White GS2 with Red Carbon Skin

Search This thread

geolemon

Dec 10, 2010
I think the red battery door would have looked cool, without the rest of those pieces.

It's not that it's a bad idea, it's that it's an ugly execution, with those contrived cutouts so that it could conform to the phone. With such contrast to the white, it's so obvious.

I got a black Skinomi carbon fiber kit, for my black phone, and it fits MUCH better than that, there's two subtle corner cutouts that just make lines down the corners, and being black on black, you don't notice.

Thought about peeling the red pieces off except for the battery door?

hypersonicx

Apr 11, 2007
Nashville
Your phone looks nice man. I personally think more phones should have the option to be in white. Everything is in Black these days sheesh.

Dont listen to the haters man. Nice job!

EL TEJANO

Dec 1, 2010
Salinas, CA.
If you didn't disassemble your device first then that was some serious masking there. A task in and of itself.

Though I like the white, I'm not too keen on the gloss finish. I would of stuck with a matte or satin finish as it tends to hide any flaws or blemishes a little better.

As for the red carbon wrap, it looks nice. However, you should of taken it to cover the whole back battery door. It looks off with the gaps at the edges.

Definitely an A+ for effort.

I just noticed you painted the vol & power rockers as well. How the bloody hell did you manage to paint those without getting paint in the crevices?

Last edited:

stretchwookie

If you didn't disassemble your device first then that was some serious masking there. A task in and of itself.

Though I like the white, I'm not too keen on the gloss finish. I would of stuck with a matte or satin finish as it tends to hide any flaws or blemishes a little better.

As for the red carbon wrap, it looks nice. However, you should of taken it to cover the whole back battery door. It looks off with the gaps at the edges.

Definitely an A+ for effort.

I just noticed you painted the vol & power rockers as well. How the bloody hell did you manage to paint those without getting paint in the crevices?

if the carbon skin isnt that 3M stuff, it actually fits like that... at least the ones in my store do

as for the volume rockers, +9000!? wtf, are you the Paint God!?