[INDEX] TW 4.4 Download List (7-10-14)

Search This thread

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
TouchWiz 4.4 Download List

This is everything that can currently be flashed on the 4.4 update without bricking your device. Which is unfortunately not very much :(.

I will keep this up to date as much as possible. Post in this thread or PM me if you think something should be added to the list. This can include anything (roms, themes, mods, etc.) that will work for anyone with a locked bootloader using safestrap on 4.4.

Stock 4.4 VRUDNE1 rom

Unofficial Safestrap
Unofficial Safestrap Thread

Custom Roms
SUPERLITEROM

Theming and MODS

Always Nandroid before installing mods or themes, a lot of the xposed modules may cause problems.

Xposed Framework
Collection of Xposed Modules

Flash in Safestrap
Inverted themed apps - Gunthermic
Inverted themed apps - camblue

APK install
Viper4android Audio Mod

Last edited:

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
@BadUsername thanks for this thread, I'm currently working on my girlfriend's Galaxy S3 she got so this list is helpful. I have one question, since this isn't my primary device, or rather my device at all...is Towelroot advised to gain root?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
@BadUsername thanks for this thread, I'm currently working on my girlfriend's Galaxy S3 she got so this list is helpful. I have one question, since this isn't my primary device, or rather my device at all...is Towelroot advised to gain root?

Yes, towelroot is simple, safe and very fast to gain root. It is simple as just like you install an app from play store.

Robotic Giraffe

Jul 15, 2014
Hi, I have a question about my locked bootloader and baseband and what not that I can't find any answers to.

If my Verizon GS3 (SCH I535) is running a 4.3 TW rom on baseband I535VRUCML1, can I Odin back to stock, take the OTA, and then flash superliterom? (which is NE1)
Cause I know this locked bootloader is finicky about basebands. Will my baseband stay on ML1 or is there any way to change to NE1? Or any way at all for me to get 4.4 with as little touchwiz bloat as possible?

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Hi, I have a question about my locked bootloader and baseband and what not that I can't find any answers to.

If my Verizon GS3 (SCH I535) is running a 4.3 TW rom on baseband I535VRUCML1, can I Odin back to stock, take the OTA, and then flash superliterom? (which is NE1)
Cause I know this locked bootloader is finicky about basebands. Will my baseband stay on ML1 or is there any way to change to NE1? Or any way at all for me to get 4.4 with as little touchwiz bloat as possible?
That's your only option to get kitkat, and yes that is the correct procedure.

Not sure why you'd want to do that though, you're making your phone more limited by taking the update, and you aren't gaining much in terms of functionality.

Robotic Giraffe

Jul 15, 2014
That's your only option to get kitkat, and yes that is the correct procedure.

Not sure why you'd want to do that though, you're making your phone more limited by taking the update, and you aren't gaining much in terms of functionality.

Well you take what you can get with this locked bootloader, and there are some apps that only work with 4.4 (google camera, for example), plus bug fixes and some new features /improvements. How's it becoming more limited? (genuinely interested if you have a drawback to flashing 4.4)
Oh and can I change basebands without bricking? You were a little ambiguous.
Thanks for the advice and this thread though :good:

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Well you take what you can get with this locked bootloader, and there are some apps that only work with 4.4 (google camera, for example), plus bug fixes and some new features /improvements. How's it becoming more limited? (genuinely interested if you have a drawback to flashing 4.4)
You have a couple good points, but simply compare this thread to this thread, you'll see the difference.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50115986

Again if it's not a huge deal to you, then taking the update is fine. Some users report worse battery life on 4.4, but I have no way of verifying users experience. Just remember, once you take 4.4 your rom choice immediately diminishes.

For some reason I can't post links correctly, but check that thread and look at the 4.3 download list.

Last edited:

gherman222

Sep 28, 2011
Android Wear
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
keyboard

I updated and rooted to 4.4.2 KK, and really like it (except for some battery drain) and the stock keyboard. I had an old Samsung keyboard zip file (Note 2 or Note 3?) and I flashed one of those to get the numeric row on top, and now my Samsung keyboard keeps force closing. I downloaded and installed the Google Keyboard, but wondered how I can get back to my stock keyboard, or even better, how to get the keyboard I was trying to install. TIA!

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
I updated and rooted to 4.4.2 KK, and really like it (except for some battery drain) and the stock keyboard. I had an old Samsung keyboard zip file (Note 2 or Note 3?) and I flashed one of those to get the numeric row on top, and now my Samsung keyboard keeps force closing. I downloaded and installed the Google Keyboard, but wondered how I can get back to my stock keyboard, or even better, how to get the keyboard I was trying to install. TIA!

I would forget the stock keyboard and install Swiftkey. its free and it does more and better. multiple configurations, numeric keys, arrow keys, swipe if you want, ... way better.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I would forget the stock keyboard and install Swiftkey. its free and it does more and better. multiple configurations, numeric keys, arrow keys, swipe if you want, ... way better.

Couldn't agree more about SwiftKey. I've been a user for a few years and I still love it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gherman222

tkrushing

Nov 11, 2010
Whst are the major differences? They look very similar to me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

EvilRubberDuck

Oct 8, 2014
Google Pixel 5
I'm a new member to this forum but I've been a causal reader for a while now.
Anyway...

Thank you for starting this thread. Thought I'd give it a bump to see if there is anything new with regards to roms or customization.

Reactions: ShapesBlue

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Whst are the major differences? They look very similar to me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Its hard to name things, your best bet is to read and gather knowledge on what your looking for. For someone who constantly points people to this thread and others reading is essential to learning what you need to know

From my Wicked S3 on SOKP

Reactions: landshark68

SupraLance

Nov 12, 2010
Stone County, Missouri
Whst are the major differences?
The following information is what I have gathered by comparing the ROM's available:
The 3 ROM's choices for locked bootloader NE1 are:
Stock = all Verizon/Samsung Bloat included
PaulPizz = mostly debloated with added torch, tether, ringtones, 5x6 Launcher, AOSP style icons
Superlite = completely debloated, with tether

Specifically, PaulPizz includes the following things which are not in Superlite:
S-Voice, allsharecast, mobile print, swype, secExchange, VPN, talkback, secEmail, samsung hub, photo table, localFOTA, gmail, gmsMaps, easysettings, kies, musicfx, myVerizon, galaxy4, SPG, voice recorder, torch, kies, musicFX, sCloud, and a few other things...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TouchWiz 4.4 Download List

This is everything that can currently be flashed on the 4.4 update without bricking your device. Which is unfortunately not very much :(.

I will keep this up to date as much as possible. Post in this thread or PM me if you think something should be added to the list. This can include anything (roms, themes, mods, etc.) that will work for anyone with a locked bootloader using safestrap on 4.4.

Stock 4.4 VRUDNE1 rom

Unofficial Safestrap
    Unofficial Safestrap Thread

Custom Roms
    SUPERLITEROM

Theming and MODS

Always Nandroid before installing mods or themes, a lot of the xposed modules may cause problems.

Xposed Framework
    Collection of Xposed Modules

Flash in Safestrap
    Inverted themed apps - Gunthermic
    Inverted themed apps - camblue

APK install
    Viper4android Audio Mod

Yes, towelroot is simple, safe and very fast to gain root. It is simple as just like you install an app from play store.
    You have a couple good points, but simply compare this thread to this thread, you'll see the difference.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50115986

Again if it's not a huge deal to you, then taking the update is fine. Some users report worse battery life on 4.4, but I have no way of verifying users experience. Just remember, once you take 4.4 your rom choice immediately diminishes.

For some reason I can't post links correctly, but check that thread and look at the 4.3 download list.

Whst are the major differences?
    The following information is what I have gathered by comparing the ROM's available:
    The 3 ROM's choices for locked bootloader NE1 are:
    Stock = all Verizon/Samsung Bloat included
    PaulPizz = mostly debloated with added torch, tether, ringtones, 5x6 Launcher, AOSP style icons
    Superlite = completely debloated, with tether

Specifically, PaulPizz includes the following things which are not in Superlite:
    S-Voice, allsharecast, mobile print, swype, secExchange, VPN, talkback, secEmail, samsung hub, photo table, localFOTA, gmail, gmsMaps, easysettings, kies, musicfx, myVerizon, galaxy4, SPG, voice recorder, torch, kies, musicFX, sCloud, and a few other things...