Omfg i did it!!! Omfg i dit it!!! Rogers htc magic superhero rom!!!!

Search This thread

ranxoren

Aug 16, 2007
First off congrats :) but my question to you is do you have an ETA on a fix for the wifi since H told you what needs to be done ? :)

Thanks !

ranxoren

Aug 16, 2007
i tried the adb push to copy wlan.ko still no fix... sry

Oh well, no worries. Anybody knows how to get contacts on the phone without going through google sync ? cuz im on a trip right now with a foreign pay as you go sim card and no data plan and if i cant have wifi either then im stuck without contacts...

Killadude

Jun 3, 2009
Ottawa
Xiaomi Mi 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
Oh well, no worries. Anybody knows how to get contacts on the phone without going through google sync ? cuz im on a trip right now with a foreign pay as you go sim card and no data plan and if i cant have wifi either then im stuck without contacts...

i guess ull have to go back to your origanal rom using the nandriod back up if you want to use wifi, cuz all the other roms, except the daldroid ones have been giving me probles with wifi.....

k4r1m

Jun 4, 2009
Montreal
This website lists the access point settings.
My APN settings are different they are the ones that came on the the phone which i just wrote down before doing anything... its just one apn and it goes like this
Code:
name:Rogers
apn: rogers-core-appl1.apn
no proxy
no port
no username
no password
no server
mmsc: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
mms proxy: 10.128.1.69
mms port: 80
mcc: 302
mnc: 720
apn type: not set

ranxoren

Aug 16, 2007
So even the adb push with the wifi fix from the other rom wont work ? Or did you try your older wifi file that didnt work on the other rom either ?
I would try right now but I just got around installing the other one.
Care to test it out ? If not ill try tomorrow. Its almost 1am here and im going to bed.

Killadude

Jun 3, 2009
Ottawa
Xiaomi Mi 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
the problem i have now is altought this image works its not rooted, so the way i did the adb push was to first reboot using the recovery image and then when in there i did the adb push of the wlan.ko because the recovery image allows root acess.

I tried the same method with the new wlan.ko that was provided but again failed to start wifi, if someonce could root this rom for the rogers itll probably work... (hINT hINT senior members, im still a noob in that area...)

UPDATE using Amon_RA's rooted boot.img from the rogers magic boot i tried and the device came up to to the home screen, id did get root acess, but when i tried to push it said the device was full....

Last edited:

ranxoren

Aug 16, 2007
Ill try getting the wifi working on this one today too but i barely know what im doing (and thats thanks to Amon_RA's links - without them id be completely clueless haha).

colapticus

May 4, 2008
now if we can only figure out WIFI!

anyone found a way to get a working wland.ko file succesffly pushed and working on their install?

ranxoren

Aug 16, 2007
the problem i have now is altought this image works its not rooted, so the way i did the adb push was to first reboot using the recovery image and then when in there i did the adb push of the wlan.ko because the recovery image allows root acess.

I tried the same method with the new wlan.ko that was provided but again failed to start wifi, if someonce could root this rom for the rogers itll probably work... (hINT hINT senior members, im still a noob in that area...)

UPDATE using Amon_RA's rooted boot.img from the rogers magic boot i tried and the device came up to to the home screen, id did get root acess, but when i tried to push it said the device was full....

Just got around reading your update from last night. "Device is full" ? hmmm i dont get this one ... Ill try that way too.