[Firmware][GT-N7000][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds // discussion thread

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Text of original post shamelessly kanged from codeworkx and edited to be appropriate for N7000. Some links may still go to I9100 stuff. If you can't figure out replacements on your own for links that go the wrong place, you shouldn't be here.

DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE FIRST FOUR POSTS OF THIS THREAD IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

- There are bugs and we know them all. Don't try to report bugs or complain about. We'll blacklist you.
- No, we don't accept feature request. We've enough work to do with fixing bugs.
- Don't ask for changelogs!
- Never ask for new builds!
- Use it or leave it!
- Don't create a ROM based upon this! Creating a ROM on a buggy and unstable base is a stupid idea!
- kkthxbye

- UI: Apps like NHK are broken
- Audio: bugs, missing features
- Camera: Recording partially broken
- FM Radio: unsupported
- TV Out: unsupported, not likely to ever work (there is small hope now but not much)
- Lots of missing and yet unimplemented features
- and a lot more

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
- Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG. If you're unsure, flash this ClockworkMod-Recovery using Odin/Heimdall.
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM10.1 zip from internal SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Reboot
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
- Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Reboot

CM10.1 unofficial builds:

20121212: http://d-h.st/u13

Google Apps:
http://goo.im/gapps

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running stock cm-kernel
- have installed any mods
- have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't meant without respect!

hePRLl.png
ViHvOl.png

qdBPyl.png
QuLybl.png

Screenshots kanged straight from codeworkx. Seriously, it's CM, the screenshots will look almost identical on all phones

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
Thanks to all donators!

Last edited:

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Things definitely broken

In addition to the stuff in OP from codeworkx:
Wifi tethering doesn't work - Bluetooth tethering does
HWComposer barely works - passes vsync and not much else. Run NHK World Live TV app and you'll see why it's broken
Lots of core non-device specific CM features are not yet reimplemented. This includes stylus gesture support, palm rejection, and control of stylus hover icon.
Camera doesn't appear on lockscreen - and it will not appear at all with many gapps packages
Audio HAL isn't fully reimplemented - no dock audio, etc.
Bluetooth SCO (calls) is busted and bluedroid spits out all sorts of bluetooth sleep control errors. We probably need to rework power management from the current mechanisms.

Last edited:

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Misc other stuff

The holidays are coming up here in the USA. I have family visiting this weekend, and will be visiting my parents for a week the following week. I have a lot of preparation to do and my laptop can't build CM, so don't expect much to happen until the new year.

Last edited:

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Expected 4.2 features you won't see

Some of the more well known features of 4.2 are in proprietary Google apps and libraries not part of AOSP. In addition they do device checks to make sure they're running on a Nexus. These include, at a minimum:

Photosphere - There are hacked versions without device checks floating around, but expect problems just like anyone else who has replaced CM camera/gallery with gapps camera/gallery APKs. Don't post here if you install these and have issues.

"swype" style keyboard - Also proprietary and not part of AOSP

Last edited:

Reynaldinho111

Mar 24, 2011
Cary, NC
Entropy, I think most of us are glad to see you still here, brother. Glad to see you taking some time off, clear your head, enjoy your family and then, come back and bang your head on the proverbial exynos 4 wall some more ;) Just know your work and the work of the other cm10 devs is greatly appreciated by many :) thanks, man.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
Happy holidays all.
Ill try this after I read the first three posts again.

Thank you, your awesomeness :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Trijunction

Feb 11, 2012
Darwin
Just can't wait to go home and try this! Anybody installed this already? How is it running?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

AA1973

I do like it for the time being very much, again a big thank you @Entropy512.
Installation went fine, restore via Play Store (via WiFi, works!)
Just installed it an hour ago, so I am about to explore the features...:)
*Concerning the camera missing on lockscreen- it can be added via lock screen feature in the settings menu. Just added it and it works fine (gapps 2012-11-30)
*Audio - no volume bug anymore! Nice.
*GPS lock - within a minute
*Quick settings (1 and 2 finger operations work) menu are gorgeous
*Theme chooser is integrated
My first impression...if it bothers anyone ;) :thumbup:
Pre-christmas present powered by Team Hacksung ... Chapeau! Merci!
Edit video recorded @1080 :eek: works as well?! :)
Edit 2: 1 video recorded @1080 √ since then, no more! Gallery FCing. Damn. Okay...

Last edited:

ritik.verma

Apr 25, 2012
*Concerning the camera missing on lockscreen- it can be added via lock screen feature in the settings menu. Just added it and it works fine (gapps 2012-11-30)

is it smooth? i mean is it usable ?

AA1973

For me it is usable, yes. But I have it up and running only for 2 hours, restoring apps via play store took some time (and other things to do ;) ), I won't judge it any further. It feels smooth to me. As I never came in touch with other devices running JB with ("real") project butter, I can't compare. But I honestly do like it already!
BTW I don't use neither an audio dock nor any Bluetooth things, so I am not bothered

Last edited:
Reactions: ritik.verma

Sarki

Dec 13, 2010
Nice
Redmi K20 Pro
rilytan are

is it smooth? i mean is it usable ?

Even though AA1973's comment seems really encouraging, I would not take these information as utterly true.

Indeed, Entropy clearly states that there are a lot of known bugs, and there's a high chance that we'll see "false positives" in the OS indicators.

Anyway, thanks a lot Entropy for your hard work, I think I can speak in the name of many of us when I say that I'm really excited at the idea of seeing CM 10.1 on the Note.

Happy holidays to you all.

Last edited:

Galaxtus

Oct 12, 2010

I think you must be the lucky one with everything working....:angel: downloading now. Lets see if i can manage all those you mentioned....:fingers-crossed:

Thank you Entropy512....and CM team...

Last edited:

eliasff

Sep 14, 2012
Testing without full wife. Till now everything is working fine. I only did: Wipe cache, wipe dalvick, install cm10.1, install gapps, Wipe cache, wipe dalvick.
Only photosphere not working. maybe because dirty install?
In the weekend I'm going to do a full wipe.

Good job Entropy.

geekynoob

Sep 25, 2011
New Delhi
Wooot.. Wooot.! Flashed it..!! its kickass..Smooth stable.. bugs.. Umm... i dint see for the time being 25 mins with me..

wifi works.. Cam works.. Video rec fc'd once but works well with Sound.. Lockscreen options can b used to select camera..!!

As mentioned.. one fingr and two fingr slide gestures are awwsome..!!

rest well i hv 70% battery to play with it.. ;)

Thanks aloooo entropy i ws looking forward to it..! happppy holidays..! :good:

Will b arnd too se and help in the progress..! :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Text of original post shamelessly kanged from codeworkx and edited to be appropriate for N7000. Some links may still go to I9100 stuff. If you can't figure out replacements on your own for links that go the wrong place, you shouldn't be here.

DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE FIRST FOUR POSTS OF THIS THREAD IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

- There are bugs and we know them all. Don't try to report bugs or complain about. We'll blacklist you.
    - No, we don't accept feature request. We've enough work to do with fixing bugs.
    - Don't ask for changelogs!
    - Never ask for new builds!
    - Use it or leave it!
    - Don't create a ROM based upon this! Creating a ROM on a buggy and unstable base is a stupid idea!
    - kkthxbye

- UI: Apps like NHK are broken
    - Audio: bugs, missing features
    - Camera: Recording partially broken
    - FM Radio: unsupported
    - TV Out: unsupported, not likely to ever work (there is small hope now but not much)
    - Lots of missing and yet unimplemented features
    - and a lot more

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG. If you're unsure, flash this ClockworkMod-Recovery using Odin/Heimdall.
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

CM10.1 unofficial builds:

20121212: http://d-h.st/u13

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant without respect!

hePRLl.png
    ViHvOl.png

qdBPyl.png
    QuLybl.png

Screenshots kanged straight from codeworkx. Seriously, it's CM, the screenshots will look almost identical on all phones

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Things definitely broken

In addition to the stuff in OP from codeworkx:
    Wifi tethering doesn't work - Bluetooth tethering does
    HWComposer barely works - passes vsync and not much else. Run NHK World Live TV app and you'll see why it's broken
    Lots of core non-device specific CM features are not yet reimplemented. This includes stylus gesture support, palm rejection, and control of stylus hover icon.
    Camera doesn't appear on lockscreen - and it will not appear at all with many gapps packages
    Audio HAL isn't fully reimplemented - no dock audio, etc.
    Bluetooth SCO (calls) is busted and bluedroid spits out all sorts of bluetooth sleep control errors. We probably need to rework power management from the current mechanisms.
    Switchover should happen before tomorrow's nightlies, so tomorrow's nightly SHOULD be CM10.1 for N7000.
    Misc other stuff

The holidays are coming up here in the USA. I have family visiting this weekend, and will be visiting my parents for a week the following week. I have a lot of preparation to do and my laptop can't build CM, so don't expect much to happen until the new year.
    I'm french and on the same carrier. This popup is due to an update of a specific application of "free mobile". The application is "messagerie visuelle" (specific access to answer machine).
    They've add an auto-configuration of this wifi network.
    This popup is launch by the application after the first reboot after the update and has nothing to do with CM.

And the configuration of this EAP-SIM wifi network don't work because EAP-SIM authentification is not include in CM10 as it was in CM9...

But pesonally I don't care lol

I prefer devs to focus on the next magical kernel with super mali drivers :)
    (thanks by the way)

Thanks for the detail. I'm starting to poke at mali. I attempted to get the latest N7105 blobs running on my N8013, end result was sprinklies. I ****ing hate sprinklies, I have yet to figure out why some blobs cause them and some don't.

Once I can get something that works on n8013 I'll backport to n7000.

I'm basically 95% done polishing CM10.0 to perfection on Xperia T (only things remaining are getting someone to merge a few outstanding patches, and fixing scaling of anamorphic videos on HDMI), once I finish that I'll poke at N7000 for a bit.