[MOD][8/27/12] ICS SysUI+FW Mod (UPD: Part A+B (587) available!)

Search This thread

jomelon981

Jan 12, 2012
someone help me i tried flashing the part B AOSP lockscreen but i ended up stucked at boot. Please help me thanks My rom is KA20.1 and my kernel is night elf lite version thanks

radoy1995

Jun 5, 2012
a problem?!

I wanted to do this improvements on my stock ics 4.0.4 SE xperia ray (4.1.B.0.413) .. but i don't know how.. My phone is rooted and with unlocked bootloader. With what to do this? How? With computer or with ES File Explorer on the phone. I used the ES last time ( i moved the files from "A" to the root folder and the phone shuts up .. :( and now can't start up o.o ... ) I want someone to show me with screen shots or video :/

P.S. In conclusion, my question is what to flash and with what?

Last edited:

barjeshjain

Feb 8, 2012
No On screen menu

I want stock lockscreen with reboot menu. but i don't like on screen menu. I want stock lockscreen with reboot menu without on screen menu (Part B). Can you please provide part b for the same.

Thanks for the gr8 Mode..!!

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
someone help me i tried flashing the part B AOSP lockscreen but i ended up stucked at boot. Please help me thanks My rom is KA20.1 and my kernel is night elf lite version thanks

Ask KA for fix please. This mod is for stock ROM.

I wanted to do this improvements on my stock ics 4.0.4 SE xperia ray (4.1.B.0.413) .. but i don't know how.. My phone is rooted and with unlocked bootloader. With what to do this? How? With computer or with ES File Explorer on the phone. I used the ES last time ( i moved the files from "A" to the root folder and the phone shuts up .. :( and now can't start up o.o ... ) I want someone to show me with screen shots or video :/

P.S. In conclusion, my question is what to flash and with what?

Install CWM first and then download all 3 parts. Flash them from part A to part C.

I want stock lockscreen with reboot menu. but i don't like on screen menu. I want stock lockscreen with reboot menu without on screen menu (Part B). Can you please provide part b for the same.

Thanks for the gr8 Mode..!!

I'll consider it.

UPDATE: New feature added: Lockscreen able to display Battery Level all the time. :)

barjeshjain

Feb 8, 2012
If any application is running at back and i lock screen, lock screen start rotating if i rotate phone. I don't like that. Please consider this also. Thanks..!!

I tried new battery level on lock screen. I love it.. Thanks for such a nice mod..!!

Last edited:

kpham

Feb 18, 2011
HCM
Hi hansip87, I've tried PartA basic, PartB wave lock screen, and PartC No rotate home before. And now I've just flashed your updated one - PartA with Battery Lock screen over, but nothing new happened ^_^
Can you help explain to me :) Many thanks!

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
I installed the ROM Manager from the market now what to do? 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery don't work on my android :/ nor the 'Install ROM from SD Card'. :(

Please read my sticked Tutorial to know how.

If any application is running at back and i lock screen, lock screen start rotating if i rotate phone. I don't like that. Please consider this also. Thanks..!!

I tried new battery level on lock screen. I love it.. Thanks for such a nice mod..!!

Okay, expect new part B uploaded later tonight.

Hi hansip87, I've tried PartA basic, PartB wave lock screen, and PartC No rotate home before. And now I've just flashed your updated one - PartA with Battery Lock screen over, but nothing new happened ^_^
Can you help explain to me :) Many thanks!

person above you is okay, try to reflash or copy the android.policy.jar & its odex manually thru Root Explorer.

BBangSik

Apr 4, 2012
Daegu
Thanks!! But I need deodexed one. Please upload deodexed mod for Official 4.0.4 :(

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

danist727

Mar 3, 2012
Hong Kong
Please help.

Can anyone tell me how to mod the framework-res.apk to enable the on screen menu (overflow) button and also how to make the persistent battery level in lockscreen in ics? I want to make a mod for my device.

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium

Last edited:

Kratellismorru

Mar 23, 2012
El Castillo Del Diablo
Weird?

Ok, so I have flashed official ICS 4.0.4 Nordic then installed Xray Kernel then flashed the rooted Official ICS 4.0.4 from jj, upon finishing, I deodexed my rom and applied deodexed_notification_led patch to fix the led patch, then after that, I installed part A, and my phone goes into bootloop..

I repeat the said steps again and this time, installed part B first, my phone worked fine with the part B patch, then I installed part C, and my phone worked fine also,
when I installed part A, bootloop again, so I repeat again and stop at part C,

my question is why does my phone go into bootloop everytime I install part A?
and also, for now, I have installed part B then C, but I was wondering why the task switcher function on the status bar opens the old task switcher, any method to get it to show the ICS task switcher? because when I hold my home button, the ICS switcher appears.

Thanks for this great mod though...:good:

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Can anyone tell me how to mod the framework-res.apk to enable the on screen menu (overflow) button and also how to make the persistent battery level in lockscreen in ics? I want to make a mod for my device.

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium

PM me if you want.

Ok, so I have flashed official ICS 4.0.4 Nordic then installed Xray Kernel then flashed the rooted Official ICS 4.0.4 from jj, upon finishing, I deodexed my rom and applied deodexed_notification_led patch to fix the led patch, then after that, I installed part A, and my phone goes into bootloop..

I repeat the said steps again and this time, installed part B first, my phone worked fine with the part B patch, then I installed part C, and my phone worked fine also,
when I installed part A, bootloop again, so I repeat again and stop at part C,

my question is why does my phone go into bootloop everytime I install part A?
and also, for now, I have installed part B then C, but I was wondering why the task switcher function on the status bar opens the old task switcher, any method to get it to show the ICS task switcher? because when I hold my home button, the ICS switcher appears.

Thanks for this great mod though...:good:

No bootloop you should go through. If you want to install Arcatarc mod this is the order to flash:
1. The Restore package from Arcatarc one
2. The Notification Led fix
3. then install my mod again. The only exception is that if you install part A, part B is a must install too, otherwise bootloop.

Btw, minor mod is uploaded, please check back the first page.

Reactions: Kratellismorru

antonio.talamo

Aug 1, 2011
hello handsip,
may you made partA for 4.0.4 with no hardware acceleration as for 4.0.3? I know that now UI is fast by itselfe, but for example I don't like how the browser work with HW on! so is ever possible to enable or disable the mod editing build.prop file, so, why remove a choose? thanks very mach

I made by myself :) You can ignore this request. If the edited file should be usefull to someone, you can sent me a PM, becouse I don't know how to attach the file at the discussion
bye

Last edited:

x_one

Feb 21, 2011
Wroclaw
hansip87, can you show how to edit .odex files?

I want add Reboot into Recovery option to power menu..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Lads and Gents.

Miss my 10in1 mod on Gingerbread? :cool: Now the wait is over ;)

The 10 mod you will find here:
    1. Status Bar Widget (Arrangeable 15 Button Power Widget incl 2G/3G Toggle)
    2. Smooth Loading Spinner
    3. 30 Volume steps
    4. Reboot Menu
    5. Black Keyboard to match ICS theme
    6. Visual Feedback for Status Bar Widget buttons
    7. Circle Lockscreen of ICS AOSP
    8. 1% Battery Icon Mod, based on SEMC Icon
    9. Recent App selector can be activated from Status Bar
    10. ICS Sony Launcher Mirror Effect and Auto-Rotate
    12. Battery Level is displayed all the time in LockScreen.

Credit goes to:
    1. sj8023ld for Status Bar Widget
    2. rablex for Ultra Theme (modified a bit to suit ICS :) )
    3. iridaki for Black Keyboard theme (only taking the resources, base still from ICS)
    4. D.O.C for Smooth Spinner Tutorial
    5. AndroidOn for 30 Step Volume Tutorial
    6. untermensch for Reboot Menu Tutorial
    7. kes4817 and jjdoctor for Wave Lock Screen help and example
    8. evilisto for Recent Task Button on Status Bar Tutorial
    9. evilisto For Windows 7 style Task Switcher Tutorial
    10. tkymgr for the No Hardware Acceleration Tips!
    10. AeonWorld for his XS Lockscreen mod!

Changelog
    1. 3/7/2012: Working 2G/3G Toggle
    2. 3/8/2012: Flashlight Toggle adjusted to prevent non stock Camera app unable to get Camera instance. Still not perfect though.
    3. 3/8/2012: GPS lost icon is restored
    4. 3/8/2012: Added Black Keyboard for ICS
    5. 3/8/2012: Added Smooth Spinner Framework for ICS
    6. 3/9/2012: Added Reboot + 30 Step Volume Framework
    7. 3/11/2012: Added Visual Feedback for Status Bar Widget button, to help you know which button you pressed last :)
    8. 3/12/2012: Flashlight Power Widget got updated so it won't lock other Camera app :cool:
    9. 3/15/2012: Added AOSP Wave LockScreen from ICS (+Rotation enabled)
    10. 3/19/2012: Added 1% Battery Mod with SEMC base icon
    11. 3/20/2012: Lockscreen Rotation now depends on Device setting. (Only in effect if you use Wave Lock Screen package below)
    12. 3/21/2012: Added Recent Task button on Status Bar, SystemUI Mod merged down.
    13. 4/2/2012: Added Windows 7 Task switcher on Status Bar
    14. 4/11/2012: SystemUI and SemcPhone from 562 fw is modded to accomodate StatusBar Widget on the base of new firmware.
    15. 4/11/2012: Framework Mod is added for fw 562.
    16. 4/15/2012: Apps for 562 Nordic version is updated. Framework Mod is still ongoing.
    17. 4/15/2012: Part B is done, can be used without Part A.
    18. 4/15/2012: Part A is done
    19. 5/16/2012: Part A with Toggle-able Hardware Acceleration Added
    20. 5/18/2012: Fully Ported to ROM 4.0.4 unOfficial
    21. 6/3/2012: Fully Ported to ROM 4.0.4 Official
    22. 6/24/2012: Added Battery Level On Lock Screen
    23. 7/4/2012: StatusBar Widget Icon updated + Reboot menu fix
    24. 7/29/2012: Xperia S Lockscreen added, but please say thanks to AeonWorld to make it come true
    25. 8/25/2012: Part C applied to 587 apks.
    26. 8/27/2012: Part A+B (587) is available, thanks to AeonWorld for his awesome mod. :) This isn't my mod, but some of it are collaborated into his to make it have more feature (XS LockScreen app).

ICS 4.0.4 (431) Official Download:
    1. Part A (Framework jar files)
    • Basic with 30 steps of volume - Here
    • With battery Level on Lock Screen - Here
    • Basic with 15 steps of volume (thanks t3chg33k! - Here
    • If you want XS Lockscreen mod, download this Note: This is not my mod (even though the base file is taken from mine, but the whole XS Locksreen mod is not mine, So Please say thanks to aeonWorld. I just modified the package to reduce your hassle :) O yeah, if you install this, part A and part B is not neccessary, they all are included in this package
    2. Part B (Framework Resource with custom Lockscreen and Reboot Icon + On Screen Menu)
    • With SEMC Sliding Tab - Here
    • With SEMC Sliding Tab without OnScreenMenu - Here
    • with AOSP Lockscreen - Here
    • with AOSP Lockscreen without OnScreenMenu - Here
    3. Part C (APKs mod: Xperia S Style Home + SBW + Black Keyboard)

Latest Files
    ICS 4.0.4 (587) Official Download:
    1. Part A + Part B
    • Go to AeonWorld's thread and do as what he said. I have managed to integrate some of my mod into his.
      Warning: This mod will DEODEX your ROM so just to keep you informed. I can't manage to keep it odexed because the system partition is very tight, so it makes it harder to do odexing with correct license.
    3. Part C (APKs mod: Status Bar Widget) -

G'day!

NOTE:Other Legacy files, go to here or take one from attachment below.
    Darn it.. :( guess I will need more thanks to give me spirit remaking this mod.. :p

sent from my white ray using XDA App :)
    Hi hansip87,

I changed battery icon on system UI. It look nicer I think.

You can add this on your post if you want.

EDIT: I add my system uı to your Part C (APKs mod: Xperia S Style Home + SBW + Black Keyboard) pack

IMPORTANT: You must install Part A and Part B before install my CWM pack!

And made another pack with xperia S keyboard and non-Auto rotation Xperia S Home

screenshot_2012-04-06_1135+(1).png
    Uploading a new one ;) Turns out it's simple, signature inside META-INF is already a Sony Ericsson one, whereas the leaked one is still a generic Android signature.

I'll upload the following in one package:
    1. SystemUI.apk -> for StatusBar Widget
    2. Phone.apk -> for Phone 2G/3G toggling
    3. textinput-tng.apk -> Black Keyboard integrated
    4. Home.apk -> Xperia S theme & mirror style and Auto rotatable

In case you don't like one of them, i'll provide the restore package. Simply replace the one you don't want. :)

UPDATE: Uploaded Now ;) Okay now i'll finish the Framework Mod :eek:
    First Post updated with 587 part C. Part A and B is pending, and i hope someone could do it faster than me :)