[Q] Phone works but barely usable

Search This thread

upsetshrimp

May 13, 2014
OK so i have an I9300. for about a year now i think, maybe more.
And up until lately it worked relatively fine, but lately It started to gradually become unbearably crashy and annoying.
the camera very often crashes, leaving me with an "Unable to connect to camera" message, and only after a reboot does the camera work again. it used to happen scarcely, but now i can barely take 2-4 pictures before having to reboot.
Talking about rebooting, Not only do i get random reboots all the time, but after every reboot (not just the random ones) I get a UI crash after UI crash and the only way to fix it is by locking the screen and waiting,
Usage is extremely slow, to the point where launching whatsapp takes up to 5 seconds.
I amusing the cm11 nightlies but i get this with every ROM, I've tried updating cm11 and still nothing. wiping cache and data-also nothing.
the only escape now is full SD card format, but I'm scared to do that getting the same errors after it.
Could you help me figure out what's wrong with my phone? it's the only one i have and it's unusable.
I'm scared it's a hardware problem - that i cannot fix. but the signs are all there: the errors persist through formats (i formatted once about two months ago to no avail) and wipes and reflashes.
If you need any additional details about my system that i forgot to mention, ask me obviously!

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
I'm guessing you have an i9300 and running cm11? That's what's in you're post so I'll go with that...cm11 is not stable enough atm. That will Explain the reboots from time to time. Best thing for you to do at this time is as always...go back to stock with Odin. Test it. Same reboots?? Back up and format you're int SD and flash again stock firmware with Odin. Still rebooting?? Possible hardware issue.