[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies

Search This thread

BenG321

Oct 28, 2012
Does it allow for multiple controllers to be connected?

Yep! (As long as they show as separate devices under "Bluetooth" in "Settings") More information here (for a different device and says it's for keyboards, but it is still relevant and a good read!).

I extracted the keylayout file from a stock Ouya .zip. In the same folder, there are .kl files for other controllers. Open them as text to see what they are for.

I'm about to create a .kl for my Logitech K400r. Time to make use of those extra keys! (Again, info here.)

What do you guys do for keyboard/mouse input?

I'm a huge fan of the Logitech K400r
Right thumb to navigate the mouse; left thumb to click (with secondary left click button at top left corner). Home, media control, music player launcher, and standby buttons/keys. <Esc> key works as a physical Android back button. Scroll with two fingers on touchpad (no pinch-to-zoom, but you can double click and drag to zoom in and out with supported apps like the stock browser!!).
(Tip: you can disable mouse clicking on the touchpad by pressing <FN> + left click below the touchpad.)

is there a splashtop type app i can use to control it from my phone?

Something like DroidMote Client with DroidMote Server is a good way to go.

Add ethernet settings (ethernet works but no way to disable/enable)

Until this feature is added we can use this app (tested and works, despite occasional toast notification which can be disabled).
OR
Use an app like Tasker to run scripts with "ifconfig eth0 down" and "ifconfig eth0 up" on a per-app basis for apps that require wireless (like Xfinity TV Go).

Last edited:

paco8

May 12, 2013
Sorry for a little OT but if you want to control xbmc with your phone, I recommend Yatse. Just download it on your phone and follow instructions. Really easy to set up and to use, especially with xbmc. I also have included xbmc in startup via an app so I don't have to even turn on the controller.

puneet_champ

Feb 17, 2009
Boots to a black screen

Hi All,

I installed this from CWM followed by the gapps. My Ouya shows the mlq screen, then boots cyanogen mod and then goes to a black screen. I can't adb it since it says unauthorized. What am I doing wrong?

[Update] Got it to work by wiping the data partition. But the controller does not pair with my Ouya. Is there anything that needs to be done apart from long pressing the controller Ouya button (until the middle two lights start blinking) ?

[Update] Paired! Bluetooth had to be made visible (Duh!) . Thanks everyone :)

Last edited:

jellysweep

Dec 31, 2009
I got everything working. thanks for the advice and tips in the thread everyone. I ordered a small keyboard/trackpad sized remote that should arrive this weekend and make life even simpler.

Is anyone having success with XBMC audio passthrough on this rom and ouya? I'm trying to pass DTS to my 5.1 receiver and let the AVR decode for surround sound. I'm using XBMC Gotham Beta 2. No love right now - just pcm 2 channel. I enabled 5.1 audio in xbmc settings, not sure what else to do. Was going to try the nightly xbmc android build next to see if something got updated to enable it. I'm new to the ouya, so let me know if i'm missing something.

Thanks!

paco8

May 12, 2013
Hey guys! Thanks again milaq!
Just a quick question: how do I access files in "mnt/shell/emulated"?
Other than that, everything works pretty good so far! Just some slight flickering in list-style menus across all apps, and the fact that my wallpaper always gets zoomed in after I reboot. :D But that's probably just on my system.
Thanks!

evaporic

Aug 3, 2011
Detroit
To get the Ouya controller working normally (d-pad, button mapping, etc.) -

Save the following code to /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_2836_Product_0001.kl and change its permissions to 644

Code:
# Copyright (C) 2011 The Android Open Source Project
#
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

#
# OUYA Game Controller
#

key 0x130    BUTTON_A
key 0x133    BUTTON_B
key 0x131    BUTTON_X
key 0x132    BUTTON_Y

# Button "LB" maps to BUTTON_L1.
key 0x134    BUTTON_L1
# Button "RB" maps to BUTTON_R1.
key 0x135    BUTTON_R1

# These two keycodes are for click (press from above) on analog control sticks.
key 0x136    BUTTON_THUMBL
key 0x137    BUTTON_THUMBR

# D-pad
key 0x138    DPAD_UP
key 0x139    DPAD_DOWN
key 0x13a    DPAD_LEFT
key 0x13b    DPAD_RIGHT

# Power and Home Key
key 0x13e    HOME      #Short Press
key 0x13f    HOME ALT  #Long Press

# Left (0x00, 0x01) and right (0x03, 0x04) analog control stick.
# The reported value for flat is 128 out of a range from -32767 to 32768, which is absurd.
# This confuses applications that rely on the flat value because the joystick actually
# settles in a flat range of +/- 4096 or so.
axis 0x00 X flat 4096
axis 0x01 Y flat 4096
axis 0x03 Z flat 4096
axis 0x04 RZ flat 4096

# Triggers.
# (Shoulder trigger buttons marked with "LT" and "RT" are analog.
# Each axis has range from 0 to 255.)
axis 0x02 LTRIGGER
axis 0x05 RTRIGGER
key 0x13c    BUTTON_L2
key 0x13d    BUTTON_R2

Milaq, could this be included in an upcoming nightly?

How do you install the Ouya Keyboard?

Attachments

• ouya-keyboard-on-cyanogenmod.jpg
    ouya-keyboard-on-cyanogenmod.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 509

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Works great. The Settings FC is from when you have the Ethernet plugged in. Unplug it and no more FC.

I currently use mine as a DLNA server to my multiple Chromecasts and ROKU. I use BubbleUPNP as the DLNA streamer and ES File Explorer as the FTP setup so I can download my goods on any device and copy it right over. Works flawless... On the stock Ouya setup it would not support FTP or SMB which made it a pain to put stuff on.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

ruiner9

Aug 19, 2008
Hi guys! I'm trying to install this but I'm getting the error message that the cm11 build is for the "ouya" device, yet in recovery mode, my hardware ID is "ouya_1_1" and it flags it as a device mismatch. Is there a way to get around this? I have adb capabilities in recovery mode, and I've installed the latest CWM and the boot select image, too.

KJRob

Aug 1, 2013
Bringhurst
Flash trouble

Hi guys! I'm trying to install this but I'm getting the error message that the cm11 build is for the "ouya" device, yet in recovery mode, my hardware ID is "ouya_1_1" and it flags it as a device mismatch. Is there a way to get around this? I have adb capabilities in recovery mode, and I've installed the latest CWM and the boot select image, too.

I had the same issue. I made sure I wiped everything in the advanced menu but the external storage and went at it from scratch. After I flashed the boot menu I was seeing the old recovery version at the top until I wiped everything. Flash recovery then boot menu again. Make sure on the top of the screen you are seeing the latest version number for CWM.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Is there a way to keep the Ouya from going to sleep? The longest setting is 30 Min. I use Pandora a lot and hate it when it sleeps in the middle of a good tune.

ruiner9

Aug 19, 2008
I had the same issue. I made sure I wiped everything in the advanced menu but the external storage and went at it from scratch. After I flashed the boot menu I was seeing the old recovery version at the top until I wiped everything. Flash recovery then boot menu again. Make sure on the top of the screen you are seeing the latest version number for CWM.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Is there a way to keep the Ouya from going to sleep? The longest setting is 30 Min. I use Pandora a lot and hate it when it sleeps in the middle of a good tune.

That explains it... the recovery version kept floating back and forth. Thanks for the help!

ruiner9

Aug 19, 2008
OK, I've set it up, but my wireless is completely dead. WiFi won't activate, and the Bluetooth says that it's turned on, but won't find any devices. I have the white 16gb edition, which I recall might have slightly different hardware. Has anyone confirmed this working on the 16gb model?

krest

May 15, 2009

1.Enable developer options in settings: Open "Settings," go to "About tablet" (at bottom), then just tap the Build number 7 times. "Developer options" appears a few categories above "About tablet." (This step only needs to be done once.)
2.Enable options in settings "Stay awake"

Reactions: KJRob

stilgar27

Apr 2, 2011
Can't adb? think It's toast.

While flashing cm11 I was having the same hardware mismatch issue others were having where it was saying my hardware was "ouya_1_1" instead of "ouya", so I wiped most of my data thinking I couldn't harm it with CWM, etc installed. Foolishly however, I deleted the zips I was trying to flash.

This wouldn't be an issue except that I don't seem to be able to adb into it for some reason. None of the google usb drivers work even after the suggested modifications I've found. I also tried using a usb hub, but CWM doesn't see the external storage. I hate to think simply being unable to get files onto the sd card has effectively bricked it... any suggestions out there? (either getting adb working or flashing from external memory)

Thanks in advance.

TwitchyEye

Jun 23, 2012
Dallas
While flashing cm11 I was having the same hardware mismatch issue others were having where it was saying my hardware was "ouya_1_1" instead of "ouya", so I wiped most of my data thinking I couldn't harm it with CWM, etc installed. Foolishly however, I deleted the zips I was trying to flash.

This wouldn't be an issue except that I don't seem to be able to adb into it for some reason. None of the google usb drivers work even after the suggested modifications I've found. I also tried using a usb hub, but CWM doesn't see the external storage. I hate to think simply being unable to get files onto the sd card has effectively bricked it... any suggestions out there? (either getting adb working or flashing from external memory)

Thanks in advance.

The zip file from this link contains the modified adb driver that works. With that you should be able to sideload a ROM to get back in business
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44114329

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: stilgar27

stilgar27

Apr 2, 2011
thanks but I had tried that

The zip file from this link contains the modified adb driver that works. With that you should be able to sideload a ROM to get back in business
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44114329

I had already tried that and other drivers, which didn't work. I failed to remember I could just "pick from a list" and force it to be a generic "composite ADB device", which worked surprisingly well. Happily loading up my apps now.

BTW I noticed when I was loading into CWM over and over that just letting it boot on the first option took me back to the older version of CWM, while actually hitting the power button to select Recovery bumped it up to the newest version. I have a feeling that might have been the source of my initial problem installing.

Last edited:

TwitchyEye

Jun 23, 2012
Dallas
There seems to be a mismatch between where cwm wants to look for an sdcard ( /mnt/shell/emulated) and where cm11 is putting stuff ( /mnt/sdcard)

I'm running the 3/28 nightly and aside from that little detour everything is running smooth as silk! ...or velvet?

I had already tried that and other drivers, which didn't work. I failed to remember I could just "pick from a list" and force it to be a generic "composite ADB device", which worked surprisingly well. Happily loading up my apps now.

Glad you got it up and running :thumbup:

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
legacy cwm

to get rid of all the consfusion:

the "legacy" cwm recovery (which the bootmenu has built-in - v6.0.3.2) will pop up in the following cases:

• the bootmenu could not find a valid bootimage (read: /system/boot.img for "normal boot"; /sdcard/altboot.img for "alternate boot").
  • the user selects "failsafe" from the menu

the legacy version has a device id of "ouya_1_1" while the updated newer version has "ouya".

the legacy version resides in the bootmenu image itself and should ONLY be used (as its name suggests) as failsafe.
for regular flashing you need to use the newer cwm version which resides in the recovery partition.

Last edited:

babcocca

Apr 19, 2007
OUYA Controller Support BuiltIn?

Milaq,

Was wondering if you had added the OUYA controller support to your builds.

Thanks for all that you do!!!

Reactions: ironfisted

Top Liked Posts