nice today plugin on LG KS20

Search This thread

gigaherz

May 15, 2008
hi newbie here! I attempted to uncompress,modify, re-compress and re-install the lgmenu.exe file. The good news is the program still works!! :) he

problem is the icon link I changed isn't working. I get a message stating "The system cannot find the file specified". I tried changing the path for the calculator to the hicalc program on my sd card. I put a shortcut in \windows to it and it works fine if I click on it. I tried putting it in the file with the hex editor a couple of different ways and still no luck. Can anyone who has modified the .exe offer any advice please?

I would have never believed I would be spending so much time modding my new phone a few weeks ago when i bought it!!! It's like a disease!! Thanks for any info guys.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
hi newbie here! I attempted to uncompress,modify, re-compress and re-install the lgmenu.exe file. The good news is the program still works!! :) he

problem is the icon link I changed isn't working. I get a message stating "The system cannot find the file specified". I tried changing the path for the calculator to the hicalc program on my sd card. I put a shortcut in \windows to it and it works fine if I click on it. I tried putting it in the file with the hex editor a couple of different ways and still no luck. Can anyone who has modified the .exe offer any advice please?

I would have never believed I would be spending so much time modding my new phone a few weeks ago when i bought it!!! It's like a disease!! Thanks for any info guys.
Have you made the shortcuts path longer than the original? And, have you edited the exe to match the format of the original link?

After a few weeks more, you'll never leave here :D

gigaherz

May 15, 2008
hi, thanks for the reply and yes I think I'm hooked!

The original string was \ W i n d o w s \ M o b i l e c a l c u l a t o r (with 11 spaces after it)

I replaced that with \ W i n d o w s \ H i c a l c (plus extra spaces)

I don't get it, I must be doing something stupid.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
hi, thanks for the reply and yes I think I'm hooked!

The original string was \ W i n d o w s \ M o b i l e c a l c u l a t o r (with 11 spaces after it)

I replaced that with \ W i n d o w s \ H i c a l c (plus extra spaces)

I don't get it, I must be doing something stupid.
Do any of the other paths have a file extension? like ".lnk" or ".exe"?

One other thought... Have you tried entering the path to the exe directly? (rather than going through a lnk file)

gigaherz

May 15, 2008
Hey, I originally used a link because the pathname to my card was too long to fit. I uninstalled it and re-installed it to my tilt directly and the name was still too long to use a direct path. I then just moved the entire hicalc folder out of program files and up one level to the root directory. I re-did the hex-editing and now it works!Thanks!! Now i'm dangerous, I have a little bit of new knowledge, next up is replacing ie with opera and then trying to do the icons!! arghhh!!! hehe Thanks again. :)

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
I'd guess then that shortcuts can't be loaded... Or atleast that the extension is assumed to be ".exe" rather than ".lnk"... Good luck with the rest of the customization! :D

Romeo1979

Mar 31, 2008
PSNote problem

Hi, I have like others a problem in PSNote on KS20. For others who have good version of psnote, can you please post an extract of this SIP. Or give us a link to download it if there exists.
Thanks in advence.

Anodynes

Oct 31, 2008
Tv Out Ks20

I've been searching like madman for an answer to this question...Does Ks20 supports tv out? Can I connect my Ks20 to a television? Every site reviewing Ks20 says it supports. Lg site doesn't mention...Couldn't find any cable for it...Google hasn't helped me this time :) Can you guys solve this question?

noiseupstairs

Sep 26, 2008
hi everybody !
i'm a newbie from France...and finally I found what I need in this post...
just want to change wmplayer shortcut to Slide2play !
I don't want to use HTC menu or others...LG menu is fine for me !

so for the last 3 hours I read all the thread, install hex editor, and try to change the links....(for the moment I don't need to change icon of wmplayer....just the link!)

but I've got 2 problems...very easy for genius like you all...
no way to copy LGstrings.dll to my hard drive...and no way to replace original LGmenu.exe with mine.....

how can I do that ?

a big precision...I'm in original rom...because, I don't want to flash it...no problem at all for the moment with this rom...

sorry with my english...I understand it but...don't write or speak it well...
:p

gerardo_gh

Jul 22, 2009
PSNote is quite an interesting application since it allows you to input handwritten notes which are automatically translated into computer text. However, you can do the same with the Outlook Mobile Notes application, together with Transcriber:

lg_psnote.swf

Hello friend, I run the application, but it is french, you say I should copy the dll archive to windows, but windows hide the dll because is a system archive, who will i do?:confused::(