[Q] Latest Kindle App Constant Force Close

Search This thread

baymon

Jan 10, 2005
Houston, TX
Does anyone else experience this issue on the latest version of the Kindle Android App?

I've tried everything I can, clearing cache, clearing data, uninstalling, rolling back to previous version, fixed permission - nothing seemed to work.

I thought that it's a bad update, but I try the same version on my tablet and it runs fine. So I wonder if it's specific to the note 3....

I'm on stock ROM but rooted. Couple days ago it won't even let me get to the amazon home screen. Today, I"m able to get in, but as soon as I load a book it'll FC.

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
Does anyone else experience this issue on the latest version of the Kindle Android App?

I've tried everything I can, clearing cache, clearing data, uninstalling, rolling back to previous version, fixed permission - nothing seemed to work.

I thought that it's a bad update, but I try the same version on my tablet and it runs fine. So I wonder if it's specific to the note 3....

I'm on stock ROM but rooted. Couple days ago it won't even let me get to the amazon home screen. Today, I"m able to get in, but as soon as I load a book it'll FC.

I haven't had this issue. But as an alternative, Samsung just released it's Kindle for Samsung app. You can get it in the Samsung Apps. It's an official Kindle app, just from Samsung. Plus you get to choose a free book every month. Check out this thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2721555

I use it now because I like the design/style better than the original Kindle app.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Lorettaa

Lorettaa

Feb 5, 2014
iloilo
LOL! What's your problem? Do I have to say I'm experiencing it too? Even I don't experience that force close thing? And what about my post count increasing? Is there a limit? Be surprised if my post count were decreasing :)

baymon

Jan 10, 2005
Houston, TX
I haven't had this issue. But as an alternative, Samsung just released it's Kindle for Samsung app. You can get it in the Samsung Apps. It's an official Kindle app, just from Samsung. Plus you get to choose a free book every month. Check out this thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2721555

I use it now because I like the design/style better than the original Kindle app.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, this one works. I still don't know why the version from amazon/google play craps out on me like that.

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
WOW, hey everyone, it works fine for this person, nothing to see here!

How's that post count increasing going for you? Got enough yet?

Sent from my leanKernel 2.4 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T

Actually, if you read the original post, the OP asks specifically if anyone else is having issues with the Kindle app. That's why I started my post above with "I haven't had this issue."

It's really not necessary to attack people for answering someone's question, especially when your post added even less with respect to helping the OP.

LOL! What's your problem? Do I have to say I'm experiencing it too? Even I don't experience that force close thing? And what about my post count increasing? Is there a limit? Be surprised if my post count were decreasing :)

I think this is the beginning of Kanly - the art of vendetta.

Sorry, i'm still reading the Dune series. Plus I watched the 4 hour extended edition last night until 4am. :laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Thank you, this one works. I still don't know why the version from amazon/google play craps out on me like that.

I'm glad that works. Don't forget your free book every month. :)

Reactions: Lorettaa

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011

Hope that helps.

Wasn't having a problem with the amazon app, but thanks for the tip on the samsung version! Anything free is worth it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope that helps.
    Works fine with me and I haven't experienced it yet.

Actually, if you read the original post, the OP asks specifically if anyone else is having issues with the Kindle app. That's why I started my post above with "I haven't had this issue."

It's really not necessary to attack people for answering someone's question, especially when your post added even less with respect to helping the OP.

I think this is the beginning of Kanly - the art of vendetta.

Sorry, i'm still reading the Dune series. Plus I watched the 4 hour extended edition last night until 4am. :laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I'm glad that works. Don't forget your free book every month. :)