How do you select a voice for TomTom???

Search This thread

smoka

Mar 26, 2008
When i start TomTom it keeps telling me I haven't selected a voice..When I go to the voice selector option..it tells me I must download from tomtom's website...

Thanks in advance
Smoke Dawg!!!!

smoka

Mar 26, 2008
I will...I don't have my storage card yet...it should be here Tuesday...I bought a 4 gig for 12 bucks

smoka

Mar 26, 2008
Good deal. So your voices folder is in your main memory? You must not have any maps then since they are pretty big. If your folder is in main memory you should be able to just copy them there. Maybe.
I found A voices folder..it has one .wma file in it..I can't find anything using the route you provided..Please bare with me:confused:...I switched from a Treo to the tilt:D

Macgyvec3

Oct 7, 2005
Corcoran, MN
The normal use of tomtom is to put all the files on the the SD then put the SD card into your tilt. Once you put the SD card into your tilt for the first time, tomtom installer will automatically load and install tomtom to your tilt. After which it will launch tomtom navigator and walk you through the setup procedure. Are you installing tomtom from your computer via a tomtom installer? Like tomtom home? What version is it(both home and the actual tomtom on your tilt)? It would be ideal if you are using a tomtom installer on your computer to install it on a SD card. Then it would save you space and work the way I was describing it. Where did you get your copy of tomtom? Was it from xda-developers? Did you buy it? Or did you get it from someplace that can not be talked about(please do you mention anything about pirated software or warez)? Just say other.

It's important to have a later version like tomtom 6.036 or higher. I realize this is a lot of stuff but it's important. Take your time. Plus I'm drunk and babeling on. Hopefully you can understand it. I'll be back on in 8-10 hours.

Confused Stu

Aug 12, 2005
Gillingham, Kent
The normal use of tomtom is to put all the files on the the SD then put the SD card into your tilt. Once you put the SD card into your tilt for the first time, tomtom installer will automatically load and install tomtom to your tilt. After which it will launch tomtom navigator and walk you through the setup procedure. Are you installing tomtom from your computer via a tomtom installer? Like tomtom home? What version is it(both home and the actual tomtom on your tilt)? It would be ideal if you are using a tomtom installer on your computer to install it on a SD card. Then it would save you space and work the way I was describing it. Where did you get your copy of tomtom? Was it from xda-developers? Did you buy it? Or did you get it from someplace that can not be talked about(please do you mention anything about pirated software or warez)? Just say other.

It's important to have a later version like tomtom 6.036 or higher. I realize this is a lot of stuff but it's important. Take your time. Plus I'm drunk and babeling on. Hopefully you can understand it. I'll be back on in 8-10 hours.

Drunk at 7:25AM!!! Good effort, my friend!! :D:D

(Yeah, I know, time differences and so on - still made me smile though).

smoka

Mar 26, 2008

I had a friend of mine add Dutty's rom on my tilt about 3 weeks ago..I can't begin to tell you the version number