[Kernel/Tool] Boot Manager for X10 {v2.0}[Dt:10/Jan][FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS ONLY]

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
This is a Boot Manager for Xperia X10 based on ClockworkMod recovery source.​
Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!​

x10-bm-2.0-2.png

[ info ]

The bootmanager will reside on the main kernel of the device and will provide u with access to multiple recoveries and kernel management!
ONLY FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS

[ credits / special thanks ]

• the_laser - to openly release this unlock for X10 bootloader
  • Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
  • Napstar - for doing most of the work on Touch capabilities for CWM recovery
  • zdzihu - for xRecovery-0.3GBready & xRecovery v1.0.0 sources! (this is based on modified xRecovery v1.0.0 sources)
  • jerpelea and FreeXperia Team - for CWM4/5 Recovery
  • Androxyde - awesome shell scripting which powers the recovery triggers (for keypress) and recovery switching
  • soheil_rf - for background image & signature/banner
  • pvyParts - for kernel bootscreen
  • Frosty666 for the LED triggers

thanks to smartgardens and My_Immortal for internal testing!

thank you guys for ur kind donation!

[ features ]

1. [v2.0 onwards] now has TouchBased navigation buttons!
  2. [v2.0 onwards] updated my modified recovery to v04 (details here)
  3. [v1.4 onwards] updated CWM5 to latest one from FXP
  4. [v1.4 onwards] replaced CWM4 with my own modified version of CWM5 (details of changes can be found here)
  5. [v1.3 onwards] FIXED THIS ISSUE for Execute Custom Script ability
  6. [v1.3 onwards] Theme support! - I know that most of u like to theme every aspect of the device, so I thought why not have this for BootManager! [ MORE INFO HERE ]
  7. [v1.2 onwards] LED notification for triggering input events - when u see the BLUE LED light up keep pressing MENU key & u will enter BootManager (should avoid additional spamming of keys ;) )
  8. [v1.2 onwards] Battery percentage shown in BootManager - this should helpful for users
  9. [v1.2 onwards] Execute Custom Script ability - this will allow devs/modders/users to execute custom scripts right from BootManager [ MORE INFO HERE ]
  10. [v1.0.1 onwards] Stock X10 GB Kernel - so as to maintain compatibility with splboot, i.e. older bootloader bypass kernels
  11. [v1.0.1 onwards] adb is active in BootManager and sdcard is automounted at /sdcard
  12. [v1.0.1 onwards] AutoRooting - will install the newest Superuser 3.0 binary and app. If ur device is already rooted u can just use this file to install newest SU 3.0
  13. [v1.0.1 onwards] Busybox v1.19.1-cm71 - newest busybox integrated in kernel ramdisk
  14. [v1.0.1 onwards] Multiple recoveries - xRecovery-0.3GBready + CWM4 + CWM5!!! enjoy whichever recovery suits ur needs :D
  15. [v1.0.1 onwards] Kernel Management - ability to boot into which ever kernel u want! (using older bootloader bypass methods), provided that u use the kernel packages provided here [ MORE INFO HERE ]
  16. [v1.0.1 onwards] Keypress based entry - based on the keypress u can select which recovery u want to boot into [ MORE INFO HERE ]

Our app xCharge (on the market) has been updated to support these features , so those of u who bought it get the latest 1.6 update :)

[ requirements ]

1. UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
  2. new 2.3.3 GB firmware
  3. ROMs based on 2.3.3 SE firmware
  4. Flashtool

[ WARNING ]

PLEASE TAKE BACKUP OF SDCARD BEFORE TESTING

[ LIMITATIONS ]

currently we CANNOT flash FTF OR kernel.sin using any recovery, only option is to use FLASHTOOL

[ how to install? ]

1. download the bootmanager FTF
  2. flash using FLASHTOOL
  3. power on device

[ how to use? ]

• [NEW] when u see the BLUE LED light up keep pressing MENU key & u will enter BootManager
  • controls:
    • VOL UP/VOL DOWN key to move Up/Down in menu
    • HOME key to select item

[ sources ]

Xperia X10 Boot Manager @ GITHUB

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

please test it out and report back!

OLDER RELEASES

[ DooMKernel Signature banners!!! ]

If you like to use my kernels and u want to show the world that u use it/love it ;), then you can add this banner to you signature!!!

doomkernel-sig.png

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature":
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1278318"][IMG]http://icxperia.com/doomlord/doomkernel-sig.png[/IMG][/URL]

icon8.gif

ENJOY!!

Attachments

• doom-bootmenu-test8.jpg
    doom-bootmenu-test8.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 5,550
  • doom-bootmenu-1.2-1.jpg
    doom-bootmenu-1.2-1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 6,990
  • xcharge-v1.6-1.jpg
    xcharge-v1.6-1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 5,872
  • doomkernel-user-sig-1.png
    doomkernel-user-sig-1.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,080,198
  • x10_gb_stock_wifi_modules.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,875
Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ Kernel Management ]

so guys for the kernel management i have provided two options in BootManager
  1. Boot Custom Kernel (last selected)
  2. Custom Kernel Selection Menu

here is some info on what each option does
    • this will basically execute an internal script which will boot the bootloader bypassed kernels (using splboot & miniloader)
    • some files are required for this to work correctly else u will get error in the BootManager:
      • /system/kernel/boot.img
      • /system/kernel/miniloader
      • /system/kernel/splboot.ko
    • if there are currently none present no worries use the next menu to install compatible kernel

1. this will allow u to select a compatible custom kernel package
    2. these custom kernel package will essentially be CWM compatible (edify syntax) update.zip packages [i will be providing a few test packages]
    3. the custom kernel packages will have to be stored in the folder /sdcard/kernels/ for them to be visible in this menu
    4. when a custom kernel package is selected it will be installed (like an update.zip installation) and if everything is in order the kernel will automatically be booted (splboot will be executed)

List of available kernel packages

Note to Kernel Devs

1. i request the kernel developers (who wish to provide older bootloader bypass based kernels) [boot.imgs] to provide these packages so that users, who are using this BootManager can use ur kernels
  2. also you are most welcome to use the test kernel packages posted here as a template for ur kernel packages
  3. remember the kernel packages must be in EDIFY syntax
  4. u can include whtever u want in that kernel package (e.g. additional modules/binaries etc)

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Last edited:

Androxyde

Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2010
Paris
www.flashtool.net
How to run a specific version of recovery at boot :

Here are affected keys you can press at boot :

back : xRecovery 0.3GB Ready
voldown : CWM 4.0.1.5
volup : CWM 5.0.2.3
menu : Bootmenu

How to reboot into recovery from OS :

GScript is required.

Here are gscript scripts for each function :

Bootmenu :
Code:
cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultMenu/recovery.desc  /data/local/tmp/recovery
touch /cache/recovery/boot
reboot

xRecovery 0.3GBReady :
Code:
cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultxRec/recovery.desc /data/local/tmp/recovery
reboot

CWM 4.0.1.5 :
Code:
cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultCWM4/recovery.desc /data/local/tmp/recovery
reboot

CWM 5.0.2.3 :
Code:
cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultCWM5/recovery.desc /data/local/tmp/recovery
reboot

Here is a xRecovery package for all above scritps :
Download scripts
Once installed, you will be able to load them from inside gscript.

Last edited:

smoke_weed

Sep 30, 2010
Hi, can I flash this on Sku's MIUI, and I can flash Custom kernals on this rather than Flashtool? Also What are the advantages if I get this. Really Excited of hearing what This does ! :D

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
Hi, can I flash this on Sku's MIUI, and I can flash Custom kernals on this rather than Flashtool? Also What are the advantages if I get this. Really Excited of hearing what This does ! :D

Ok, it is for all SE X10 based roms with unlocked bootloader, you can flash kernels with this instead of flashtool, my initial testing i managed to flash 3 different kernels about 2 minutes, boot manager will just make the whole process of choosing kernels and different recoveries alot easier.;)

As usual Awsome work Doom.:)

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Booting into all recoverys works.
Xperia reboot into recovery goes to boots into CMW v5 recovery(any chance for a reboot into boot menu option?)

On first reboot phone took a while to grant SU privalages to apps.

Using boot manager to install and reboot into Doomkernel v40b FS...SUCESS!!!

For some reason, after install my market changed from pendos blue transparent back to the latest green one..not sure why but no great shakes.

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ Execute Custom Script ]

So this option will allow the user to execute a custom script:
/system/recovery/customscript.sh

That shell script MUST have all execute permissions (777)

This will be useful as modders/devs/cooks/users can now execute special scripts right from BootManager

Scenarios where this can be useful:
  1. execute code to boot OS off SDCARD
  2. execute code to boot custom kernel
  3. use ur imagination ;)

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Xperia reboot now says...

Warning, recovery not found....
Maybe because i was last in cmw v5....

I would like any of your doomkernel x series....only with max 1113 mhz.
I know have asked before, and you must be tired after workign hard on this...I dont mind waiting for a bit:)

PS, I rebooted into 0.3 recovery and rebooted but xperia reboot options still says it cant find recovery

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ Theme Support! ]

I know that most of u like to theme every aspect of the device, so I thought why not have this for BootManager!

The user can now customize the following in BootManager (v1.3 onwards):
  1. background image
  2. menu color
  3. text color

for this u will need to create the following folder structure on SDCARD: /sdcard/00_bm/res/images/ (those are double zeros in 00_bm)

for customizing do the following
  1. background image
    • image should be PNG format and of size (480x854)
    • it should have the file name: bootmenu_bgk.png
    • save it in the folder /sdcard/00_bm/res/images/
    • so the complete path of this file should be /sdcard/00_bm/res/images/bootmenu_bgk.png

2. menu color
    • u will need to create a comma delimited file which will contain the integer values to control the RED, GREEN, BLUE, ALPHA
    • limit is from 0 to 255
    • example:
      • if u want the menu color to be RED the following should be content of the file:
        Code:
        255, 0, 0, 255
      • if u want the menu color to be GREEN the following should be content of the file:
        Code:
        0, 255, 0, 255
    • it should have the file name: menu-text-color (no extension)
    • save it in the folder /sdcard/00_bm/res/
    • so the complete path of this file should be /sdcard/00_bm/res/menu-text-color

3. text color
    • same as above EXCEPT it should have the file name: normal-text-color (no extension)
    • save it in the folder /sdcard/00_bm/res/
    • so the complete path of this file should be /sdcard/00_bm/res/normal-text-color

WARNING

• for these customization to work the files SHOULD BE IN THE CORRECT PATH AND WITH CORRECT FILE NAMEs
  • each of these customization are independent of each other, meaning if u want u can change only one, or both or all of them :)
  • BootManager will check if each of those files are there, if it find them then it will use those, else BootManager will use the default values/image

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
since Z is missing in action :p i am posting his kernel here...

zKernel 19082011 kernel package posted!

Reactions: leechgod27

riginal

Jan 2, 2011
Fantastic work, Testing it
Booting into all recoveries with boot manager & also with pressing keys work as it should

I was trying custom kernel selection menu, first I tried Doomkernel 4 fs but when it booted the phone got stuck at a black screen with a hardly seen free xperia logo, had to take the battery out & then it booted fine with Doomkernel 4 fs, then I tried back to stock kernel package but it doesn't work & when it tries to boot it gives "there was a problem booting custom kernel", I tried the doomkernel 4 fs again & it works fine but no luck with the back to stock one

Edit: it just gives that error but when I reboot the phone it boots up with stock kernel

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
select Xperia Arc as device....

Done that, it works now.

However, Vo.3 recovery now no longer flashes zips that it has done before I had the boot manager (pendos transparent market for one)
Also, super user got messed up and I had to give su rights to a load of apps.
Also, set CPU defaulted to min and max speed if 245, it took a while for my phone to do anything.
Finally, I have not had any deep sleep yet, I had my screen off for a couple of minutes (unplugged) and normally that would register deep sleep in CPU spy.

Anyway, I need sleep now, will continue testing in the morning.
:)
Edit, deep sleep is working
Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Boot Manager for Xperia X10 based on ClockworkMod recovery source.​
    Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!​

x10-bm-2.0-2.png

[ info ]

The bootmanager will reside on the main kernel of the device and will provide u with access to multiple recoveries and kernel management!
    ONLY FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS

[ credits / special thanks ]

• the_laser - to openly release this unlock for X10 bootloader
    • Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
    • Napstar - for doing most of the work on Touch capabilities for CWM recovery
    • zdzihu - for xRecovery-0.3GBready & xRecovery v1.0.0 sources! (this is based on modified xRecovery v1.0.0 sources)
    • jerpelea and FreeXperia Team - for CWM4/5 Recovery
    • Androxyde - awesome shell scripting which powers the recovery triggers (for keypress) and recovery switching
    • soheil_rf - for background image & signature/banner
    • pvyParts - for kernel bootscreen
    • Frosty666 for the LED triggers

thanks to smartgardens and My_Immortal for internal testing!

thank you guys for ur kind donation!

[ features ]

1. [v2.0 onwards] now has TouchBased navigation buttons!
    2. [v2.0 onwards] updated my modified recovery to v04 (details here)
    3. [v1.4 onwards] updated CWM5 to latest one from FXP
    4. [v1.4 onwards] replaced CWM4 with my own modified version of CWM5 (details of changes can be found here)
    5. [v1.3 onwards] FIXED THIS ISSUE for Execute Custom Script ability
    6. [v1.3 onwards] Theme support! - I know that most of u like to theme every aspect of the device, so I thought why not have this for BootManager! [ MORE INFO HERE ]
    7. [v1.2 onwards] LED notification for triggering input events - when u see the BLUE LED light up keep pressing MENU key & u will enter BootManager (should avoid additional spamming of keys ;) )
    8. [v1.2 onwards] Battery percentage shown in BootManager - this should helpful for users
    9. [v1.2 onwards] Execute Custom Script ability - this will allow devs/modders/users to execute custom scripts right from BootManager [ MORE INFO HERE ]
    10. [v1.0.1 onwards] Stock X10 GB Kernel - so as to maintain compatibility with splboot, i.e. older bootloader bypass kernels
    11. [v1.0.1 onwards] adb is active in BootManager and sdcard is automounted at /sdcard
    12. [v1.0.1 onwards] AutoRooting - will install the newest Superuser 3.0 binary and app. If ur device is already rooted u can just use this file to install newest SU 3.0
    13. [v1.0.1 onwards] Busybox v1.19.1-cm71 - newest busybox integrated in kernel ramdisk
    14. [v1.0.1 onwards] Multiple recoveries - xRecovery-0.3GBready + CWM4 + CWM5!!! enjoy whichever recovery suits ur needs :D
    15. [v1.0.1 onwards] Kernel Management - ability to boot into which ever kernel u want! (using older bootloader bypass methods), provided that u use the kernel packages provided here [ MORE INFO HERE ]
    16. [v1.0.1 onwards] Keypress based entry - based on the keypress u can select which recovery u want to boot into [ MORE INFO HERE ]

Our app xCharge (on the market) has been updated to support these features , so those of u who bought it get the latest 1.6 update :)

[ requirements ]

1. UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    2. new 2.3.3 GB firmware
    3. ROMs based on 2.3.3 SE firmware
    4. Flashtool

[ WARNING ]

PLEASE TAKE BACKUP OF SDCARD BEFORE TESTING

[ LIMITATIONS ]

currently we CANNOT flash FTF OR kernel.sin using any recovery, only option is to use FLASHTOOL

[ how to install? ]

1. download the bootmanager FTF
    2. flash using FLASHTOOL
    3. power on device

[ how to use? ]

• [NEW] when u see the BLUE LED light up keep pressing MENU key & u will enter BootManager
    • controls:
      • VOL UP/VOL DOWN key to move Up/Down in menu
      • HOME key to select item

[ sources ]

Xperia X10 Boot Manager @ GITHUB

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

please test it out and report back!

OLDER RELEASES

If you like to use my kernels and u want to show the world that u use it/love it ;), then you can add this banner to you signature!!!

doomkernel-sig.png

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature":
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1278318"][IMG]http://icxperia.com/doomlord/doomkernel-sig.png[/IMG][/URL]

icon8.gif

ENJOY!!
    [ Kernel Management ]

so guys for the kernel management i have provided two options in BootManager

here is some info on what each option does
      • this will basically execute an internal script which will boot the bootloader bypassed kernels (using splboot & miniloader)
      • some files are required for this to work correctly else u will get error in the BootManager:
        • /system/kernel/boot.img
        • /system/kernel/miniloader
        • /system/kernel/splboot.ko
      • if there are currently none present no worries use the next menu to install compatible kernel

1. this will allow u to select a compatible custom kernel package
      2. these custom kernel package will essentially be CWM compatible (edify syntax) update.zip packages [i will be providing a few test packages]
      3. the custom kernel packages will have to be stored in the folder /sdcard/kernels/ for them to be visible in this menu
      4. when a custom kernel package is selected it will be installed (like an update.zip installation) and if everything is in order the kernel will automatically be booted (splboot will be executed)

List of available kernel packages

Note to Kernel Devs

1. i request the kernel developers (who wish to provide older bootloader bypass based kernels) [boot.imgs] to provide these packages so that users, who are using this BootManager can use ur kernels
    2. also you are most welcome to use the test kernel packages posted here as a template for ur kernel packages
    3. remember the kernel packages must be in EDIFY syntax
    4. u can include whtever u want in that kernel package (e.g. additional modules/binaries etc)
    [ kernel packages ]

PLEASE SAVE THESE KERNEL PACKAGES TO /sdcard/kernels/ ELSE THEY WONT BE VISIBLE IN SELECTION MENU

1. Back to Stock Kernel Package (some info on how this works)

2. DooMKernel v04-FS

3. DooMKernel v04b

4. zKernel 19082011

5. 2.3Th kernel 028d

6. FreeKernel-mod405N.7 SE 2.3.3

7. FreeKernel-mod405.2 SE 2.3.3

i will keep adding more kernel packages as and when some kernel devs post them...
    How to run a specific version of recovery at boot :

Here are affected keys you can press at boot :

back : xRecovery 0.3GB Ready
    voldown : CWM 4.0.1.5
    volup : CWM 5.0.2.3
    menu : Bootmenu

How to reboot into recovery from OS :

GScript is required.

Here are gscript scripts for each function :

Bootmenu :
    Code:
    cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultMenu/recovery.desc  /data/local/tmp/recovery
    reboot

xRecovery 0.3GBReady :
    Code:
    cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultxRec/recovery.desc /data/local/tmp/recovery
    reboot

CWM 4.0.1.5 :
    Code:
    cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultCWM4/recovery.desc /data/local/tmp/recovery
    reboot

CWM 5.0.2.3 :
    Code:
    cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultCWM5/recovery.desc /data/local/tmp/recovery
    reboot

Here is a xRecovery package for all above scritps :
    Download scripts
    Once installed, you will be able to load them from inside gscript.
    BootManager v1.2 released!

attachment.php

[ new features ]

• will be using new bootscreen for kernel thanks to pvyParts
    • LED notification for triggering input events - when u see the BLUE LED light up keep pressing MENU key & u will enter BootManager (should avoid additional spamming of keys ;) ) [ thanks to Frosty666 for the LED triggers info]
    • Battery percentage shown in BootManager - this should helpful for users
    • Execute Custom Script ability - this will allow devs/modders/users to execute custom scripts right from BootManager [ MORE INFO HERE ]

DOWNLOAD LINKS AT FIRST POST!

please test out and report back!

attachment.php

HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1278318"][IMG]http://attachments.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=747839&stc=1&d=1318445476[/IMG][/URL]

ENJOY!

the new features of BootManager will soon be included in next DooMKernel releases... stay tuned ;)

regards,

DooMLoRD

icon8.gif