Gmail crashing

Search This thread

ssl123

Feb 18, 2012
I have had this since updating to ICS. The problem seems to pop up when you press on a notification message to go into an email app, particularly Gmail. Once you get the problem, you have to reboot for it to really go away. I've stopped pressing on the notifications to go into email and that has appeared to help, but my main account is not Gmail so I'm not using Gmail regularly to know for sure. Also, if you are using the Gmail widget, some people say that, after the ICS update, you should remove the old Gmail widget from your homescreen and add it again.

domesdkg

Oct 4, 2010
Tokyo
I'm having the same issue... has anyone found any solid fixes? If not, maybe pressure should be put on ASUS to remedy the issue, they clearly didn't get the update quite right.

wingzero2085

Feb 27, 2011
My Gmail app crashes (actually 'hangs' would be a better description of what happens with mine), but never so badly that I have to reboot -- usually just a force close inside settings does the trick for me.

fldude99

Oct 13, 2010
I've found that when using the wake lock app, not only does it prevent the random reboots, etc, but Gmail seems to behave as well. Soon as I disable wake lock, its not long until gmail acts up

markculton

Sep 1, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
I've found that when using the wake lock app, not only does it prevent the random reboots, etc, but Gmail seems to behave as well. Soon as I disable wake lock, its not long until gmail acts up

I have found the exact opposite with wake lock. When I have it running, my gmail acts up. Since I deleted it I have been alright.??

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

markculton

Sep 1, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
I have fixed permissions, and it only worked for a while. It seems everything I have tried only works for a while and then the problem comes back. It also seems that on a fresh reboot there is no problem, but after numerous hours the problem comes back?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

fldude99

Oct 13, 2010
I have fixed permissions, and it only worked for a while. It seems everything I have tried only works for a while and then the problem comes back. It also seems that on a fresh reboot there is no problem, but after numerous hours the problem comes back?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's the behavior I get. Less frequently when using wakelock

ferparedes

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
Yeah, I'm seriously considering going back to HC. ICS seems more snappy but that becomes moot when we have RR's, SOD's and gMail crashing left and right.

What a shame. ICS on my *unsupported* SGS runs like a charm. WTF happened that on a device which gets an "official" ICS has such great problems.. :confused:

domesdkg

Oct 4, 2010
Tokyo
What a shame. ICS on my *unsupported* SGS runs like a charm. WTF happened that on a device which gets an "official" ICS has such great problems.. :confused:[/QUOTE}

Completely agree with you. Asus released another update today, but my gmail still crashes left and right. Apparently it breaks root too, so now I can't go over to CM9 like I really want to...

radiusmax

Aug 1, 2007
I was having random Gmail crashes and slowness also with ICS. The firmware update yesterday seems to have resolved any issues I was having with Gmail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have the transitions option under "developer options". I think that the native client is a work around but I just want my tablet to work as it 'should', thank you for the recommendations.

I agree 100% - our tablets should just work! But, for now, workarounds are all we have until Asus fixes some issues with ICS...

Anyway, the options under Developer Options are:

Window Animation Scale
    Transition Animation Scale

If you set them to "Animation Off" it may help (plus, it makes everything seem faster as screens just instantly appear now). Apparently, the underlying issue is really an issue with OpenGL, which these animations use (as well as the Gmail app and other apps).

Again, certainly not a fix, but just some some possible 'workarounds' to help make the device more useful until Asus gets these issues fixed...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2