't read the Verizon sim either. I even try to relash the ROM with SBF but problem still.

All of those problems is jut because I'm going to *#*#4636#*#* and click on REFRESH then UPDATE

Please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
All of those problems is jut because I'm going to *#*#4636#*#* and click on REFRESH then UPDATE

You're not paying enough attention to the *#*#4636#*#* menu. You're missing its most crucial function that lets it switch between modes that will read SIM cards correctly.

j8az2.png

Tap on the function there highlighted above. You'll get choices that will dictate what kind of frequencies the radio will search for.

dqKR9.png

Hope this helps.

ComradeZ

May 5, 2012
Aloha,

Good news. I got the hack to work on my Bionic.

Voice calls are ok. Edge shows up and is active, but slooow.

This is with Simple Mobile in Honolulu Hawaii.

Edit: Mine only seems to work with GSM/CDMA only setting. :confused:

Last edited:

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
You're not paying enough attention to the *#*#4636#*#* menu. You're missing its most crucial function that lets it switch between modes that will read SIM cards correctly.

j8az2.png

Tap on the function there highlighted above. You'll get choices that will dictate what kind of frequencies the radio will search for.

dqKR9.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks you, Projektorboy,
I'm now able to get my back to work on Verizon Sim by select CDMA AUTO(PRL)

Now, when I insert my Tmobile Sim, and select "WCDMA preferred", the display show Antena bar with Red Circle and the bar (no service). When I try to go Setting, Wireless Network and select Mobile network then system crash right away.

Please let me know what I did wrong or any setting I need to be fix?

If anyone know the correct setting for Tmobile, please let me know.

Thanks again,
KEY

Last edited:

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Now, when I insert my Tmobile Sim, and select "WCDMA preferred", the display show Antena bar with Red Circle and the bar (no service). When I try to go Setting, Wireless Network and select Mobile network then system crash right away.

The crashing you're getting is what everyone gets.

Also I'm having the exact problem you're having. T-Mobile SIM cards absolutely REFUSE to work in my Bionic but it will happily accept AT&T SIM cards.

I've tried 4 separate T-Mobile SIMs to no avail, but my AT&T SIM works immediately when I flip it over to WCDMA Preferred. I don't get it either.

Also, these results are from doing the testing on stock rooted 5.9.904.

Last edited:

ComradeZ

May 5, 2012
Aloha,

So how do we get 3G working on these small providers?

ICS for Bionic CM-9-05-01, the radio does not function at all. Stuck with ugly ass stock Bionic.

Top Liked Posts