Neoprene sleeve

Search This thread

woody1

May 2, 2010
Atlanta
I like to use a neoprene sleeve (or something similar) for traveling with a tablet. Has anybody found one that fits well? Most of the ones I've found are either too big or possibly a little too small. Seems like one designed for an e-reader might work.

Zarrick19

Mar 15, 2011
Košice
I bought for my G Pad a 8" Yarvik sleeve, but as almost every 8" tablet, the Yarvik sleeve is designed for those squarer 8" (our G Pad is more like a rectangle). So in for height the G Pad fits great, but in width there is a lot of empty place, so the tablet inside is moving to the sides. Still better than nothing though...

muffnman

Feb 22, 2007
New York
Google Pixel XL
Moto Z3 Play
wrong thread - please delete.

Attachments

• folio.jpg
    folio.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 892
Last edited:

mnemix

Jan 20, 2011
Samsung 7-8" Pouch Stand

It's not a sleeve pocuh, but I love its functionality and cost (in Spain 10-15€). It's available in 3 colors, I have grey and lime, for my Galaxy Tab 7.7 and for my G-Pad 8.3. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 fits perfectly, but the LG is a bit taller than pouch, about 5mm. It fits very good, but maybe the top of the tablet exceed over the pouch.

I recommend you the pouch because its functionality, the size is not a real problem for me.

"Samsung Stand Pouch 7-8" (I can't post links because I'm newbie).

cbb77

Here are a couple that I am looking at.

This one kind of looks good but concerned it may be too big / bulky.
http://www.amazon.com/Optimus-Protective-sleeve-messenger-Black/dp/B00GVHUP1K/ref=sr_1_111?ie=UTF8&qid=1386732131&sr=8-111&keywords=lg+g+pad+8.3

This one appears to be more of a pouch / case to accommodate accessories along with the tablet. Nice but pricey. Still tempted though
http://www.sfbags.com/products/tablet-cases/travelcase-tablet.php

This last one is actually designed for the Mac Wireless keyboard. I actually own one of these and the G Pad fits perfect width wise, but the sock is too tall / long by about 2 1/2 inches. It can be folded in if desired. It's nice material and soft. Still a little pricey in comparison to the first one.
http://www.sfbags.com/products/keyboard-cases/keyboard-socket.php

Tough deciding. May go with the last one if I can convince my daughter to shorten it and sew the end back up for me.

ragtime

Dec 8, 2013
I've got this one: <amazondedomain>/gp/product/B008H3MOY2/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Though maybe only available in germany and not made of neoprene but some fabric (which I like much more, btw). Fits rather tight in length and has 1-2cm space in width, i.e. seems to be meant for some 7" tablets.

Sorry for the missing amazon.de domain... my first post and i'm not allowed to specify external links...?

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
I got this one at 5 below in New Jersey. It is a perfect fit but I did have to remove the Velcro from the inside and make a strap to latch it shut.

uploadfromtaptalk1387055244135.jpguploadfromtaptalk1387055263856.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium HD app

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16117221584...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

i just ordered this one as i was looking for a leather sleeve, not a neoprene as they are too stretchy. i will let you know how it fits when it arrives but i believe it is custom fit for the g pad.
I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts about it when you receive it. I've been looking at it too but have yet to find any other seller selling it. I can't order from this one because they don't ship to Sweden. :(

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
I like that one. It doesn't seem to be available in the US, though.

Haha that is a first!
We have something you don't in the US!
It's a bit shocking how limited the accessories are for the gpad. With luck my new VOIA jelly case will be here from the US by the end of the month. That's only 6 weeks........
I'll have a look on the US Amazon site and see if I can spot it for you as I'm sure it's a rebadged generic case, even if it's very nicely made.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: woody1

woody1

May 2, 2010
Atlanta
Haha that is a first!
We have something you don't in the US!
It's a bit shocking how limited the accessories are for the gpad. With luck my new VOIA jelly case will be here from the US by the end of the month. That's only 6 weeks........
I'll have a look on the US Amazon site and see if I can spot it for you as I'm sure it's a rebadged generic case, even if it's very nicely made.

Thanks for being on the lookout for it. I have a neoprene case now, but it's too big. I'd like to get one that fits better, like this one.

techrider6262

Oct 10, 2010
Pennsville

Attachments

• IMG_20140112_171052.jpg
    IMG_20140112_171052.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts