Blackberry 10 Lock Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tatltael

Oct 19, 2010
Virginia
Hey, I was wondering if anyone was interested in porting over the blackberry 10 lockscreen.
It looks great, and I think is the perfect lockscreen to use with the PGM Touch Control mod that's now available for the N4.

Here are the two original threads which contain info about the lockscreen and how to port it.
I don't really know how to do this stuff but if anyone else is interested it would be great for the rest of us :victory:

Blackberry 10 Lockscreen MOD - Android dev & hacking

Blackberry 10 lockscreen MOD - Galaxy Nexus thread

Last edited:

Jamal Ahmed

Jun 23, 2012
Have you tried flashing the Galaxy Nexus MOD? I personally find that most flashable zips of any nexus, whether it be GNex, Nexus 7 or 10, many times work on our nexus 4..
Don't blame on me though, just sharing..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

wardy01

Dec 21, 2010
Tried to flash through cwm and no joy at all . build prop wrong.....
Error 07 .

Necris86

Jan 20, 2013
cool

Yea this would be a really great lockscreen mod to have. If someone could port it, lots of us would be really grateful.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I'll give it a shot, but I need someone who is willing to test it and wont complain if it doesnt work...anyone?

I should have a link for you in the next hour or so.

It will be a bit hard since he only did it for 4.1 but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Its all ready (I dont have a phone to test it on though :) its charging from the dead )

I used his .patch file and compiled it for stock 4.2.1. PM me for the link

Last edited:
Reactions: kartik831

ErikWithNoC

Jan 9, 2011
Maine
I'll give it a shot, but I need someone who is willing to test it and wont complain if it doesnt work...anyone?

I should have a link for you in the next hour or so.

It will be a bit hard since he only did it for 4.1 but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Its all ready (I dont have a phone to test it on though :) its charging from the dead )

I used his .patch file and compiled it for stock 4.2.1. PM me for the link

I hope someone's willing to test this for you. If I was on stock I'd give it a shot, but alas, I am not :(

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

go ahead with what? if you want the link PM me.

I mean go ahead with trying to do a MOD that works with the N4

android88

Jan 21, 2012
For those of you trying to flash this on your N4, remove the assert script from the updater-script and it should flash fine.

tatltael

Oct 19, 2010
Virginia
I'm on PA 2.99 but I could flash stock and test it out.

Isn't there a way to get one zip working on all aosp roms and maybe one for CM. I think that's how most mods work but I don't really know the technicalities of it all so don't shoot me.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow I had no idea there'd be so much interest in this lock screen. Wish it didn't have to be ROM specific though :/

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Well this might not be what you wanted to hear, but I flashed it on my gnex, and it's okay, but its really not that good. It gets annoying because it looks unfinished and not as polished as it should be. I'm not critizizing the person that originally made it, but It is sort of slow and the edges look straight, not faded to blend in with the rest of the screen.

But, I'm still working on it. I really need a linux computer and I dont have one. (I explained why somewhere in this thread). If I can get my hands on one, I'll try again right away. Sorry to keep you guys waiting :(
    Hey guys...sorry for not telling you anything for a while. I've been swamped lately, but I pm'd the original author of this mod and he said that he's planning to make one for CM10.1 soon. Once he does that, then porting will be ten times easier for all of us. I think you guys should hold off for that.
    Still waiting on this :(

Stop complaining, I'm working on it. Please dont ask for ETA's. I already said I dont have access to a linux computer regularly so it might take a while.

To all: No more testers please! I already have enough, but thanks for the interest! :)

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

If you try from the gnex thread it never work for this phone. Even gnex will get a bootloop if trying to flash the mod in different rom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Yeah you're right. Thats why i'm using his patch (used when compiling the rom).
    Have you tried flashing the Galaxy Nexus MOD? I personally find that most flashable zips of any nexus, whether it be GNex, Nexus 7 or 10, many times work on our nexus 4..
    Don't blame on me though, just sharing..

Tried it, it refused to flash through TWRP
    Tried it, it refused to flash through TWRP

Any chance of that being TWRP related?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2