Search This thread

FatalIll

Jul 28, 2011
I'm in need of some assistance.
I downloaded the CWM, GAPPS, & 2/17 Nightly from the OP
I downloaded Moboot 3.0.8 from JCSullins
I put all that in a /cminstall on the Touchpad

I ran ACMEUninstaller2 and cleared out all old data from 10.2
I ran ACMEInstaller5M to install CM11 etc etc.

When I boot, it sits black, and then returns to Moboot. Any ideas?

Solsun

Oct 9, 2010
OnePlus One
OnePlus 7T
Wasn't able to get the Netflix app to work from the play store until I downloaded a previous version 2.1.2. Not sure what the current version in the play store is now. Skipped jellybean and went straight to kitkat and not looking back. ?

Sent from my TouchPad using xda app-developers app

schultp

Jan 20, 2013
ACMEInstall with CM 10.2 and then upgrade to 11CM in Cmw. ACMEInstaller doesn't like the data media build

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

I had the same issue after doing exactly what the OP has described. What worked for me was the recommendation to install 10.2using Acmeinstaller5M then install flintman's TWRP=Datamedia version and use that to load CM 11.0.

Paul.

nooknut

Nov 29, 2011
san francisco
clean install?

Hi guys. I've been lurking xda for years, mod'ing my nook, and now my TP. I have a question...I had 10.2installed at some point, then went through tailor and this latest data/media transition. I'm not sure my system is "clean", meaning, old file system structure gone and clean data/media structure.

Here's one of my questions: under root explorer, it shows three folders in "storage"; emulated, usbstick, and sdcard0.

Does that sound right?

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys. I've been lurking xda for years, mod'ing my nook, and now my TP. I have a question...I had 10.2installed at some point, then went through tailor and this latest data/media transition. I'm not sure my system is "clean", meaning, old file system structure gone and clean data/media structure.

Here's one of my questions: under root explorer, it shows three folders in "storage"; emulated, usbstick, and sdcard0.

Does that sound right?

Yes that is write for Milaq's CM11

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app

mpgrimm2

Nov 5, 2011
Greenville, SC
anyone could help me with ? i cant seems to detect my touchpad sd card, it shown only internal 1.5gb.
You sir are on a data/media build and will need to brush up on the differences between it and the regular partition layout as well as the difference between the internal sdcard and the external_sd you are looking for.
Have a look at the following thread..

ROM-GUIDE-How-to-install-Android-4.4-Data-Media-builds-on-the-HP-TouchPad

Read at least the first 10 posts (read the TWRP data/media explanation) and pickup again around post 33 for the answers. I would lay it out for you but there is a lot you are missing if you are asking that question.
If you still have questions someone will certainly help you out. Either way u need to adjust your data partition as mentioned in the op.
PS: pay attention to my testing of the different OS/recovery combinations to figure out how to see both sdcard locations.

Sent from my "Up All Night Sleep All Day" Nexus 5!

Last edited:

mpgrimm2

Nov 5, 2011
Greenville, SC
That writeup you did on all different recovery/rom installs was perfect, it should be in a locked thread on xda frontpage, thank you, thank you, thank you
Thanks for the positive feedback. RolandDeschain79 and I are planning to replicate the thread over here but have been working out some of the missing details (as you saw) as well as a revised step by step for newer users to more easily transition to data/media builds without all the snags that they are running into.
I would encourage anyone with questions about the differences to have a look until we get the chance to bring it over (hopefully soon).

Reactions: xyomguix and milaq

schultp

Jan 20, 2013
You sir are on a data/media build and will need to brush up on the differences between it and the regular partition layout as well as the difference between the internal sdcard and the external_sd you are looking for.
Have a look at the following thread..

ROM-GUIDE-How-to-install-Android-4.4-Data-Media-builds-on-the-HP-TouchPad

Read at least the first 10 posts (read the TWRP data/media explanation) and pickup again around post 33 for the answers. I would lay it out for you but there is a lot you are missing if you are asking that question.
If you still have questions someone will certainly help you out. Either way u need to adjust your data partition as mentioned in the op.
PS: pay attention to my testing of the different OS/recovery combinations to figure out how to see both sdcard locations.

I want to officially applaud you for your approach to helping someone regarding a topic well covered here already. This was so much better than the standard "go back and read the entire thread' approach seen so often.

+1 +1 +1 +1

Paul.

Reactions: mpgrimm2

schultp

Jan 20, 2013
What kind of battery life/performance are you guys getting on this build?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

I'm getting -8 to -10 mA drain on standby/sleep mode. However, it jumps to -150 to -200 after I have run some apps and remains there even if I kill apps. Once I reboot it goes right back down to the low drain rate. I haven't investigated what is running that causes the higher drain rate. This very likely is specific to something I am running. Since I only use the TP at home I am not as concerned since I place it on the Touchstone when not in use so I really never drain down to a critical level anyway.

Paul.

woodytrain

Dec 28, 2011
Recent commits to this ROM:
cm11-3.0_kernel-milaq

milaq/android_kernel_hp_tenderloin

Feb 20, 2014
• Merge pull request #2 from vbelo/patch-1

Feb 14, 2014
• Reserving memory for camera even if ION used

milaq/android_device_hp_tenderloin

Feb 16, 2014
• recovery: adb should run as root either way
• clean up ueventd

Feb 13, 2014
• don't run adbd as root by default

I hoped the recent patches to the kernel would have resolved camera issue, but so far no luck for me, with current nightly. More info in camera thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611497

P.S. Yes my sleep battery drain jumped up to -200mA to -250mA since 02/15/14 (when running 02-10-14 build). I suspect some recently installed app. However Settings > Battery shows "Android OS" is responsible for 76% of battery discharge, which the device was sleeping for the entire time, until the device ran out of battery charge.

Between Battery Doctor, Greenify, Wakelock Detector and Battery Monitor, hope to get this sorted.

_litz

Oct 29, 2011
Alpharetta, GA
One thing to check ...

Make sure WiFi is set to "Always on only when plugged in".

WiFi sleep works now ...

Also, if you're not using a BT device, you can try turning off BT unless you need to connect to something ...

(although BT shouldn't add much load, power-wise ... certainly not 200+ma)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kitkat.jpg

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

The build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.

Attention: PARTITIONING REQUIRED.
    KitKat takes up more space than 400mb. Resizing your system partition to 500mb is required. Also, this build is a datamedia build - this means that we utilise an emulated sdcard on the data partition and both share the same partition thus space. Yet, the sdcard partition is also mounted and can be used for file usage (deprecated). Resizing the sdcard partition (/dev/media) to a rather small size and allocating the remaining size to /data is recommended.

What is datamedia? Click here.

Advised partition layout
    Easiest way to get the correct partition sizes is by using jcsullins tptoolbox

Alternatively one could use "Tailor" in webOS (install with preware et al) and use the following layout:
    system - 600mb
    cache - 200mb
    media - 400mb
    data - [remaining space] (i.e. ~11.5gb for 16gb TouchPads)

Download Recovery (CWM-6.0.4.9-jcs)
    CWM with datamedia support required to properly support emulated sdcard storage in 4.4

Download builds

Download Google Apps (2014-01-05)

Changes
    Upstream changes

Devicetree commits

Kernel commits

Wifi driver commits

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.
    Thanks/Credits
    • James Sullins (jcsullins) - for his awesome work on the TouchPad
    • Tomasz Rostanski (Dorregaray) - for his work on many parts on Android for the TouchPad (esp. camera)
    • William Bellavance (flintman) - for getting around mr2 quirks of audio and wifi, further development and fixes
    • Dan Pasanen (invisiblek) - for continuing to port awesome stuff to the TouchPad and many great commits
    • David R. Marble (drmarble) - for supporting the CM10.1/CM10.2 port, many great ideas and sdcard partition mounting with the new fstab
    • Arne Coucheron (arco) - for his work on the legacy QC userspace drivers
    • Erik Hardesty (Erik Hardesty) - for the initial kernel work
    • eyeballer, verygreen and all other TP Devs - for their innovative and collaborative work
    • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) - for starting this great project
    • Google - for an awesome OS

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

IRC channel
    Visit us in #cyanogenmod-touchpad (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode

Here's a preview build with the new 3.4 kernel using cm -caf HALs:
    http://invisiblek.org/tenderloin/roms/cm11.0/cm-11-20131224-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip

Hold on tight, this thing is buttery.
    (BT and Camera are busted still, probably a few other minor things too)

This was a collaborative effort by several people including Flemmard, flintman and jcsullins. I don't deserve much credit here other than building it. This is a huge step toward getting official cm builds again.
    We are actually using the latest code from codeaurora for this which is simply amazing on this old device. :p

Please don't clog up this thread with any bug reports for this build or anything, that's not my intention of posting this. Things are broken, that's known, and actively being worked on.

Enjoy!

EDIT: you should be able to flash this over milaq's build without an issue.

EDIT2: It seems to be plagued with watchdog reboots related to the audio which was recently fixed. Beware!

EDIT3: Trouble installing? http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48793992&postcount=326
    kernel migration

thanks for the 3.0 feedback.
    besides minor quirks and missing camera/bt (which will be included at some point again) these builds are ready for prime time now.

the nightly builds will include the 3.0 kernel by default from now on.
    this means that all builds newer than 2014-01-06 will be 3.0 kernel builds.

cheers
    It appears camera support may not be coming to the 3.0 kernel after all, at least that has been suggested in the camera thread. Also most of the dev energies appear to have focused on the 3.4 kernel.

both kernels have their advantages.
    i decided to include 3.0 intially because of the fact that it was more stable than the 3.4 branch. except camera almost everything is working with 3.0 (esp. direct fb recovery). power consumption, cpu pm and audio-in is a problem with 3.4 atm (which is worked on and eventually will go along just fine).

until stated problems with 3.4 are worked out going with 3.0 is more beneficial for using the tp as a daily driver imho. the 3.4 branch is also a very good option but there are a few minor quirks here and there (vide supra).

personally i dont really use the cam and my freetime is very limited until mid-march (thanks to @koalala for taking time to work on it).

we *have* the choice to utilise either 3.0 or 3.4, which have almost the same performance/featureset so the switch to 3.4 may or may not come and the device tree can be accomodated very easily thus happening on the fly.