[Q] Getting the same AT&T system text over and over

Search This thread

Notacop

Jul 15, 2007
Central Illinois
Since I performed the latest "security update" I have been getting the same text. It seems to happen anytime I transition from wifi to LTE or from no signal to signal.

It is from "74611888" and it says: "Free Message: AT&T AllAccess activated - learn more at att.com/allaccess xxxxxx-nnnnnn"

The x's are random numbers and n's are random letters. I assume it is some sort of validation message but somehow it must be stuck. I got the same message the first day I got the phone (a month ago) but none since then until the update.

Any ideas on what is happening?

CrisYouSasyMedic

Mar 4, 2015
Same text over and over

Since I performed the latest "security update" I have been getting the same text. It seems to happen anytime I transition from wifi to LTE or from no signal to signal.

It is from "74611888" and it says: "Free Message: AT&T AllAccess activated - learn more at att.com/allaccess xxxxxx-nnnnnn"

The x's are random numbers and n's are random letters. I assume it is some sort of validation message but somehow it must be stuck. I got the same message the first day I got the phone (a month ago) but none since then until the update.

Any ideas on what is happening?

It is not stuck. what it is is horrible. I don't have an android or anything. I have a simple Go Phone that I needed for emergencies but I can't even leave it on. I get on the average of 4 of these text messages a day saying "Free message:AT&T AllAccess activated - learn more at att.com/allaccess) I get them at 1:20 in the morning and late at night. I have a sick person in my family and really needed to leave it on but I can't be awaken in the middle of the night all the time. I have called customer service numerous times and visited the AT&T store to try and get them stopped, nothing stops them. I thought that we had some rights to chose whether or not we want unwanted ads. I cannot even activate that all access with a Go Phone. sounds like you did and are still having problems. I'm hoping someone out there knows how to get rid of it.