[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][3.0][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.0.0-1 TeamWin Recovery Project 3/28/2016

Search This thread

gtownswagga

Oct 27, 2010
Come on EVERYBODY GIVE ARRGGGHH THE THANKS THAT HE DESERVES :)

Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app

fallnSaint

May 30, 2011
Denver "ish"
Nice, glad it works for you!

So I've got 3 thanks on the first post, and I think 2 people have responded that they've installed it (with a third 'approving' of it :p)... but 60+ downloads? Is it just working that well that everyone forgets this thread exists? Hahahaha!

Well, I hope it is working well for everyone. Enjoy!

Looks like I have a bug report, maybe it is just me... I am having no luck getting restore from external to work properly. Half the attempts ended in a boot loop, the other half left me w no data restored. I managed to transfer 2 of the 3 restore folders to internal sd, the 3rd must have had corrupted data & wouldn't transfer. Success restoring from internal.

I did re download & reflash through goo im hoping it was just a bad flash, same results tho. Left all settings default. Internal still works just fine.

Btw Arrrghhh, thanks for the work porting this over, I appreciate it.

Sent from my XT897 using xda premium

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Looks like I have a bug report, maybe it is just me... I am having no luck getting restore from external to work properly. Half the attempts ended in a boot loop, the other half left me w no data restored. I managed to transfer 2 of the 3 restore folders to internal sd, the 3rd must have had corrupted data & wouldn't transfer. Success restoring from internal.

Hrm, that's really strange. I just tried doing a fresh backup of to external and restore, no problems. I previously did a full data/system/boot backup to external and that has already saved my butt.

What are you backing up? Have you tried a different SD card? Is it formatted funky, partitioned, etc?

I can't think of anything that would cause that issue, but I don't really know much about this device or TWRP yet ;). If you could, post your /tmp/recovery.log after recreating failure (adb pull it while in TWRP).

Thanks!!

fallnSaint

May 30, 2011
Denver "ish"
Same card I was backing up to on my Evo Shift using TWRP. Fat 32 w an ext 4 partition i believe. I will try another card also. The process always finishes, a lot quicker than it should; 30 sec for system, 7 sec for data.

Gimme a bit & i will see if i can pull that. Gotta get to my pc.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Same card I was backing up to on my Evo Shift using TWRP. Fat 32 w an ext 4 partition i believe. I will try another card also. The process always finishes, a lot quicker than it should; 30 sec for system, 7 sec for data.

Gimme a bit & i will see if i can pull that. Gotta get to my pc.

Oh yea, that way too short. Well, let me know if you can get that file. I just did another backup to my SD of /data, and it took quite some time....

Thanks.

fallnSaint

May 30, 2011
Denver "ish"
Oh yea, that way too short. Well, let me know if you can get that file. I just did another backup to my SD of /data, and it took quite some time....

Thanks.

Got home & threw the wifes sd card in & it worked fine, isn't that some $hit..?

Brings up a good question tho: What format should we be runnin on our sd card? I had to have this one formatted to fat32 on my old phone to flash updates through bootloader. Stock came w fat16 if I remember correctly, so you had to purposely reformat in order to run pg06img.zip files through the boot.

Thanks again man, good to know you are here to help.

:update:
Damn, they are both fat32... Idk...

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Got home & threw the wifes sd card in & it worked fine, isn't that some $hit..?

Can you explain the differences of the cards in detail? This is odd/annoying. Did you have recovery installed before, a previous version of TWRP perhaps when I was still hashing out the kinks?

If you did have it installed once before on an older version (before 2.2.2.2), you might have to go to "Settings" and "Restore Defaults" (in TWRP).

Brings up a good question tho: What format should we be runnin on our sd card? I had to have this one formatted to fat32 on my old phone to flash updates through bootloader. Stock came w fat16 if I remember correctly, so you had to purposely reformat in order to run pg06img.zip files through the boot.

FAT32, for sure...

Thanks again man, good to know you are here to help.

I'll do what I can, but I'll be honest - this is not only my first Motorola phone, but my first native Android device :eek:.

:update:
Damn, they are both fat32... Idk...

Hrm... Yea, let us know the detail on the differences. SanDisk, Class4, etc. Thanks!

fallnSaint

May 30, 2011
Denver "ish"
Can you explain the differences of the cards in detail? This is odd/annoying. Did you have recovery installed before, a previous version of TWRP perhaps when I was still hashing out the kinks?

If you did have it installed once before on an older version (before 2.2.2.2), you might have to go to "Settings" and "Restore Defaults" (in TWRP).

FAT32, for sure...

I'll do what I can, but I'll be honest - this is not only my first Motorola phone, but my first native Android device :eek:.

Hrm... Yea, let us know the detail on the differences. SanDisk, Class4, etc. Thanks!

The wife's runnin a Sandisk 16gb class 4, mine is a Transcend 8gb class 6.

I did have the previous version, with the external issues. I will clear to defaults & get back to you on any differences later tonight.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
The wife's runnin a Sandisk 16gb class 4, mine is a Transcend 8gb class 6.

I did have the previous version, with the external issues. I will clear to defaults & get back to you on any differences later tonight.

Ahhh... yea I obviously had the old version as well, and had some issues until I reset defaults. Whoops! I'll add that in a caveat section in the directions... Thanks!

Edit - err, the buglist. But still, it's there. Let me know if that fixes it, I'm betting (hoping?) it does ;)

Last edited:

fallnSaint

May 30, 2011
Denver "ish"
Ahhh... yea I obviously had the old version as well, and had some issues until I reset defaults. Whoops! I'll add that in a caveat section in the directions... Thanks!

Edit - err, the buglist. But still, it's there. Let me know if that fixes it, I'm betting (hoping?) it does ;)

Still nada, thinking this TWRP just hates my sd card. I will try reformatting when I get some time to move all my data around. At least I still have internal working for now.

I will let you know if i have any success. Thanks.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Still nada, thinking this TWRP just hates my sd card. I will try reformatting when I get some time to move all my data around. At least I still have internal working for now.

I will let you know if i have any success. Thanks.

Weird... I would hope our phones (or this recovery?) aren't touchy on SD cards...

Backup the data on the card and try a quick wipe (FAT32) with the HP Tool. Then a full... Then I guess feed it to your dog because it's useless? :p

That's really strange either way... Can you still backup to it? How about install from it? Can you access it OK in Android? I'll ask around to see if this is common or if we still have a bug :(

fallnSaint

May 30, 2011
Denver "ish"
Weird... I would hope our phones (or this recovery?) aren't touchy on SD cards...

Backup the data on the card and try a quick wipe (FAT32) with the HP Tool. Then a full... Then I guess feed it to your dog because it's useless? :p

That's really strange either way... Can you still backup to it? How about install from it? Can you access it OK in Android? I'll ask around to see if this is common or if we still have a bug :(

Yeah, everything works except restoring from it. The backups I have made to it take a little longer than the internal (guessing write speed), but for the most part they have worked fine when transferred to internal. Could be it is taking a $hit, wouldn't be unheard of. I will try the wipe when I have a bit more time.

If it helps at all (dunno) I'm using a Maxell 16GB class 10

May be a good excuse to upgrade to a class 10, hows that Maxell?:D

fallnSaint

May 30, 2011
Denver "ish"

Finally had some time to sit down & really work this problem, looks like my sd card is crapping out. Tried formatting & still having issues. Write speeds have dropped significantly & everything I have tried flashing fails to boot now. I heard these cards fail quick, thought it was more works & then dead, not a slow death like this, mine still stores & transfers data.

Thanks again for the help on this, look forward to seeing more from you.

Saint sent this from his Q using xda premium

Reactions: arrrghhh

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Finally had some time to sit down & really work this problem, looks like my sd card is crapping out. Tried formatting & still having issues. Write speeds have dropped significantly & everything I have tried flashing fails to boot now. I heard these cards fail quick, thought it was more works & then dead, not a slow death like this, mine still stores & transfers data.

Thanks again for the help on this, look forward to seeing more from you.

No worries, thank you for responding and confirming you did indeed have a bad card :good:

fallnSaint

May 30, 2011
Denver "ish"
No worries, thank you for responding and confirming you did indeed have a bad card :good:

arrrghhh, still fighting with the sd card issue, got a new card a couple weeks back and still can't get back-ups or restores to work from it on a regular basis. It isn't TWRP, CWM does the same now, but it started when I first used Twrp when it had the sd card issue in it's original release. Any thoughts as to what may cause this?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
arrrghhh, still fighting with the sd card issue, got a new card a couple weeks back and still can't get back-ups or restores to work from it on a regular basis. It isn't TWRP, CWM does the same now, but it started when I first used Twrp when it had the sd card issue in it's original release. Any thoughts as to what may cause this?

Wait you got a new card and it's having the same issue...?

How is the card formatted? I've never had this issue, and I use TWRP to backup and restore daily. I'm constantly blowing up my phone for testing, so I depend on it to backup and restore consistently...

I assume this issue is not present if you use the "internal" SD?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RECOVERY] [3/28/16] TWRP 3.0.0-1 - TeamWin Recovery Project

TeamWin is proud to present TWRP 3.0.x for the Motorola Photon Q!

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvWVS_Rkxo

Full TeamWin credits are on the TWRP page on the TeamWin website: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Decryption of /data
    Easy selection of internal/external storage
    See changelog below for new features

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe cache & dalvik, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Theming:

Information on TWRP 2 Theming - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2themers

Known Issues:

CWM backups are not compatible - please make a fresh backup in TWRP as soon as you have flashed it

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit for TWRP Official Device Configs - http://gerrit.twrp.me

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.omnirom.org

If you have made your own twrp build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Photon Q Device Config: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_xt897/tree/cm-13.0

Kernel: https://github.com/arrrghhh/android_kernel_motorola_msm8960-common-twrp

DOWNLOAD:

Official Link

All official devices are listed at the top of the page on the Team Win website. Search for the device in the textbox.

http://twrp.me

Support:

Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for live support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers

Many thanks to @Dees_Troy, @helicopter88 & @bigbiff for helping get TWRP running, and of course thanks to @shabbypenguin for getting everything started on the device tree!

I highly advise the buglist and directions be reviewed!!

Thanks!!
    This recovery works on our devices but the touch points are offset. That is the only issue that prevent us for using it. I wish i had money to buy you an Atrix HD. We need developer's like you for sure. Lol
    I hope someone try to port it but is been 6 months that we are unlocked and Matt or others haven't had the time I guess. :(

Sent from my Atrix HD using ProBAM rom and XDA 4 Premium

I thought you guys had TWRP already...

You shouldn't flash TWRP for another device. I can whip up a TWRP for the MB886.
    http://www.oudhitsquad.com/arrrghhh/recovery/TWRPrecovery_SELinuxtest.img

Here's a test TWRP build... for flashing 4.4.

I was able to flash KK, the AOSP build - but I had to jump thru a couple of hoops:

1. Wipe --> Advanced Wipe
    2. Check everything but MicroSD/Internal Storage
    3. Hit "Home", go to "Mount" --> UNcheck system.
    4. Hit "Home", flash KK as desired - adb sideload, install, etc.
    5. When you go to 'Reboot System' TWRP will probably inform you there is no OS. Ignore this! Who ever heeded warning messages anyways :p

Let me know!
    Hey guys, official TWRP has been updated. It should work for 4.4 ROM's. Enjoy!
    TWRP 3.0.2-1 for Photon Q

https://dl.orangedox.com/LVD5PR8Q5dZPSCixtS

Very similar to previous 3.0.2-0 (MTP & adopted storage including mixed mode is supported).
    Includes updates from TWRP upstream since the last build (beginning of April).
    The main reason for this new build is updated f2fs support in kernel.