My opinion about a 4000 mAh mugen battery

Search This thread

Stizzo89

Apr 14, 2011
Senigallia
Hello guys, I would like to tell you my opinion about a battery that I had the chance to try. I'm talking about a battery produced by Mugen for Samsung Galaxy Nexus, with a capacity of 4000 mAh (more than double of normal rate).
Usually I'm used to use the smartphone with many apps in the background (WhatsApp, Dropbox, Beautiful widget and many other) and i often run games, especially in down time of the day. Im also linked to a carrier that has only 3G. Before attempting the battery I used to utilize three batteries so i can change eachother when the current one is downloaded.
With the Mugen's 4000 mAh battery i have found no problems to arrive safely at the end of the day, even when I spend hours playing.
In addition, the cover included in the package greatly improves the grip (im serius!).
I've tried it for 5-6 days but if you want to get more details, statistics and screenshots you can view this video review (in Italian) :)
You can buy it from www.mugen-power-batteries.com

Last edited:
Reactions: toviaheli

KRJ_87

May 23, 2012
Does this battery maintain NFC ability? I've seen some extended batteries that don't and some that do.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

DriveEuro

Aug 31, 2010
Glad to see you got through the day. I bought a cheap 3800mah battery off ebay for my nexus and I don't think it did any better than the 2100mah extended battery. :-/
That pop out stand seems useful too.

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Does this battery maintain NFC ability? I've seen some extended batteries that don't and some that do.

Thanks.

Would like to know this also please. I would like to invest in a battery either as replacement or backup but would like to keep nfc so my phone can have sex with the sgs 3

Sent from my GNex

Reactions: Logseman

mk_ln

Jul 16, 2010
Glad to see you got through the day. I bought a cheap 3800mah battery off ebay for my nexus and I don't think it did any better than the 2100mah extended battery. :-/
That pop out stand seems useful too.

bah...i just did the same thing, though i still dont have either the battery or the phone yet. i'll report back when i get both.

Jarm3r

May 12, 2012
I have used the Seidio extended batteries since my Dinc days and I love them. The 3800 monster for gnex does have nfc and it'll last for days with my SlimICS rom.highly recommended. The casing leaves a lot to be desired but its totally worth it for me for battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DriveEuro

Aug 31, 2010
bah...i just did the same thing, though i still dont have either the battery or the phone yet. i'll report back when i get both.

You get what you pay for... :-/
I just wanted to believe it was better... but my Screen On time was no better than extended OEM.

Last edited:

mk_ln

Jul 16, 2010
You get what you pay for... :-/
I just wanted to believe it was better... but my Screen On time was no better than extended OEM.

sometimes you get better than what you pay for ;). I recall getting a cheap 1800mah battery for my i9000 and it definitely lasted longer than the OEM one.

petermeister

Mar 27, 2009
Would like to know this also please. I would like to invest in a battery either as replacement or backup but would like to keep nfc so my phone can have sex with the sgs 3

Sent from my GNex

The Mugen Power 4000 Mah supports NFC. A larger backcover is included.
The back cover has a kick-stand, this is great for watching video's.

The only disadvantage with the new backcover is that you cannot change backcovers too often. This is due to the vurnable "holding pins"

I have my 4000 Mah for about a month now, and it is awesome! The battery lasts 2,5 day's with heavy usage. Now I just have to find a way to cut out the back of my cardock in a proper way to fit the larger backcover.

Stizzo89

Apr 14, 2011
Senigallia
Sorry for late reply! The battery is NFC compatible, i've tested it with another phone and it works! :D
It can totally replace the original battery ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, I would like to tell you my opinion about a battery that I had the chance to try. I'm talking about a battery produced by Mugen for Samsung Galaxy Nexus, with a capacity of 4000 mAh (more than double of normal rate).
    Usually I'm used to use the smartphone with many apps in the background (WhatsApp, Dropbox, Beautiful widget and many other) and i often run games, especially in down time of the day. Im also linked to a carrier that has only 3G. Before attempting the battery I used to utilize three batteries so i can change eachother when the current one is downloaded.
    With the Mugen's 4000 mAh battery i have found no problems to arrive safely at the end of the day, even when I spend hours playing.
    In addition, the cover included in the package greatly improves the grip (im serius!).
    I've tried it for 5-6 days but if you want to get more details, statistics and screenshots you can view this video review (in Italian) :)
    You can buy it from www.mugen-power-batteries.com

Thanks.

Sent from my GNex