[ICS][AOKP/Gummy/CNA/CM9 Kang] Discussion Thread

Search This thread

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
it didn't, I don't remember what exactly happened. I'll ask him, he is my best friend IRL. if he's willing then I will let you guys know.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: neh4pres

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
I am in no way attacking our great devs. Just taking notice that the change to ics seems to have made 1 end ROM. And cm not being great has nothing to do with sbrissen . It's just bland. Do you guys think cm is falling behind because of the guy who started it getting picked up by Samsung?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

I wasn't implying that you were.

Again, aokp and cm have a different focus. CMs is not to have as many features as possible.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
I should rephrase. Cm has never been about rapid build cycles (for the most part, sure nightlies are available but official builds have always been far between) to get every new feature out.

And honestly cm's focus has shifted and changed with time. A rom that went from being a solo project on one phone to a team effort on hundreds of phones has to change its goals if it wants to have any semblance of achievable purpose. Recently its seemed as if cm has focus more on device trees and the stuff that lurks below the ui while aokp has built on top of that base!

Also, the device you are on plays a large role in whether cm or aokp is better.

For now, aokp is king for the most part.

Last edited:

Hook33

Dec 4, 2011
Bug?

Since glitch milestone 5 (I'm on the current skunk glitch build), I've been getting a slight lag on wake unlock. This doesn't happen every time, but when it does, the screen is really dim and the text turns to a yellow hue and there's a delay 0-5 until the screen is responsive. I've tried different govs and turning off features, no over clock etc., but I can't seem to get rid of it. This is on a three wipe install. Is this a known bug? I'm stumped and suggestions? :confused:

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
I should rephrase. Cm has never been about rapid build cycles (for the most part, sure nightlies are available but official builds have always been far between) to get every new feature out.

And honestly cm's focus has shifted and changed with time. A rom that went from being a solo project on one phone to a team effort on hundreds of phones has to change its goals if it wants to have any semblance of achievable purpose. Recently its seemed as if cm has focus more on device trees and the stuff that lurks below the ui while aokp has built on top of that base!

Also, the device you are on plays a large role in whether cm or aokp is better.

For now, aokp is king for the most part.

This helps my understanding. Thanks.

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
I'm running build 38 AOKP. My question is how can I make the wifi tether app that's built-in, use a specific IP or narrow the IP ranges it uses?

When doing a log cat, dnsmasq starts and appears to give ranges of 192.168.48-42. I can't determine how dnsmasq is setting this.

My purpose is to limit the scope or statically assign, or dhcp reserve the tethered IP that is given out. Only one device will ever connect to my phone, my Asus TF101.

I'm attempting to have the same IP as the home wifi in order to use hostnames to be able to seamlessly connect when using SSH.

In the hosts file, when DNS loads, it won't allow 2 IP's for one hostname. Only the first one in the file is read.

I have dug through many of the files in /data/misc/wifi.....

I can see how certain things get configured but not much beyond that. I also attempted to search github for AOKP but not much luck on that.

Also, I'm trying to avoid using another app to do this. Any ideas?

swagooo

Jun 7, 2012
Los Angeles
flixster crashes

I just registered so I cannot post in the development forum, otherwise I would post this there.

Flixster app crashes on my fascinate build 38 when trying to stream a trailer. gets a few seconds in and freezes, then reboots. It happened on build 37 so i just updated to 38 and now it is still crashing.

Also, similar trouble with YouTube videos. Some work, most dont.

fyi. ty.

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
I just registered so I cannot post in the development forum, otherwise I would post this there.

Flixster app crashes on my fascinate build 38 when trying to stream a trailer. gets a few seconds in and freezes, then reboots. It happened on build 37 so i just updated to 38 and now it is still crashing.

Also, similar trouble with YouTube videos. Some work, most dont.

fyi. ty.

Try uninstall/reinstall of flash. Clear cache and clear data on the two apps giving you issues. See if that helps.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

AuroEdge

Dec 17, 2010
So for Fast Charge, it charges across all 4 pins correct? I was recently messing around with my Verizon car charger and noticed that it only has two wires soldered to leads on the micro usb connector.

Does it really matter if a car charger has the 4 leads wired to and if so how do you tell before you buy?

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
So for Fast Charge, it charges across all 4 pins correct? I was recently messing around with my Verizon car charger and noticed that it only has two wires soldered to leads on the micro usb connector.

Does it really matter if a car charger has the 4 leads wired to and if so how do you tell before you buy?

I have no idea where you got your information, but that is NOT how fast charge works, nor how USB works, even. Here's what actually happens:

Your phone can take a charge from any standard USB connection - either to a wall charger, or a computer or whatever. Whenever USB is connected, there is a little bit of information exchanged with the other device (yes, even a wall charger has a little software on it that does this). This is where the amount of power that will be provided to the phone is negotiated. There is code in the kernel that requests a certain amount of power based on the device type. Normally, if the kernel sees anything other than a wall charger, it will request a lower current, and therefore a slower charge. The fast charge option simply makes the kernel always request the higher current, no matter what is plugged in. It does this by just assuming that any device plugged in is an AC wall charger and handling it that way. A slight downside to this is that when it does this after being plugged into a computer, it does not set up any other USB connections - so ADB, mass storage, USB tethering, etc., will not work while fast charge is enabled. But, it really does charge crazy faster on a computer that way, so sometimes its worth it.

The short version: LOL, wut?? No, it doesn't matter. No, never charges with all four wires. Whoever told you that was a few tacos short of a combination platter.

swagooo

Jun 7, 2012
Los Angeles
aside from the youtube video problem, i have run into some new problems now.

i tried setting my cpu speeds to 1300 mhz and 400 mhz min and then my device would not boot up correctly. it would load up to the home screen then freeze immediately and reboot indefinitely.

i just reflashed it now and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this when messing with cpu settings? i am using glitched aokp build 38

ty.

edit: just found the new glitched 38 build 6-07-2012 so im gonna try that and hope it fixes things. will report back.

i guess my phones limit is 1200 mhz, still pretty unstable at that. i guess ill try 1000 mhz with live oc at 105-110%. should be ok and hopefully gimme a lil boost.

Last edited:

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
aside from the youtube video problem, i have run into some new problems now.

i tried setting my cpu speeds to 1300 mhz and 400 mhz min and then my device would not boot up correctly. it would load up to the home screen then freeze immediately and reboot indefinitely.

i just reflashed it now and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this when messing with cpu settings? i am using glitched aokp build 38

ty.

edit: just found the new glitched 38 build 6-07-2012 so im gonna try that and hope it fixes things. will report back.

i guess my phones limit is 1200 mhz, still pretty unstable at that. i guess ill try 1000 mhz with live oc at 105-110%. should be ok and hopefully gimme a lil boost.
glitch is my favorite kernel more so because of the quality devs working on it. although I would give the new devil kernel a shot...working really nice for me so far. im seeing more stability when trying to overclock on the devil kernel jmo...

swagooo

Jun 7, 2012
Los Angeles
glitch is my favorite kernel more so because of the quality devs working on it. although I would give the new devil kernel a shot...working really nice for me so far. im seeing more stability when trying to overclock on the devil kernel jmo...

what settings are you using? the devil kernel sounds very tempting....:cool:

Last edited:

Pixelation

Jan 14, 2012
Jersey
I'm back on my fascinate, have red recovery installed...running gee wiz 2.8
I tried to flash gummy 1.20 and came into error 07.
What do I need to do to get Gummy on, I followed normal flashing instructions..wiping then flashing...but error 07...

DROID DOES, Apple did...like I forgot when

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Well, not sure what happened but, I flashed the build 38 ( from 37) and ran into a few problems. First , I lost my lock screen, which wasn't really a big deal. Kinda cool actually to just hit power button and go right to home screen. However, I also started having problems with sound, namely the notifications and incoming calls. So after missing a few important calls, I first tried to just flash back to the build 38( without the Devil kernel)....no dice. So I was forced to go back to 37 ( without Devil ). All is right again. I'll try again to upgrade to the 38 build, when I have some time. Btw, I DID wipe all three, ( always do ). :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its built in glitch kernel...use terminal to access it. For the bazillionth time :p............type this below and make sure to hit enter after each entry:

"su"
    "callboost enable"

enter these numbers

This will give you a good starting point...

Thanks for giving a good starting point.. This is OP material

You know, if enough people have great success with those numbers, i might consider building them in as the kernel defaults...what do you all think?
    I must say that steve and team glitch are really doing amazing things on this device!!! The latest bigmem test.zip is freaking amazing to say the least..what little lag I was experiencing is now a thing of the past with 200+mb of ram free. I dont remember this much ram being available since powerwash froyo days. GOOD JOB FELLAS!!!!
    Long live the fascinate!
    Long live Team Glitch!

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
    As a work-around for the Torch issue, download an app called Tiny Flashlight + LED from the market. Here's a link that I think will work: https://market.android.com/details?...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5kZXZ1bmkuZmxhc2hsaWdodCJd

It's top-notch. The strobe functionality and morse code stuff even works, which is a first on my Fascinate at least. I'll probably stick with this over the in-ROM torch app unless the latter starts working and knocks my socks off.
    thanks for the info
    yeah its a TW based rom and I have no idea what i'm getting into... how would i go about flashing? is there voodoo (or that doesnt work for these roms?)

No..there isn't a voodoo lag-fix...not needed....as these roms use ext4 as thier default filesystem, not the rfs that Samsung uses in touchwiz..there is voodoo sound support in the kernel...

Coming from touchwiz..it is a bit tricky....This rom must be flashed from the correct Recovery...meaning, u will need to ODIN the proper recvery, then flash the THS Buid 2, then this rom(and the glitch kernel and g-apps, if u want).

i recall some instructions being posted somewhere...but I need to do some digging around...unless some one else wants to post some...

EDIT:

Install:
    Use CMW fixed for CM7 ODIN.TAR or CMW.ZIP
    Flash the above mentioned recovery...
    Boot into recovery
    wipe Data
    Flash THS Build 2
    reboot recovery
    wipe data in CWM
    install AOKP rom
    install gapps
    instal glitch kernel(optional)
    reboot

Download THS build 2 and the AOKP rom and the CWM zip..put on sd card...you should be fine flashing the recovery zip in your current recovery...then selecting the option to reboot to recovery..u should then be in the new recovery u just flashed...then continue with the steps..

I believe this will work fine....be warned...I flashed ICS form CM7...so have a full ODIN file available in-case something messes up and u need to revert to stock or what ever and start again...FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    AOKP Milestone 4 Download

I am not sure why the official mirrors are down....hoping the rom wasn't pulled or something and it's just a server failure....so I am posting a link to download the rom from my dropbox..(hope that is ok)..don't want to get myself in-trouble....I will remove it if Stephen.k.spear (the OP of the rom) tells me too.

AOKP M4 Fascinate: GET IT HERE