[KERNEL][GPL][Dev Talk] Render Kernel [06/03][r23] DT2W & S2W working with Deep Sleep

Search This thread

syrkles

Apr 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Going to reflash it again and try to disable the touchboost

Sent from my Moto G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Still no deep sleep with touch boost disabled, any other options??

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

It is going into deep sleep now u were right. Sorry it loaded trickstermod without updating the chart but when I went back into it said deep sleep 5 mins or something thank u so much for being quick with responses and thank u for your work

syrkles

Apr 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Here's a screenshot for you

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398445926276.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398445926276.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 337

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
/home/renderbroken/android
Going to reflash it again and try to disable the touchboost

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Still no deep sleep with touch boost disabled, any other options??

Do you have Trickster installed? If so Doublecheck that Touchboost is disabled under the Specific Tab then tap MP-Decision Control. In there you can disable Touchboost. Then back out and go the General Tab and make sure Min Freq is set to 192000. make sure you apply all the settings then let it sit for about 30 minutes. Then go back into Trickster and go to the Info Tab and let me know the rough results under Time In State. how long where you at 192MHz. Did it go into Deep Sleep? If it spends the whole time at 192MHz without deepsleep then I will ahve to say you have some sort of wakelock.

You can install:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

This detect the different wakelocks. Don't disable any yet before posting in the thread. Some of those are absolutely needed.

Render

syrkles

Apr 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
I disabled touch boost and all works well now it goes into deep sleep

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Thank you for all your hard work

Reactions: RenderBroken

syrkles

Apr 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
OK so when I disabled touch boost I got a few freezes and not turning back on when I turn the screen off can u help me with it I really like ur kernel and I just updated to today's build of aospa

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
OK so when I disabled touch boost I got a few freezes and not turning back on when I turn the screen off can u help me with it I really like ur kernel and I just updated to today's build of aospa

Weird. hmm. Maybe its the Max Screen Off feature. I have it disabled in a test build I am running right now and it seemed to have fixed a few very minor issues for me with the first build. i wish there was an on/off toggle for it but there is not. I guess for now try to bear it then I will build in the next hour. Thanks for your commitment!

syrkles

Apr 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Its not doing it now on latest

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Edit: it did freeze again but it turns screen on no problem now

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

I will also test other builds if u need before releasing them to public just pm me and let me know

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Just tested a few runs on despicable me minion rush and had one freeze out of three runs

tapan15in

Aug 11, 2011
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Okay guys I am using cm 11 latest nightly. Can anyone share the best settings for this kernel. I guess it will help other users and me lol :)
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
Its not doing it now on latest

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Edit: it did freeze again but it turns screen on no problem now

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

I will also test other builds if u need before releasing them to public just pm me and let me know

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Just tested a few runs on despicable me minion rush and had one freeze out of three runs

Would you mind getting a logcat? I think I found the issue and it looks like an easy fix. I just wanted to see if you are getting the same warnings. Thanks bro

Okay guys I am using cm 11 latest nightly. Can anyone share the best settings for this kernel. I guess it will help other users and me lol :)
Thanks in advance

I am currently working on that info and will provide it in OP#3. I should have the new build done today and it changes a couple things. Thanks!

Reactions: tapan15in

tapan15in

Aug 11, 2011
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Would you mind getting a logcat? I think I found the issue and it looks like an easy fix. I just wanted to see if you are getting the same warnings. Thanks bro

I am currently working on that info and will provide it in OP#3. I should have the new build done today and it changes a couple things. Thanks!

Oh that's great bro. Thanks
And you doing an awesome some job. I will pm you for your help in something I am doing.

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
Oh that's great bro. Thanks
And you doing an awesome some job. I will pm you for your help in something I am doing.

Thanks bro! Depending on the question, if it has educational value please ask in the thread. That way I can answer in the thread and others can see it. I am really hands on and want to encourage others to be active as well. If not then it will just be the same people continuing development. If I can get more people involved then maybe the Moto G community and development can explode. We may even get more roms or different kernels! With my kernel I am going to try and offer something else that the others do not. Intelliplug is great! Hands down the best battery life I have ever gotten but the Moto G already has great battery life and it charges really fast. Benchmarks aren't everything. You thrown on performance governor and all cores are online. I am aiming for a smoother user experience. I want a smooth daily driver.

If you have anything you want to add please feel free to let me know.

tapan15in

Aug 11, 2011
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Thanks bro! Depending on the question, if it has educational value please ask in the thread. That way I can answer in the thread and others can see it. I am really hands on and want to encourage others to be active as well. If not then it will just be the same people continuing development. If I can get more people involved then maybe the Moto G community and development can explode. We may even get more roms or different kernels! With my kernel I am going to try and offer something else that the others do not. Intelliplug is great! Hands down the best battery life I have ever gotten but the Moto G already has great battery life and it charges really fast. Benchmarks aren't everything. You thrown on performance governor and all cores are online. I am aiming for a smoother user experience. I want a smooth daily driver.

If you have anything you want to add please feel free to let me know.[/QUOTE
Yes sure no problem. I just didn't watend to post something off topic on this thread that's y told that will you. I am in process of asking a stock custom ROM for moto g. This would be my first ROM for moto g. I have build and contributed to different devices.

Now I wanted a help for a stock kernel. I am new to kernel development. In fact a noob. So was just wondering if you help yo develop a stock kernel.

Thanks

Reactions: RenderBroken

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013

If you have anything you want to add please feel free to let me know.

Yes sure no problem. I just didn't watend to post something off topic on this thread that's y told that will you. I am in process of asking a stock custom ROM for moto g. This would be my first ROM for moto g. I have build and contributed to different devices.

Now I wanted a help for a stock kernel. I am new to kernel development. In fact a noob. So was just wondering if you help yo develop a stock kernel.

Thanks

What do you mean develop a stock kernel?Like a stock kernel with minor changes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RenderBroken's Custom Kernel for CM11/AOSP Based Roms!​

Code:
    /*  *** Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

I am fairly new to Android Development but started out because I wanted to learn and to share what i have learned so far. My goal with this kernel is to be a very fast and stable build that offers some things that the other kernels do not. I want to initiate Development Discussions amongst the community. This will be a noob friendly thread as long as the new users follow 2 rules. First is to do some research before asking. Most likely your question has already been asked. If not in this thread then in another. Second is BE RESPECTFUL. You do these two things and even the most hardened Dev will assist you.

Current Features
    General List:

* Patched to 3.4.91
    * Built with Custom A7 Linaro 4.8.3 Toolchain thanks to pinkflozd
    * -O3 and Linaro 4.8.3 patches
    * Powersuspend v1.4 Thanks yank555 and Faux
    * Falcon_hotplug by Blechd0se!! Ultra Simple but even more effective!
    * CPU-Boost from CAF
    * Intelliactive and Intellidemand from Faux
    * Sound Control 3.2 thanks to Faux
    * sweep2wake (S2W) & doubletap2wake (D2W) thanks to Showp & Faux123
    * Working during Deep Sleep with Pocket Detection Thanks to Alin23
    * S2W & DT2W Modified for Powersuspend
    * FIOPS, ROW, BFQ-v7, SIO, DEADLINE, NOOP, CFQ Schedulers
    * GPU Overclocked to 533MHz Thanks for Pink!
    * Dynamic management of dirty page writebacks, expire and cache pressure
    * Dynamic Cache Pressure
    * Frandom
    * GCC Tweaks for Cortex A7
    * Color Calibration Thanks to Savoca
    * Ultra Kernel Samepage Memory Merging (UKSM) Tweaked for performance
    * Ram Underclock on lower freqs thanks to pinkflozd
    * USB Fast Charge (ON/OFF Toggle)
    * Multi-core Power Saving set to 2
    * New LZ4 Compressor/Decompressor: Just plain fast!
    * New Swap Space Scripts from Delta-roh! (See OP#2)
    * Numerous CAF Patches!
    * New C State enabled for CPU0 (retention/C-1)
    * Updated BFQ Scheduler: BFQ-v7r3
    * Added GPU Governors: msm-adreno-tz, Performance, Conservative, userspace, powersave, msm_cpufreq, simple_ondemand

I recommend Tricktermod for Kernel Tuning
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod

Instructions:

* Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a complete backup of entire rom
    * (Recommended) Flash Zip
    * Reboot

To Enable/Disable CPU-Boost or Retention (C-1) go here:
    LINK
    Now, after booting up again you may need to restart the phone one more time.

Beta Test Kernels:
    LINK

Download:
    Main Download Location
    Mediafire Mirror

Changelog:
    https://github.com/RenderBroken/render_kernel_motorola_msm8226/commits/kk-test

THANKS!!!!
    First I want to say thank you to everyone who has answered my questions and responded to my pm's when I know they are busy with their own lives. Pretty much everyone I have come into contact with here on XDA has been truly helpful and respectful. Here is a list of people that had helped me in one way or the other:

myfluxi, Showp1984, Savoca, Faux123, pinkflozd, SeannyM, Blechd0se

Thank you guys! Without your contributions to the community we would not have the level of performance, stability and interaction that we have today

Official Testers
    matmutant (Amazing bug finder extraordinaire)
    rr46000
    antarix

Thank you guys for your help with testing my kernels!

Donators!!!
    First let me say Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I dont do this for money and for you to give me YOUR hard earned cash, its just humbling. It is truly appreciated and will probably go on to be re-gifted to other Great Devs out there! If not it goes towards updating my build machine! This means I must be doing something right and for as long as this project is relevant and I am able, I will keep it going.

lmulli
    capeman316

GPL Information
    Linaro 4.8.3 Toolchain
    Build Script
    Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][GPL][Dev Talk] Render Kernel [06/03][r23] DT2W & S2W working with Deep Sleep , Kernel for the Moto G

Contributors
    RenderBroken, alin.p
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-04-19
    Last Updated 2014-06-18
    So I have been testing rebuilds and I believe I am coming to the conclusion that its the hotplug drivers that are causing the idle drainage. This is unfortunate but with all the testing I am doing this is the only conclusion I can draw. I am uploading REBUILD20 where the only main difference between that build and stock CM is the hotplug driver and some supporting commits needed to make the hotplug driver work. Must be something that the QCOM mpdecision does differently. I am not sure at this point, just thought I would share. Also I had purchased the LG G2 so I am pumped about that. I got it for a steak so I could not pass it up. I will continue to build for the Moto G as long as yall will have me. I am seriously thinking about doing builds using the stock driver just to see how well it works with my other changes. If yall can test REBUILD20 and let me know what yall think, that would be great.
    It's quiet ... To quiet, wonder what storms are brewing

No storms here lol. Just busy . . . Trying to get my kernel working correctly on my G2. My wife decided to keep my Moto G so that is some good news for yall (I hope yall think so at least) I have been researching a few of the battery issue for the Moto G by working through some instabilities I had noticed on the G2. So There is actually a lot more changes I plan on doing on the Base of this kernel. For one I believe I will be doing away with the sl(aou)b commits. Also quite a few other changes that are currently in my REBUILD kernels. I started to port my main features into the kk-rebuild branch and tested as I went. I did not have any really big problems but I want to have a SOLID base. We will see, I feel that the Moto G kernel will be better for these changes.

On top of all of this my second Job (IT Management & Consulting) has been a complete ball drag! lol I get paid roughly $125/hr to tell people how to upgrade their infrastructure or deal with network security, etc etc. I had a client that wanted to sync a Database (1.3TBs) from Austin Tx to Dallas Tx. I proposed a solution where instead of syncing the data we setup a virtual server with VM workstations. We also keep all the data centralized. They went with the sync job and 1.5 months later it still is failing and are frustrated about it. Of course they are upset with Us because we implemented their failed idea. lol. OH well . . . that's how it goes. Everyone wants a scapegoat. Longer story short, they are now going with my original proposal. lmao

So its just been crazy lately. I'm sorry guys! I have to say, I do love my G2! This is the first phone I actually run underclocked! So because it is my daily driver I will be putting more time into it for now till I get it where I want. My plan is to get the G2 kernel where it needs to be, then finish making my new changes to my Moto G Kernel. I want them both to be at a Baseline point that way I can really develop them both at the same time. If I can make the changes to one I should be able to make the same changes to the other and if not, at least stay pretty close. This way I am not having to do a bunch of work maintaining multiple kernels. I like to Dev at a pretty good pace so if I Dev this way I can build pretty often without having to work too much. I promise it will be worth the wait!

Kind Regards,
    Zachariah
    New build Uploading (r16)

* msm_hotplug: Further optimizations and lowered latencies.

* No more Overclock: I know others out there are not going to like this but benchmarks and real world testing shows NO BENEFIT other than more battery usage. I do believe that the driver DOES OC but there is some hardware lock that doesn't allow it to be applied. So because the Driver DOES OC the power usage is running like its being OCed when no actual OC is applied. So because I care for you all, I would rather not give you the rope to hang yourselves or at least your battery life :)

* Made Memory Bus freq more linear so the raise at a more steady rate.

* Added Intellidemand: this is now the default and has been tuned to offer a more performance BUT still give better battery life. Now the phone will actually use more freqs then just absolute MIN and absolute MAX. Now when browsing the freqs like to be around 787200.

* CPU-Boost: now disabled by default. If you want to use it you can now flash the Enabler script hosted on my Mediafire account!

* Multi-core Power Saving set to 2 by default now

* New LZ4 Compressor/Decompressor: Just plain fast! This is also why the kernel is larger in size.

As always, check it out and let me know!

~~Render
    New Release: r23

Uploading now. This will be labeled as a TEST BUILD! It has been rock solid for me but we are going forward using a new hotplug driver from @Blechd0se ! This new driver is a very simplified, no BS approach to hot(un)plugging. To put things into perspective. MPDEC from Showp takes up about 1225 lines of code where as falcon_hotplug takes up about 500. This means less calculations which should give a more fluid approach. Also this new driver is extremely scalable. What that means is it doesn't boost freqs of anything like that, it just hot(un)plugs cores depending on load. And each governor reacts to load differently. So now the onus is not just placed on the hotplug driver but on the governor itself now. So because of this I am able to achieve the same if not more, level of fluidity without having to have ALL cores online everytime I do something on my phone. right now 2 cores are always online. Also with the new driver there is ALOT less needless hot(un)plugging going on with core2 and core 3 which saves even more battery and doesn't cause the lag from hotplugging cores random like.

* Default Governor has been changes to interactive now and has already been fine tuned for a balance of performance and battery.

* New PM modes enabled. Should help battery even more.

* LoIUS API / Cache Optimizations.

* And more