[Q] Sony Xperia Z is stuck in 2G-EDGE

Search This thread

luihime

Jul 22, 2014
Hello everyone! I'd like to know if any of you know why my Sony Xperia Z C6603 does not detect or does not want to connect to 4G LTE or networks above 2G-EDGE technology. It detects my home network as 2G but the rest it detects them as 4G or 3G, but because of my SIM card I can't switch to any of them of course :/ I've already flashed my phone with no positive outcome... The problem still persists. What can I possibly do?

Thank you all so much in advance for your help! Let me know if anything from my phone (like IMEI or other stuff) is needed to help fix this issue ^^

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
Hello everyone! I'd like to know if any of you know why my Sony Xperia Z C6603 does not detect or does not want to connect to 4G LTE or networks above 2G-EDGE technology. It detects my home network as 2G but the rest it detects them as 4G or 3G, but because of my SIM card I can't switch to any of them of course :/ I've already flashed my phone with no positive outcome... The problem still persists. What can I possibly do?

Thank you all so much in advance for your help! Let me know if anything from my phone (like IMEI or other stuff) is needed to help fix this issue ^^

Have you tried different operator sim?

luihime

Jul 22, 2014
Have you tried different operator sim?

Well I did try another SIM, but from my same carrier. I tested that Sunday when I took my phone to my carrier's offices to check if the problem was theirs. They put my SIM card in another phone and it worked on the other phone, while they put a test SIM card on my phone and it didn't work :/

luihime

Jul 22, 2014
I'll be attempting a bootloader unlock and a complete flash using Sony's EMMA with my phone and see if that solves the issue... I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get, I really don't know what else I can do.

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
I'll be attempting a bootloader unlock and a complete flash using Sony's EMMA with my phone and see if that solves the issue... I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get, I really don't know what else I can do.

Bootloader unlock is not necessary to flash stock firmware.
Just download firmware ftf file and flash it using flashtool

zviki

Dec 30, 2008
Maribor
And you have correct network mode enabled in mobile networks settings? Do you have a correct version of phone for your operater network?

Last edited:

luihime

Jul 22, 2014
Network mode is LTE yes, and even so, my phone should be able to connect to at least HSPA but it doesn't go through that even :/

Ok... Just flashed with EMMA. Nothing, it's still the same. I did try another SIM card that didn't have LTE capability from another carrier and it did connect through HSPA+ and 3G, but with my SIM card it detects my home network as 2G, it should be letting me connect through HSPA like with my last Sony Ericsson phone, but nothing :/