Intelligent thoughts on rumors re: SGS3

Search This thread

mike.r.olson

Jun 17, 2010
Canton, GA
RootzWiki has an article up about the SGS3 (http://rootzwiki.com/news/_/articles/leaks/will-the-next-galaxy-be-the-galaxy-siis-r647) that says that the SGS3 is rumored to have "[front cam] eye tracking [that will will automatically lock the screen when you look away from it] and phosphorescent green pixels (which would apparently appear white to the eye) to save battery consumption"...

Anybody care to chime in on this or flame the crap out of me for posting about a Samsung device on an HTC sub-forum?

Royalfox

Jul 17, 2011
Google Pixel 6
RootzWiki has an article up about the SGS3 (http://rootzwiki.com/news/_/articles/leaks/will-the-next-galaxy-be-the-galaxy-siis-r647) that says that the SGS3 is rumored to have "[front cam] eye tracking [that will will automatically lock the screen when you look away from it] and phosphorescent green pixels (which would apparently appear white to the eye) to save battery consumption"...

Anybody care to chime in on this or flame the crap out of me for posting about a Samsung device on an HTC sub-forum?

I gotta say that the eye tracking sounds awesome.... And impossible "/

Inviato dal mio PG86100 utilizzando Tapatalk

NixZero

Feb 22, 2012
I gotta say that the eye tracking sounds awesome.... And impossible "/

Inviato dal mio PG86100 utilizzando Tapatalk

not impossible, after all it would be "just" a specialized kinect - but probably it would cost more energy to keep all that computing power permanently up than just autodimming the screen...

Atomix86

Jul 5, 2011
It's probably still going to be made out of the cheapest, tackiest plastic around and feel like a kids toy.

Reactions: Cuppeerr

Tp*

Apr 18, 2012
Beirut
well to be honest i have heard and read lots of rumors about the SIII ranging from a battery that lasts for days, moving to a flexible Super AMOLED screen and up to an ultra-thin mobile that bears ANY scratch and more...

Ah well Samsung decided that they will announce the “next Galaxy smartphone" (which is supposed to be the SGS III) on May 3rd and by then we'll know for sure what are the specs of the new mobile ^^

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
FOr me personally, it's irrelevent. Whats the point of talking about a phone that I won't see available for another 6-7 months.....Hell even talking about the EVO 4G LTE seems dumb since its not getting sold till June. Way too much time inbetween to even think about it.

bloodrain954

Jun 24, 2010
FOr me personally, it's irrelevent. Whats the point of talking about a phone that I won't see available for another 6-7 months.....Hell even talking about the EVO 4G LTE seems dumb since its not getting sold till June. Way too much time inbetween to even think about it.

It's being announced in 2 weeks. It'll be out in 2 months.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: basicseamstress

ncfastls1

Oct 27, 2010
Cary, NC
Out in 2 months meaning Internationally. Yes.....but people in the US will be getting it around sept, october.

It's been confirmed that they are doing an international launch. Everyone is getting it at the same time. Just up to the carriers from there.

Also to another guy on the first page, its going to have a ceramic/possibly metal body, not the typical Samsung plastic.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
It's been confirmed that they are doing an international launch. Everyone is getting it at the same time. Just up to the carriers from there.

Also to another guy on the first page, its going to have a ceramic/possibly metal body, not the typical Samsung plastic.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Yea I know, everyone except the US is getting it at the same time. If its coming to sprint, you can bet you WILL NOT be getting it until Sept-Oct timeframe. Go back and check the time lag on the last 3-4 samsung phones on sprint. All at least 6 months, and some up to 8.

brenton70

Jan 19, 2012
personally I'm hoping it's not to big so hopefully if they go for a bigger screen they can do it with an edge to edge screen as what's the use of a phone that can't fit in my pocket
as for when it's released locally, if you can't wait buy an international phone and put a sim card in it

mlin

Dec 27, 2007

It'll be out in 2 months, Sprint wont get it til October.

The eye tracking seems kinda silly for locking reasons. Why would I want my phone to lock every time I look away from it? Now, eye and head tracking for the purpose of viewing 3D objects from different angles would be cool.

sailio

Jul 25, 2010
This needs to be out of the evo3D thread...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I said I didn't like Sprint phones? Um, I think I was pretty clear that the only reason I am still with Sprint is because I like my Evo 3D and no other carrier has a phone comparable to it (plus I'm stuck in a contract). Even the post you just quoted and replied to basically said I would rather have my Evo 3D so I am staying with Sprint, lol.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Except Apple locks their phones down (like HTC) and Samsung encourages development on theirs.

They can't do every single thing like apple or else they would get sued for that too.
    It's probably still going to be made out of the cheapest, tackiest plastic around and feel like a kids toy.

You have no idea what gpu its using...

You're silly. Did you watch the video? It shows the Mali 400 GPU.
    Quad core, gig of RAM, 16 gigs on board, micro sd slot, 720p display (and Samsung makes awesome displays), 8 mp camera (Samsung makes awesome cameras too), huge battery, nfc, and you know it will have s-off on day 1 and have great dev support...

I think the specs are pretty good. It's certainly on par (or better) than the Evo LTE.

Too bad it's not 3D. If it had 3D it might be worth getting an unlocked version on T-Mobile and dumping Sprint until they fix their network.

Why not do that anyway since you don't seem to like sprint or their phones anyway.