Duplicate storage?

Search This thread

Ckamc

Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
So I am cleaning up my phone when I notice I have these two folders that are identical.

Main question is, which one is safe to delete without making my phone go crazy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-28-13-26-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-28-13-26-46.png
    201 KB · Views: 513

Ckamc

Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
What makes me scratch my head is that both folders are the exact same size with the same content so I just don't understand why my phone needs double since it shows my storage at 17GB and want to free up some more space

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
What makes me scratch my head is that both folders are the exact same size with the same content so I just don't understand why my phone needs double since it shows my storage at 17GB and want to free up some more space

Alright, think about it this way. Open your file explorer and check the size of either of the folders by looking at their properties. For instance, mine both show that they add up to 10GB. I've also got about 3-4GB of space being used for backups and my system partition, and even more for apps. So my guess? Probably using at least 20GB of my storage. Keep in mind that I have a 32GB phone. Now if I go to settings > storage, it shows that I have 12GB of free space, so it all adds up. If you do the math, I couldn't possibly be using 20GB total for both of those folders, so they have to just be different paths to the same location, and yours probably is, too.

My conclusion: if you delete one of those folders, nothing good can come of it. Look elsewhere and account for your system itself (I see you are using the stock firmware, which is quite large due to LG bloatware) and the apps you use. Check Settings > Storage and see what's using so much space.

Ckamc

Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Thanks for confirming everyone. I guess I need to browse my phone system with my PC to find where the real bloat is at. Yes the LG apps do take up a bit of space.

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks for confirming everyone. I guess I need to browse my phone system with my PC to find where the real bloat is at. Yes the LG apps do take up a bit of space.

You might consider finding an AOSP ROM that fits your needs if you're looking for a bit more space. They tend to be a lot smaller than stock roms. Also, try clearing your cache.

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
Cant live without Knock on or even the remote app since I stopped buying batteries for my remotes
Knock on and the remote app have been ported and work very well. Check out Mahdi ROM, it works great on my G2. You can find the ported remote app in the Themes and Apps forum. Good luck!

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: comk4ver

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cant live without Knock on or even the remote app since I stopped buying batteries for my remotes
    Knock on and the remote app have been ported and work very well. Check out Mahdi ROM, it works great on my G2. You can find the ported remote app in the Themes and Apps forum. Good luck!

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk