Show us your Gear Watch Face

Search This thread

bahamasjkh

Jan 1, 2014
South Amboy, NJ
What about shopping it straight?

Edit: im working on a full blend from my smartphone. Then we can simply add back the date later...

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Best I could do on a SGNII :D

s64jvbC.jpeg
Maybe the date aperture could replace the sub dial at 6? The hash marks around the edge really accentuates the square design. This would be my "goto" black watch face. I wear a suit everyday so this beauty would really look fantastic... especially since I work for Hamilton Jewelers. @ lunch now... will check back later.

server5

Mar 18, 2008
To keep it looking original, a special font would have to be created that is skewed. Still looking...

I made a few revisions to the Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 posted a while back. I cropped the face to fill our displays and added a functioning date window. I have been pulling my hair out trying to make a functioning subdial for a battery indicator so until I get it perfect here is a sample. Thanks to the original uploader of the watch theme.

Attachments

• PRV_IMG.png
    PRV_IMG.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 440
  • TagHeuerCalibre12.zip
    306.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

johnb41

Jan 6, 2014
Obaku

Ok, enough freeloading from me, so here is my FIRST contribution. :) The Obaku face requested a while back...

obaku-sourceface-small.png

Battery meter is the right dial.
Bluetooth is the "O" logo. Will turn red with no connection.

Attachments

• Obaku.zip
    198.3 KB · Views: 701
  • PRV_IMG.png
    PRV_IMG.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 20,848
Last edited:

Batman8

Feb 3, 2011
Maybe the date aperture could replace the sub dial at 6? The hash marks around the edge really accentuates the square design. This would be my "goto" black watch face. I wear a suit everyday so this beauty would really look fantastic... especially since I work for Hamilton Jewelers. @ lunch now... will check back later.

I like it!! Very elegant for dress occasions. Good job.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

I've been working on these themes for about two hours now and I think they're pretty much done.

As requested by Batman8, I made a 12h version of my Tron theme (with an AM/PM indicator).
Both the 12h and the 24h versions have two theme.json in their folders, this is because one is default blue and the other yellow. It's obvious which one is which when you take a look. [this is the picture I used for the yellow color]

I also made other versions of my Japanese theme: one with Arabic numbers (1, 2, ...) and one with Roman numbers (I, II. ...)

I'm not 100% sure how these look as time moves on (if the hour and minute hand obscure parts of the numbers, or if they don't circle some numbers as intended. I haven't had the time to check, as I just made them. But the Roman numbers can get quite large (VIII) and the hands may obscure those numbers a little bit, but it shouldn't be all that bad).

I hope you like them! :)

PS. They're still WIP. (Especially the Tron ones, I'm quite happy with my Japanese theme.)

Thanks Mowimux for making those adjustments. These are nice. Glad to add them to my collection of great faces. :)

Reactions: Mowimux

bahamasjkh

Jan 1, 2014
South Amboy, NJ
Hey All, quick question...did this Zenith El Primero with the angled date ever get posted as a zip? Sorry to bother you if just missed it, but I HAD to ask.
not yet... I wish I knew how to do what these guys do! This dial will be my fave if/when the great maximus96 does his magic.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Hey All, quick question...did this Zenith El Primero with the angled date ever get posted as a zip? Sorry to bother you if just missed it, but I HAD to ask.

This is actually a Hamilton USA watch. Jazmaster chrono H32666135 friggin beautiful

Last edited:

Batman8

Feb 3, 2011
not yet... I wish I knew how to do what these guys do! This dial will be my fave if/when the great maximus96 does his magic.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

This is actually a Hamilton USA watch. Jazmaster chrono H32666135 friggin beautiful

It really is amazing that you guys can do what you do! If this face can be "GEARified" it will be a great one.

server5

Mar 18, 2008

Yes this is the one and only Jazzmaster series Chronograph and it comes in a white face as well. Also available without chrono. My friend has the white and he is constantly getting compliments. I chose the black face because black is better optimized for less battery comsumptions for obvious reasons. But come to think of it, the gear is practically recharged nightly so maybe I add white later on.

The biggest issues with these faces, is finding a good perpendicular head shot AND high resolution. The one I uploaded was the best available public image shot I could find that was decent enough for Gear but if you look closely,, its slightly skewed by one or two degrees. Elements or PS can de-skew but that may pixelate other areas. Maximus will ultimately decide whether the face is usable as is or not. As for the angled date, sadly I could not source a font with 45 degree pitch so unless someone has some really creative thinking and a little tinkering happens in the background, you will have to add the date manually via WS (assuming the png will be user editable) standby.....

bahamasjkh

Jan 1, 2014
South Amboy, NJ
Yes this is the one and only Jazzmaster series Chronograph and it comes in a white face as well. Also available without chrono. My friend has the white and he is constantly getting compliments. I chose the black face because black is better optimized for less battery comsumptions for obvious reasons. But come to think of it, the gear is practically recharged nightly so maybe I add white later on.

The biggest issues with these faces, is finding a good perpendicular head shot AND high resolution. The one I uploaded was the best available public image shot I could find that was decent enough for Gear but if you look closely,, its slightly skewed by one or two degrees. Elements or PS can de-skew but that may pixelate other areas. Maximus will ultimately decide whether the face is usable as is or not. As for the angled date, sadly I could not source a font with 45 degree pitch so unless someone has some really creative thinking and a little tinkering happens in the background, you will have to add the date manually via WS (assuming the png will be user editable) standby.....
!Hamilton-H32666535.jpg
I'm not sure if this is allowed... but i found this image.

Dr. Jekyl

Dec 30, 2013
Akribos XXIV

Can someone create this as a functional unit..Time of day on the bottom

Attachments

• AKRIBOS-XXIV-AK415YL-Chronograph-Men-s-Watch-31.jpg
    AKRIBOS-XXIV-AK415YL-Chronograph-Men-s-Watch-31.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 671

bahamasjkh

Jan 1, 2014
South Amboy, NJ
slanted date

"lets" try it without the slanted date and add the aperture with WS!:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts