[ICONS] ★ HTC Sensation ★ Notification Icons Colored Pack V7 (Static) & V8 (Animated)

Search This thread

Fightspit

May 13, 2010
Paris
[ICONS] ★ HTC Sensation ★ Notification Icons Colored Pack V7 (Static) & V8 (Animated)

Hi all !
This is the 1st theme thread for the HTC Sensation !

These icons come from the HTC Sensation ROM and from my previous works.
Actually, I edit some icons by coloring them or adding some new images.

IMPORTANT:
Please note that these icons are from Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
If you want to use them in a ROM with Android 2.1.x (Eclair) or 2.2.x (Froyo),
you have to move the icons from the systemUI.apk folder (in the zip file below) to your framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources depending on your ROM.

• Notification Icons colored PACK V7
    • Transparent Background
      Suitable for all HTC HDPI devices (Desire series, EVO series, etc...) and other phones ;)
    • Zip File Name: icons_color_pack7_htc.zip
    • Screenshot

IrznC.png

• Notification Icons colored PACK V8
    • Icons from the color pack V7
    • ANIMATED Icons on:
      • Data connections : 1X, EvDo, G, E, 3G, H, eH, 3G+, 4G H+ & 4G LTE (in, out & both)*
        bCqd5.gif

3Zx8o.gif

bER9R.gif
      • Phone signals: No signal, GSM, CDMA, EVDO & Roaming (R & Triangle)*
        signal.gif

signalr.gif
      • Wifi in range*
        wifiinrange.gif
      • Synchronization
        sync.gif
      • GPS
        gps.gif
      • Download & upload animation.
        downloadbp.gif
        uploady.gif
    • Zip File Name: icons_color_pack8_htc.zip

* : Never done before in the WORLD (except you prove it already exists ;) )

/!\ WARNING /!\

You have to delete the following icons (of the list below) in your decompiled Android framework (framework-res.apk in /system/framework/) and System UI framework (systemUI.apk in /system/app/) in the drawable-hdpi folder before installing the "Icons colored Pack V8":​
  • In the framework-res.apk
    • ALL stat_sys_signal_*.png
    • ALL stat_sys_r_signal_*.png
    • ALL stat_sys_ra_signal_*.png
  • In the systemUI.apk (framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources for Android 2.1.x & 2.2.x)
    • ALL cdma_sys_4signal_*.png
    • ALL cdma_sys_6signal_*.png
    • ALL cdma_sys_data_in_*.png (1X, EvDo & 3G)
    • ALL cdma_sys_data_inandout_*.png (1X, EvDo & 3G)
    • ALL cdma_sys_data_out_*.png (1X, EvDo & 3G)
    • ALL cdma_sys_r_4signal_*.png
    • ALL cdma_sys_r_6signal_*.png
    • ALL stat_sys_5signal_*.png
    • ALL stat_sys_data_in_*.png (1X, G, E, 3G, H, eH, 3G+, 4G H+, 4G LTE)
    • ALL stat_sys_data_inandout_*.png (1X, G, E, 3G, H, eH, 3G+, 4G H+, 4G LTE)
    • ALL stat_sys_data_out_*.png (1X, G, E, 3G, H, eH, 3G+, 4G H+, 4G LTE)
    • ALL stat_sys_r_5signal_*.png
    • stat_sys_signal_null.png
    • stat_sys_5signal_null.png
    • stat_sys_6signal_null.png
    • stat_notify_sync_anim0.png
    • stat_notify_wifi_in_range.png
    The zip file contains all the xml files you need to place in the drawable folder.

Attachments

• icons_color_pack7_htc.zip
    219.8 KB · Views: 1,139
  • icons_color_pack8_htc.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1,582
  • 4g_icons_Tmobile_US_for_v7.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 4g_icons_Tmobile_US_for_v8.zip
    42.5 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

Fightspit

May 13, 2010
Paris
HOW-TO install these icons

• Manually
    There is a simple and easy to use tool about editing your current framework in order to make your custom one available in this link:
    THEME PRO
    or
    APK MANAGER
    All the icons (.png format) should be placed in the drawable-hdpi folder.
    All the xml files should be placed in the drawable folder.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks to orb3000, the XDA news writer, this thread is featured on XDA developer news website :)
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/htc-sensation-notification-icons-pack-for-android/

Last edited:

Fightspit

May 13, 2010
Paris
can this be implemented on a non-htc phone? would look stunning on my atrix.

Brief answer, Yes but please check if some icons can be used or not in your phone's UI. Actually, each manufacturer has their own way to make their own icons. At worst, you have to rename the icons.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Last edited:

Fightspit

May 13, 2010
Paris
Love this, will give it a go tonite.

Any way to build this into a recovery-flashable zip, as opposed to manually replacing the files?

I am not going to make a flashable zip because it depends on your framework (there are billions different frameworks available in XDA forum). Btw, you can try the famous UOT kitchen to install it after you upload your framework there. I made this thread for Rom/Theme developers and advanced users who want to build manually their own framework.

Last edited:

szallah

May 3, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
since i'm coming from a milestone and yet not experienced with htc-modding, is it possible to push those icons via metamorph? (in my case on rooted desire s)
would be an easy way of changing those elements... :)

Hitch_Itch

Dec 13, 2010
I have been hoping for something like this.
I have recently flashed the new ginger rom leak, I love the rom but hate the stock notification icons.
It looks as if I have to install these manually from reading above. I definitely want the animated ones, seems I need to delete some stock stuff first.

Great Job! Thank you,
I will spread the word on this!

Jun 19, 2010
www.how2droid.com
Meant to ask, I make the EpicBlue series of themes for the D1/D2/D2G/DX over on DF.net (stetsonaw over there).

What I would like to know is if themers have permission to use this in their themes as releases, of course crediting you, but changing out images to match?

Fightspit

May 13, 2010
Paris
Meant to ask, I make the EpicBlue series of themes for the D1/D2/D2G/DX over on DF.net (stetsonaw over there).

What I would like to know is if themers have permission to use this in their themes as releases, of course crediting you, but changing out images to match?

Yes of course :)
I made this thread especially for that ;)

Fightspit

May 13, 2010
Paris
since i'm coming from a milestone and yet not experienced with htc-modding, is it possible to push those icons via metamorph? (in my case on rooted desire s)
would be an easy way of changing those elements... :)

You can use it with metamorph but you may have to do some tweeks. Actually, don't try to make a blind copy & paste ^^. Just check the icons filename.

Last edited:

transitoyspace

May 22, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
so i tried editing my frameworkres apk
i opened it in 7zip and drag and dropped(made sure filename and extensions, and resolution was all the same) and i let 7zip repackage it
tried installing rom...but now i get a force close whenever i go into settings or any kind.

do i need to resign or is there some other way of doing.

gear.h34d.2012

Jun 15, 2010
So this is quite possibly a noobish question, but this'll be the first time I attempt to push notification icons to my phone. I can push these to CM7 can I not?

Fightspit

May 13, 2010
Paris
To all people who try to push the icons manually in the framework:

You have to decompile the frameworks apk (systemUI, framework-res, com.htc.resources, touchwiz and so on...) to install the icons.

==>> Look at the 2nd post I updated.

Please note that decompiling is NOT like unzipping even the last method may work (only for icons V7 and impossible for V8 ones) for some users but it is a very dirty way to install these icons.

cyber_pete

Jan 12, 2008
San Mateo, CA
It seems like there are several people here that know what they are doing. I am new to theming but not Android. When I use the files in the OP everything works great. I wanted to try creating my own mods, but I keep running into an issue when recompiling. I am using Apk Manager 5, and I thought I would start with something simpke, so I decided to try to do an animated battery charging. I add the image files to the correct drawable folder and replace the battery charger xml in the main drawable folder, both in framework-res.apk. When I recompile, using option 11, I get an error. It is very long and refers to the image files not being declared, but they are all there in the new xml. I have searched all over for the answer. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi all !
    This is the 1st theme thread for the HTC Sensation !

These icons come from the HTC Sensation ROM and from my previous works.
    Actually, I edit some icons by coloring them or adding some new images.

IMPORTANT:
    Please note that these icons are from Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
    If you want to use them in a ROM with Android 2.1.x (Eclair) or 2.2.x (Froyo),
    you have to move the icons from the systemUI.apk folder (in the zip file below) to your framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources depending on your ROM.

• Notification Icons colored PACK V7
      • Transparent Background
        Suitable for all HTC HDPI devices (Desire series, EVO series, etc...) and other phones ;)
      • Zip File Name: icons_color_pack7_htc.zip
      • Screenshot

IrznC.png

• Notification Icons colored PACK V8
      • Icons from the color pack V7
      • ANIMATED Icons on:
        • Data connections : 1X, EvDo, G, E, 3G, H, eH, 3G+, 4G H+ & 4G LTE (in, out & both)*
          bCqd5.gif

3Zx8o.gif

bER9R.gif
        • Phone signals: No signal, GSM, CDMA, EVDO & Roaming (R & Triangle)*
          signal.gif

signalr.gif
        • Wifi in range*
          wifiinrange.gif
        • Synchronization
          sync.gif
        • GPS
          gps.gif
        • Download & upload animation.
          downloadbp.gif
          uploady.gif
      • Zip File Name: icons_color_pack8_htc.zip

* : Never done before in the WORLD (except you prove it already exists ;) )

/!\ WARNING /!\

You have to delete the following icons (of the list below) in your decompiled Android framework (framework-res.apk in /system/framework/) and System UI framework (systemUI.apk in /system/app/) in the drawable-hdpi folder before installing the "Icons colored Pack V8":​
    • In the framework-res.apk
      • ALL stat_sys_ra_signal_*.png
    • In the systemUI.apk (framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources for Android 2.1.x & 2.2.x)
      • ALL cdma_sys_4signal_*.png
      • ALL cdma_sys_6signal_*.png
      • ALL cdma_sys_data_in_*.png (1X, EvDo & 3G)
      • ALL cdma_sys_data_inandout_*.png (1X, EvDo & 3G)
      • ALL cdma_sys_data_out_*.png (1X, EvDo & 3G)
      • ALL cdma_sys_r_4signal_*.png
      • ALL cdma_sys_r_6signal_*.png
      • ALL stat_sys_5signal_*.png
      • ALL stat_sys_data_in_*.png (1X, G, E, 3G, H, eH, 3G+, 4G H+, 4G LTE)
      • ALL stat_sys_data_inandout_*.png (1X, G, E, 3G, H, eH, 3G+, 4G H+, 4G LTE)
      • ALL stat_sys_data_out_*.png (1X, G, E, 3G, H, eH, 3G+, 4G H+, 4G LTE)
      • ALL stat_sys_r_5signal_*.png
      • stat_sys_signal_null.png
      • stat_sys_5signal_null.png
      • stat_sys_6signal_null.png
      • stat_notify_sync_anim0.png
      • stat_notify_wifi_in_range.png
      The zip file contains all the xml files you need to place in the drawable folder.
    A lot of finished themes have bad .9.png files. makes it a bit tougher. Best bet is to either go through and find/fix the bad .9.png images, or pull .9's from an unthemed framework, put them in your themed one, then after compiling the theme, drop the themed ones back in.
    A lot of finished themes have bad .9.png files. makes it a bit tougher. Best bet is to either go through and find/fix the bad .9.png images, or pull .9's from an unthemed framework, put them in your themed one, then after compiling the theme, drop the themed ones back in.

I absolutely confirm that. I experienced that too many time in my battery mod thread where a lot of people come with their framework badly themed by the ones who called themself a "theme developer"... -_-'