[4.4.2][ROM+KERNEL][S5+Note3 Features+F2FS] yNote 3.5 beta2a N5110/N5100 DISCONTINUED

Search This thread

DLM2583

Feb 14, 2012
laval qc
First off I want thank ykkfive for making this port I've been asking for a note 3 port for a long time because I have no idea what goes into making a port although I appreciate it... One thing that would make this ROM flawless would be the ability tobfix the DPI on the size of the icons I haven't found much wrong with the ROM... Great speed and I love the air view works great.. For reason my browser isn't syncing my bookmarks but its not a deal breaker

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
First off I want thank ykkfive for making this port I've been asking for a note 3 port for a long time because I have no idea what goes into making a port although I appreciate it... One thing that would make this ROM flawless would be the ability tobfix the DPI on the size of the icons I haven't found much wrong with the ROM... Great speed and I love the air view works great.. For reason my browser isn't syncing my bookmarks but its not a deal breaker

hi DLM2583

thank you

and, what do u mean by "the ability to fix the DPI on the size of the icons"? i don get it really... sorry about my poor english

for the browser bookmark sync problem, i knew it and for some reasons it produces FC on every boot/sync so i disabled it for now. i will fix it later

thanks for your feedbacks again

DLM2583

Feb 14, 2012
laval qc
hi DLM2583

thank you

and, what do u mean by "the ability to fix the DPI on the size of the icons"? i don get it really... sorry about my poor english

for the browser bookmark sync problem, i knew it and for some reasons it produces FC on every boot/sync so i disabled it for now. i will fix it later

thanks for your feedbacks again
Yes for the DPI size of Icons I just used nova launcher and it does the job I also have the Google launcher which makes the icons huge really to big but nova laughed is fine for the sync no big deal I am using chrome in the mean time and works fine thanks again

DLM2583

Feb 14, 2012
laval qc

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-13-12-25-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-13-12-25-39.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot_2014-02-13-12-27-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-13-12-27-05.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot_2014-02-13-12-27-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-13-12-27-18.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 178

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
No I would make them a bit larger
First screen is stock
Second is nova
Third is Google launcher

ok, got it

since i added more cells to the home screen so the size of each cell will be smaller in size, and i just don want to make the icons too close to each other

anyway, in my mind, all these things like number of icons, width and height etc should be customized by the users. this is what i want in fact. i planned to add this as a feature but no schedule yet.

sorry about that and i hope more customizations can be added later

thank you

DLM2583

Feb 14, 2012
laval qc
ok, got it

since i added more cells to the home screen so the size of each cell will be smaller in size, and i just don want to make the icons too close to each other

anyway, in my mind, all these things like number of icons, width and height etc should be customized by the users. this is what i want in fact. i planned to add this as a feature but no schedule yet.

sorry about that and i hope more customizations can be added later

thank you
Your awesome Bro thanks again

rezadue

Jun 14, 2011
Ottawa
Hi,

In case you want feedback on additional items not working:
- When in settings, if you try to change font, settings crashes.

FYI only.:good:

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Thanks for the reminder #done

looks much much better now :p
btw, this is my 1st tablet too, except the sony experia tablet z i played for just a few days and sold for this note8

Hi,

In case you want feedback on additional items not working:
- When in settings, if you try to change font, settings crashes.

FYI only.:good:

wow, good findings!!! i will never ever find this by my self coz i don use it

thanks a lot and it will be fixed soon, if possible

Dai323

Nov 28, 2009
Cologne Germany
www.couporando.co.uk
alright. i will release a 5100 and 5120 modified stock 4.2.2 kernel solely for testing purposes in order to let me see to what extend the kernel should be,in terms of bootable or not, or whether it can be run properly without data connection or basice phone call functions etc first. after that i will examine whats next or tell you if the ports are likely to happen or not

kindly tell me if u/anyone is interested

thanks

Im super interested! Thank you man! Let me know if you need any testers. Ive done quite a lot of beta besting at XDA over the years.

DLM2583

Feb 14, 2012
laval qc
So I noticed a couple games aren't compatible with this ROM 8 ball pool candy crush saga angry birds... But there's a plus kijiji app now works because the play store thinks my tablet is a phone lol

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Im super interested! Thank you man! Let me know if you need any testers. Ive done quite a lot of beta besting at XDA over the years.

ok, will do it tonite
so i can assume u r able to handle problems yourself and get the log for me?

So I noticed a couple games aren't compatible with this ROM 8 ball pool candy crush saga angry birds... But there's a plus kijiji app now works because the play store thinks my tablet is a phone lol

well, if they require magnetic sensor for detecting movements then they wont work. if they only check for phone/tablet device then it can be altered. it is assumed this is a tablet by default (to a certain extent atm)

Reactions: ianbbaa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

this yNote project is discountiuned due to fatal damages to my note 8, appreciated for all your supports in the past. thank you

ARCHIVE - PREVIOUS VERSIONS (Android 4.3) moved here (discontinued)

NOTE:

1) Kitkat bootloader is NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED

this yNote ROM/kernel is built for old bootloaders including 4.1.2 and 4.2.2

although you may install yNote with kitkat bootloader installed, some functions/apps may not run properly and/or will lead to FCs. i cannot guarantee it is fully compatible with 4.4.x bootloaders and thus any problems resulted may never get fixed. however, no issue has been reported so far

2) i DO NOT OWN a N5100 actually

i made this yNote based on my N5110, and was aimed for the N5110 only. the N5100 version was created by requests and is a derived product. i am unable to perform any tests for the N5100 version myself so bugs are expected

WHAT TO EXPECT:

• Note 3 SPen features like air command, pen window, etc
    • some UI and apps from S5, Note 3, etc
    • sync SNote3/Scrapbook files between devices (requires compatible versions from the other side as well)
    • all apps pen window and flash bar
    • scalable quad view multi windows
    • scalable floating windows
    • OC (up to 2000MHz) and UV supports
    • theme chooser supports for choosing different themes (you can find some themes here)
    • Devil Kernel Manager supports for fine tuning your tablets
    • KNOX and SELINUX disabled completely from kernel to rom (WARNING: could make hacking possible or introduce other security issues, you have been WARNED)
    • all features included in previous versions
    • more to be added later ...

WHAT NOT TO EXPECT:

• frequent updates
    • fancy installations
    • bugs free experiences
    • problems will be solved quickly/ultimately
    • individual/feature requests (again, i will listen, but no promise)

KNOWN ISSUES:

• magnetic sensor (compass) not working properly
    • offline charging will cause a reboot
    • some glitches when rotating the tablet 90 degrees cw/ccw FIXED
      w26
    • screen flickerings occur sometimes
    • weak vibration
    • SFinder FC FIXED
      w26
    • FC when switching lockscreen FIXED
      w26
    • palm swipe screen capture not working
    • false alarm for temperature too high
    • 3G phone call no sound in earpiece (N5100 only)
    • unable to wake up for some devices with certain bootloaders (N5100 only)

SCREENSHOTS:

CHANGE LOG:

• 20140711: [UPDATE][KERNEL] yNote-kona-2.1w
      - fixed sound glitchs problem

• 20140710: [UPDATE][ROM] yNote-kona-3.5 beta 2a
      - requires yNote-konawifi-3.5 beta 2 (for N5100, yNote-kona3g-3.5 beta 2 is also needed)
      - fixed false battery drain
      - fixed SFinder and air command SFinder shortcut
      - fixed launcher bottom bar disappeared after picking widgets
      - fixed Magazine settings fc
      - fixed SVoice fc
      - updated with s5 color and style (85%)
      - added lockscreen rotation
      - added back Clock and Alarm as per request

• 20140706: [PATCH] yNote-kona3g-3.5 beta 2 patch 1
      - attempted to fix no sound in earpiece during calls and unclear voice problem reported by users

• 20140706: [KERNEL][ROM] yNote-kona3g-3.5 beta 2
      - added n5100 support
      - need to install yNote-konawifi-3.5 beta 2 first, DO NOT REBOOT, and then install yNote-kona3g-3.5 beta 2
      - you may need to update your MODEM (not bootloader) for a working 3g connection

• 20140704: [KERNEL][ROM] yNote-konawifi-3.5 beta 2
      - added S5 Music
      - added new Galaxy Tab series apps like My Files/Camera/Photo Studio, etc
      - updated Gallery with timeline
      - re-modded TW launcher with grouped widgets, google voice search bottom bar, etc
      - added TW Magazine (Headlines) support
      - some UI updates
      - new calendar widgets for tablet
      - new weather widgets for tablet
      - fixed FC when switching lockscreen
      *** changing wallpaper in Settings will FC, pls do it in home for now
      *** problems with video recording in 1280x720, recording with lower resolutions work
      *** adding new page to home screen not working in landscape mode, need to add it in portrait mode
      *** minor issues with some images including auto brightness check box in status bar pull down menu, home folder icon too large, etc
      - more

• 20140628: [KERNEL][ROM] yNote-konawifi-3.5 beta 1
      - revamped Android 4.4 Kitkat
      - added more S5 and Note 3 apps
      - editable all apps mod for air command spen window and flashbar
      - added new features: toolbox, smart scroll, smart rotation, smart stay, quad view, scalable floating multiwin, s5 particle unlock effect (a nice one), etc
      - added new apps: s5 browser, s5 lockscreen, s5 snote, etc
      - to enable toolbox, pull down task bar -> settings (grid mode) -> tap toolbox and edit/enable it there
      - more, cant remember all

• 20140611: [KERNEL][ROM] yNote-konawifi-3.0 beta 1
      - initial beta (trimmed)
      - with Note 3 SPen functions and some S5 UI/apps/enhancements
      - most S5 apps will not be included

DOWNLOADS: (no mirror, please)

<ROMS/KERNELS/RECOVERIES>

** IMPORTANT **
    - these are beta versions, minor problems are expected
    - wipe system and data partitions before installing (I will never do this for you for file integrity purpose)

<ADDONS>
    • [ADDON] Google Play+L Edition boot animation
      date: 201407160405
      size: 1.5 MB
      ** this is NOT a cwm installer. pls place the zip file under /data/local/ (NO NEED TO EXTRACT THE ZIP) **

• [ADDON] stock Kies pack
      date: 201407141405
      size: 122.7 KB
      ** this is NOT a cwm installer. pls extract the zip and place the 2 apk files into /system/priv-app/ and reboot **

It took me more than a year for the works and preparations for my first public rom

If you like it please consider a donation, to buy me a beer or coffee, thank you
    Appreicated if any of you are willing to help and break my zero-balance paypal account not zero balanced anymore :victory:

DONATIONS:
    thank you very much. really appreciated

(chronological order)

• jazzespresso (big thanks, broke my zero balance account)
    • mahmoudbe1
    • cbrinnny
    • neuron2
    • nrage23
    • mahmoudbe1

CREDITS:
    DerTeufel1980 - Devil2 kernel
    E-team (Electron Team) - DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM
    dr.ketan - Dr.Ketan Custom ROM

KERNEL SOURCES:
    Devil2 Note2 kernel by DerTeufel1980
    Samsung Open Source Release Center
    CyanogenMod

(pls kindly let me know if i forgot to put your name here)

thank you very much for allowing me to mod and port your works
    finally i have decided not to get it repaired. and as a result, this ynote project has come to an end and will be discountinued

sad to make the decision

anyway, thanks again for all of you. ultimately we will meet at somewhere else I am sure

hope that someone will step into my shoe soon

take good care, my friends
    sign...

my bad, a small mistake costed me several days to found out what's wrong with my kk kernel...

now everything works with 4.1.2 bootloader including wifi (dhcp/static ip), data connection, phone calls, etc (on my test bed - note2)

will port to note8 soon and then add back those note3/s5 things (i wonder if anyone want a custom yNote kk kernel only :confused: )
    hey guys
    5100 is coming soon!!