[Q] Bad GPS on my SOLA

Search This thread

ivanke

Aug 23, 2008
My Sola (6.1.1.B.1.54) can hardly get GPS fixes. He finds in a few seconds 10-12 satellites, but is takes him outside the door very often more the 10 minutes to get fixes. A factory reset did not help. Each time that I start my phone, it takes him 10--15 minutes to get a fix. Thereafter if I try it again, sometimes it is the same story but mostly it goes much faster.
Can it be a software problem? If yes, how can I fix it? I've read somewhere that this is a bug of SONY ICS. If it's true is there anything to do?

-scarface-

Oct 9, 2012
My Sola (6.1.1.B.1.54) can hardly get GPS fixes. He finds in a few seconds 10-12 satellites, but is takes him outside the door very often more the 10 minutes to get fixes. A factory reset did not help. Each time that I start my phone, it takes him 10--15 minutes to get a fix. Thereafter if I try it again, sometimes it is the same story but mostly it goes much faster.
Can it be a software problem? If yes, how can I fix it? I've read somewhere that this is a bug of SONY ICS. If it's true is there anything to do?

try to repair software with Sony PC Companion(backup your data)

-scarface-

Oct 9, 2012
What does it mean? Backup and restore should repair my problem? If so, I'll try it.

not backup and restore... but repairing software thru PC Companion, search on google for "Sony PC Companion" download it-->open it-->Start Support Zone--> repair software and follow instructions (backup all your data) because it will get lost. Due repairing u will get new fresh firmware and it should fix your problem since u will be back on stock ICS

ivanke

Aug 23, 2008
not backup and restore... but repairing software thru PC Companion, search on google for "Sony PC Companion" download it-->open it-->Start Support Zone--> repair software and follow instructions (backup all your data) because it will get lost. Due repairing u will get new fresh firmware and it should fix your problem since u will be back on stock ICS
I don't understand this. I've just installed the latest version (2_10_165) of Sony PC Companion. If I start Support Zone I see 3 options: Update, Recycle and Xperia Care. There is no "Repair Software". Are there other versions of PC Companion?

-scarface-

Oct 9, 2012
I don't understand this. I've just installed the latest version (2_10_165) of Sony PC Companion. If I start Support Zone I see 3 options: Update, Recycle and Xperia Care. There is no "Repair Software". Are there other versions of PC Companion?

my bad. I misspelled, u need to proceed with Support Zone -->Phone/Tablet Software Update and then repair my phone/tablet and follow instructions ;) remeber to make data backup.

ivanke

Aug 23, 2008
my bad. I misspelled, u need to proceed with Support Zone -->Phone/Tablet Software Update and then repair my phone/tablet and follow instructions ;) remeber to make data backup.
Thanks a lot. I've done it, but nithing has been changed, I'll send my phone to a Sony service centre.