Chaos Rings display problem on Streak 7 Honeycomb 3.2

Search This thread

zenisnotchosen

Jul 19, 2008
Dayton, OH
Has anyone else had a problem with Chaos Rings where it runs fine but the game does not run full screen and the text boxes for speech text are not aligned with the text and the characters and interactive items on the screen are out of place from the background when played on a Honeycomb tablet with a 7" screen with an LCD density of 120? If I change the density to 160 it displays fine, but that changes Honeycomb to look like Gingerbread and screws up the menus and everything else and I don't want to have to reboot the tablet every time I want to play the game. I know the game uses pre-rendered backgrounds and that's probably what's causing it, but I've scoured the Web for days and found no one else with this problem or a way to fix it. My Thunderbolt with Gingerbread runs it fine as well. Someone please help!

Sent from my Streak 7 using witchcraft

Last edited:

tlayn

Apr 13, 2011
Has anyone else had a problem with Chaos Rings where it runs fine but the game does not run full screen and the text boxes for speech text are not aligned with the text and the characters and interactive items on the screen are out of place from the background when played on a Honeycomb tablet with a 7" screen with an LCD density of 120? If I change the density to 160 it displays fine, but that changes Honeycomb to look like Gingerbread and screws up the menus and everything else and I don't want to have to reboot the tablet every time I want to play the game. I know the game uses pre-rendered backgrounds and that's probably what's causing it, but I've scoured the Web for days and found no one else with this problem or a way to fix it. My Thunderbolt with Gingerbread runs it fine as well. Someone please help!

Sent from my Streak 7 using witchcraft

How did you fix the alignment issue?

tlayn

Apr 13, 2011
The only way to fix it is to change the DPI of your tablet to 160dpi. It doesn't run on 120dpi tablet/smartphone.

btw: If you are going to change the dpi of your device, make sure that you change the resolution as well to match up the icon, 1020x600 is best for 160 dpi on wide screen devices.