Dead pixels

Search This thread

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
I'm on my second Rezound now. First one I had was purchased release week, and I ended up cracking the screen (my fault), but it had a single dead pixel which is the point of this thread. My second and current Rezound just got its third dead pixel today.

Is this an inherent problem with the LCD panels used in the Rezound or am I just unlucky?

Thankfully, the pixels are so small its only visible when black images are populating my screen, but still gets annoying especially when playing rich colored games like death rally.

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Took me 3 Rezounds before I got one w/o dead pixels. I guess it's a common problem w/ LCD screens, and I think this is their first 720p LCD screen? Just keep replacing it till you get a good one, that's what I did. Verizon will replace the device for dead pixels.

Reactions: randpost

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm on my second Rezound.. and neither of them have any dead pixels.

In my personal experience, dead pixels usually result of too much pressure applied to the screen, like from sitting on the phone or getting smashed inside a bag or something.

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
I'm on my second Rezound.. and neither of them have any dead pixels.

In my personal experience, dead pixels usually result of too much pressure applied to the screen, like from sitting on the phone or getting smashed inside a bag or something.

One of my past computer monitors had a few dead pixels. it was an isolated incident, but no pressure was applied to the monitor, not by me anyway.

I'm pretty gentle with my phone, but I press hard when I play games. maybe that does it. oh well. i will get a new one tomorrow.

johnwaynegacy

May 25, 2010
look in the market for apps designed to fix dead/stuck pixels. Basically they rapidly flash colors. Run the app for like a half an hour, it might fix your problem. Also, don't look at the screen while it is running, especially if you are epileptic. I have one installed called dead pixel detect and fix. I never had a dead pixel though. I just wanted to check the app out.

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
One of my past computer monitors had a few dead pixels. it was an isolated incident, but no pressure was applied to the monitor, not by me anyway.

I'm pretty gentle with my phone, but I press hard when I play games. maybe that does it. oh well. i will get a new one tomorrow.

Generally you get dead pixels during the mfg process when dust or other small particals "crush" the pixel and renders it dead. It took me five rezounds to get one without a dead pixel.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Reactions: randpost

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
Generally you get dead pixels during the mfg process when dust or other small particals "crush" the pixel and renders it dead. It took me five rezounds to get one without a dead pixel.

I have another Rezound coming tomorrow. Only thing I don't like is that it is certified like new. I guess if the phone turns out to be a good replacement, then no big deal. I just hope It doesn't take 5 phones to get me squared away. Seems time consuming.

My first replacement of the Rezound was brand new since it was during the release week I guess.

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
I have another Rezound coming tomorrow. Only thing I don't like is that it is certified like new. I guess if the phone turns out to be a good replacement, then no big deal. I just hope It doesn't take 5 phones to get me squared away. Seems time consuming.

My first replacement of the Rezound was brand new since it was during the release week I guess.

I got a certified like new replacement and it has a perfect screen. Just those damn buttons are still pink. Had you showed me that certified like new unit next to a new one I wouldnt have been able to tell you the difference.

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
I got my replacement phone today. Looks like a brand new phone; perfect cosmetically.

I haven't unlocked it yet, but have been noticing heat problems. Tried multiple batteries, with no luck. temp monitor is saying 119 degrees and that's after sitting in my pocket idle. Have had two random reboots and that's with a stock phone, and no market apps installed. I would venture to guess that the reboots are heat related.

I just talked to VZ and looks like I'll be getting another phone shipped to me on Monday, arrival on Tues. Hopefully this phone will be the last one :x

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
I got my replacement phone today. Looks like a brand new phone; perfect cosmetically.

I haven't unlocked it yet, but have been noticing heat problems. Tried multiple batteries, with no luck. temp monitor is saying 119 degrees and that's after sitting in my pocket idle. Have had two random reboots and that's with a stock phone, and no market apps installed. I would venture to guess that the reboots are heat related.

I just talked to VZ and looks like I'll be getting another phone shipped to me on Monday, arrival on Tues. Hopefully this phone will be the last one :x

Good luck! I hope you get a device w/ no dead pixels, and one that doesn't over heat as well!

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
Received my Replacement today, a day early. Sending this one back too. The camera doesn't function on this one. I'm pretty annoyed at this point. Frustrated enough to be getting a Galaxy Nexus for my next replacement. The biggest reason I said yes to the Nexus when they offered is that it will be new and not a CLN replacement like these Rezounds I've been getting.

Now I have a new dilemma. I need to get rid of 2 external batteries with doors, 2 standard batteries, an external battery charger, and a few cases.

:(

EDIT: The replacement Rezound I received today has perfectly red buttons. No pink look at all. What a waste of super red buttons...

IMAG0518.jpg

Last edited:

johnwaynegacy

May 25, 2010

I have gone through this many many times. Not with the rezound, but with motorola phones.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Just an update, received my Nexus and got rid all my Rezound accessories.

Screenshot_2012-04-27-10-01-55.png

Screenshot_2012-04-27-10-02-01.png

I am jealous. I love the aosp ui. Black

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
I have gone through this many many times. Not with the rezound, but with motorola phones.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

I am jealous. I love the aosp ui. Black

I'm pretty sure I just got unlucky and the LNR replacements didn't help. Everything just left a bad taste in my mouth though, so I had to make a change. I do miss some things about the Rezound. The Rezound radios are far better. I was sitting at 127 dBm on the latest VZW OTA 4.0.2 in a spot where my Rezound was getting 85 dBm. Thats horrible. Even after flashing every combination of Gnex radios available, I'm still 6-10 dBm higher than the Rezound sitting in the exact same charging spot on my desk, and thats with stock GB radios, not leaks.

The best part of the switch has to be the deep black color of the screen and the customization possibilities currently available for the device.

Anyway, Verizon was easy to deal with for getting a new different device. They even let me keep the rezound earbuds which I already sold :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Took me 3 Rezounds before I got one w/o dead pixels. I guess it's a common problem w/ LCD screens, and I think this is their first 720p LCD screen? Just keep replacing it till you get a good one, that's what I did. Verizon will replace the device for dead pixels.