[WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

Search This thread

Josephdbrewer25

Aug 8, 2014
Bainbridge, ga
Cricket Dream 5G
How does performance compare to the Jelly Bean ROM?
It is faster or laggier?

Cm10.1 is jellybean. Android 4.2 i believe.

Steeldroid's ICS is the best one ive used besides stock. Jellybean and kitkat seems slow while on wifi. While off wifi its decent for me. But every droid 3's performance is different. Like with liquidsmooth jellybean and kitkat on mine the cpu max is 1200 mhz but on my sister's its only 1000 mhz. Its weird.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

i've solved the mount issue from the instalation manual in cyanogen website
using adb command methods of pushing the cm zip and gapps file from laptop to root directory,
adb push creates cache in the slot 1 root folder, now the cache radio button are select able and normal.

The deleting and recreating the slot is all i know to do, worked for me atleast. Guess i need to learn more about adb.

jspdjanggo

Jan 17, 2013
jakarta
yes i've done delete and create the slot earlier,.
but the 'unable to mount cache' is still showing in safestrap terminal details,.
thats why i over looked again to cyanogen how to instal tutorial page,.
and i try it from adb step,. just to push the file so that cache can be created,.
thats whats my experience solving the mount issue,.
offcourse other flasher might be luckier than me hehe

OOT,.
The cm 10.1 build 0216 nightly seems unstable for me,.
battery drains and the phone is heated above 50 degree celcius
also apps not responding normal often the trebuchet service launcher is failing
the wait and close popup came out also often and few other irragularities, such as process and ui,.
and then i try to tweak the build.props and kernel, cpu profiles see if thing are getting better,.
the result not making the phone usage better,
from 100% battery goes to 0% within about 2hours of minimal usage and standby because its not responsive,.
i have mod the battery from 1450 Mha to 3700 Mha from local service in my town,.
my expectation is to have more hours of using the phone,.
do you have recommendation of the kernel and build.prop values ?

how to have the cm10.1 more useful and to compare with what i read about steeldroid
that has many hours battery lasting and cmiiw the camera works in steel droid ?

Cm10.1 is jellybean. Android 4.2 i believe.

Steeldroid's ICS is the best one ive used besides stock. Jellybean and kitkat seems slow while on wifi. While off wifi its decent for me. But every droid 3's performance is different. Like with liquidsmooth jellybean and kitkat on mine the cpu max is 1200 mhz but on my sister's its only 1000 mhz. Its weird.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

The deleting and recreating the slot is all i know to do, worked for me atleast. Guess i need to learn more about adb.

Last edited:

Josephdbrewer25

Aug 8, 2014
Bainbridge, ga
Cricket Dream 5G
yes i've done delete and create the slot earlier,.
but the 'unable to mount cache' is still showing in safestrap terminal details,.
thats why i over looked again to cyanogen how to instal tutorial page,.
and i try it from adb step,. just to push the file so that cache can be created,.
thats whats my experience solving the mount issue,.
offcourse other flasher might be luckier than me hehe

OOT,.
The cm 10.1 build 0216 nightly seems unstable for me,.
battery drains and the phone is heated above 50 degree celcius
also apps not responding normal often the trebuchet service launcher is failing
the wait and close popup came out also often and few other irragularities, such as process and ui,.
and then i try to tweak the build.props and kernel, cpu profiles see if thing are getting better,.
the result not making the phone usage better,
from 100% battery goes to 0% within about 2hours of minimal usage and standby because its not responsive,.
i have mod the battery from 1450 Mha to 3700 Mha from local service in my town,.
my expectation is to have more hours of using the phone,.
do you have recommendation of the kernel and build.prop values ?

how to have the cm10.1 more useful and to compare with what i read about steeldroid
that has many hours battery lasting and cmiiw the camera works in steel droid ?

I tried cm10.1 but it was unstable even after tweaking. I just deleted it and tried kitkat. Steeldroids ics, the camera halfway works but sadly anything after 4.0 the camera doesn't work
There is one thing I didn't try on cm10.1, using a swap partition. Works on kitkat
:D

Last edited:

jspdjanggo

Jan 17, 2013
jakarta
which one is the cyanogen kitkat for the d3 ?
as in the cyanogen website, i can only see NIGHTLY 2014 JB there,.

In between this reply ive just now flashed SD3 5600 OC,.
the phone works just the way i want it to be, thats good enough
yes off course no camera or with camera that's even better,.
so that i can give more time to other activity with out worrying the D3,.
CM, LS, SD, AOKP, MAV are to be flashed in Safestrap,.
now im having in about 2 OS of 4 slot available in a single machine !

Though Steel Droid is an ICS and not JB or KK, it rocks :D

I tried cm10.1 but it was unstable even after tweaking. I just deleted it and tried kitkat. Steeldroids ics, the camera halfway works but sadly anything after 4.0 the camera doesn't work
There is one thing I didn't try on cm10.1, using a swap partition. Works on kitkat
:D

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
There is no Official CM11

Only D3 KitKit rom I know will boot is LS-KK-v3.0-2014-03-10-solana

Josephdbrewer25

Aug 8, 2014
Bainbridge, ga
Cricket Dream 5G

@sd_shadow I have a Kitkat ROM uploaded to mega. Its cm11 unoffcial, Android 4.4.4
Kitkat ROM => https://mega.co.nz/#!VA5VlbLC!l00-4kfvJRs9ja6YzbyDzth1pINWy_4DYAd_-1d34dM
Gapps=> https://mega.co.nz/#!FF5hzTLb!k6dtabatTC2Y9qgyjGMaEAGrLW_UUTZwjvIQx3Ra2HI
Here's the original download link for the ROM=> https://yadi.sk/d/J1fCNC3MdkrdZ

windoge89

Apr 20, 2015
Mount Airy
Are you running that on Verizon? My Droid 3 is SIM unlocked to work on ATT and T-Mobile, and because of that the Droid 4 wasn't an option for me because it didn't seem possible to unlock it for GSM.

On a note completely unrelated to this post, do you have a copy of safestrap for the droid 3 you could upload somewhere? I can't find it anywhere unfortunately.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jellybean 4.2.2 for the Droid 3

[ CURRENTLY THIS ROM REQUIRES A ROM-SLOT1 INSTALL IN SAFESTRAP ]

[ ALL Jellybean 4.2.x ROMs should be using 20130301 GApps: http://goo.im/gapps ]

OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2): [NIGHTLIES]
    http://www.get.cm/?device=solana&type=nightly
    [03/06] - BT/Speakerphone Fix in next nightly(thanks DHacker)
    [02/26] - HWcomposer API 1.0 (JB-MR1 compliant)
    [02/26] - HD codec fixes
    [02/26] - Kernel updates / bugfixes for clock management, battery drain and stability
    [02/26] - Android 4.2.2 merged into CM10.1
    [01/23] - MMS fix (sending from native Messaging app)
    [01/20] - Keyboard Backlight fixes (tied to the front button backlight for now)
    [01/18] - Fixed incoming call bug
    [01/16] - Fixed bluetooth for device starting. Audio is still bad.

OLDER CyanogenMod 10.1:
    http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/solana/cm10.1/

AOKP (Android 4.2.2): [B5]
    http://aokp.co/supported-devices/?id=58&device=solana

Official release: [GETTING REBUILT FOR BOOT ISSUE]
    [03/06] - BT/Speakerphone Fix -- need to get a new build up(thanks DHacker)
    [03/05] - Official Release Build #5
    [02/26] - Official Release Build #4
    [02/26] - HWcomposer API 1.0 (JB-MR1 compliant)
    [02/26] - HD codec fixes
    [02/26] - Kernel updates / bugfixes for clock management, battery drain and stability

OLDER AOKP:
    http://goo.im/devs/hashcode/solana/aokp/

CyanogenMod 10:
    http://goo.im/devs/hashcode/solana/cm10/

USING WITH GSM INFORMATION FOUND HERE (by Skreelink):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34057016&postcount=1

ICS BUILDS:

CyanogenMod 9:
    http://goo.im/devs/hashcode/solana/cm9/
    ** NOTE: I Kept the HD Codecs alive in this build. I realize they are laggy and need work to reduce the memory impact.

KERNEL NOTES:

This is the same kexec kernel used in the CM9 builds, so expect all of the same issues (see below):
    - No Camera
    Re: [WIP][KERNEL][KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [01/23: MMS/Kbd Backlight FIX]

Hi guys,
    A quick update on what I'm doing atm.

I've been taking the kexec kernel and walking back through every problem that it is currently having.

This includes the high battery drain, and other "oddness" only present after kexec.

Right now I'm working on the current kernel code, but I may go back and do a completely new build up of the kernel starting back from the 3.0.8 RAZR kernel again and work my way forward applying all of the fixes I have in the current branch.

This would create a much nicer git history helping to maintain the kernel in the future.

TL;DR: All of the current bugs in the kexec kernel have been identified and Im working on fixes. There is still no fix for the camera due to proprietary files which dont exist for the 3.0 kernel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Just a side note today: I've fixed the download links in the OP. No new builds out (yet).

Also, I've been working with DHacker to restructure our hosting / downloads site: rombot.org (formerly rombot.droidhive.com)

The goal was for stability and added features.
    - Downloads at: http://files.rombot.org/
    - Bugtracker (in progress) at: http://bugzilla.rombot.org/
    - (Needs fixing) Gitweb tracker for the Android source projects we work on
    - Basic support forums for the devices that I work on
    - And eventually I'll be migrating my blog postings over to rombot.org as well.

FYI: I will also continue to maintain the threads here at XDA and other active Droid 3 websites.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
    UPDATED: 2013-02-26

CURRENT DROID 3 DEVELOPMENT:

CAMERA NOTES:
    ** I would never expect the camera to be fully functioning. I am working several avenues to get a functional camera on the Droid 3, but they're all sketchy at best. Just know that if you choose to flash custom ROMs w/ newer OS versions: You won't have a camera.
    ** Did I say don't expect the camera to be fixed? If it was to be fixed, trust me, you'll see me all over the boards, twitter and the social universe telling people about it.
    ** There are other devs now working on the kexec kernel and it's possible that they can get some basic camera functionality through kernel drivers. It's quite complicated and there are no public data sheets which describe the sensor functions in great detail for our devices.
    ** Don't expect the camera to be fixed.

CHANGES OVER THE LAST MONTH:

BATTERY LIFE / KERNEL BUGFIXES:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/kernel_mapphone_kexec/commits/3.0.31
    - Several internal clocks which were left active are now turned off as they should be. (since they're un-used)
    - IPI/LOCAL timers were re-enabled in the kernel. These are interrupt driven timers which help trigger various drivers for updates.
    - Bugfixes to allow other lower level functions to run in the kernel as well like gpmc
    - I've fixed the kernel bootlog recovery driver (/proc/last_kmsg) so that this now works in our kexec kernel. This is a copy of the last kernel bootlog from a prior boot. So if you crash, please reboot and pull /proc/last_kmsg with adb and send me a log via email: hashcode0f at gmail.com
    - Removed a hack to initiate the sound driver, causing it to stay active all of the time in the background. It now starts normally and suspends normally. (Thanks to kfazz for the fix).

JB-MR1 DEVICE UPDATES WITH OMAPZOOM:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/android_device_motorola_solana/commits/jb-mr1
    - hwcomposer now updated to API1.0
    - domx (HD codec) code updated to the latest sources

CHANGES OVER THE NEXT MONTH:
    - I'm taking the kexec kernel back to the beginning and re-merging Motorola's changes with the Texas Instrument changes that are needed to run the kernel on the Droid 3: memory allocations, HD codec binary changes, etc.
    - This process is already 3-4 weeks in the running, and will be another 2-3 weeks before it's done.
    - Once that kernel source is ready for prime-time, I'm going to swap the Droid 3 over to the new kernel source.

WHY DO THIS?
    - By taking the time to create a full kernel history (from omapzoom) and integrate the Motorola changes into it, I can then migrate the kernel sources forward in a nice orderly manner cherry-picking new kernel commits directly from Omapzoom.
    - This should make for a much cleaner / more stable kexec kernel in the future. And allows other devs to see where I'm going w/ kernel development so that they can add to it. Each file shows how it was edited and by who so it's more transparent where Motorola made their changes to the original TI kernel.

BATTERY DRAIN AND WHEN WILL IT BE "FIXED":
    - The current kernel cannot put the UART ports to sleep like a normally booted kernel can. There is an issue that happens during kexec where the clocks associated w/ the UART ports become stuck in a full enabled mode. Any attempts to place them in suspend or disable hangs the kernel. It's being looked at. Right now the device never really 100% suspends. Hence higher than normal battery usage.

"OFFICIAL" ____ (AOKP/CM) MEANS WORKING CAMERA/BLUETOOTH AUDIO RIGHT?
    - No. Actually "official" just means you can repo init the source straight from either AOKP/CM and build the device w/o worrying too much about extra sources or patches, etc.
    - "Official" also means automated builds for the device (in some fashion). Currently for AOKP it's every 2-3 weeks and for CM it's nightly. These have the benefit of including any changes to the ROM automatically.
    - The device doesn't get any more devs
    - The device isn't magically fixed or more stable

Just thought I'd toss that in :)
    Hi Guys,

I know there hasn't been a whole lot of progress on the D3 front. It really centers around 3 main issues with the kexec kernel that I'm working on:
    - Deep sleep issues
    - Sensor issues
    - Stability / lock ups

So, over the last few days, I took the stock RAZR kernel and cleaned it up quite a bit, trying to see if these issues would show up when booting the stock Moto ROM but with a 3.0.8 kexec kernel. Hoping to forward fort any fixes.

You can see some of this work here:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/kernel_mapphone_kexec/commits/3.0.8

Right now, I can see some sensor fixes, and possible stability improvements, but still seeing deep sleep issues.

So, I'll keep hacking away on it.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2