Battery drain after app updates

Search This thread

yingjai

Feb 4, 2009
Anybody notice a strange battery drain after some app updates? I don't know which app is causing this because it's not showing in battery stats.

The battery used to be able to last all day with no problem, but is now struggling to.

Android OS and System are both at 18% and 19% and 7 other entries are between 3-5%.

Only thing changed I believe was that I updated some apps along the way and noticed this drain maybe 2 days ago.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nidza

Sep 21, 2010
Install GSAM battery monitor. It is useful even for non rooted devices. Note 3 has strange battery statistics. What I see in GSAM makes much more sense and alike all previous androids i have owned.

Tapatalk Pro

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
Anybody notice a strange battery drain after some app updates? I don't know which app is causing this because it's not showing in battery stats.

The battery used to be able to last all day with no problem, but is now struggling to.

Android OS and System are both at 18% and 19% and 7 other entries are between 3-5%.

Only thing changed I believe was that I updated some apps along the way and noticed this drain maybe 2 days ago.

I noticed this too. However I've read that the recent Hangout update is causing battery drains but Google has fixed it and another update should be out soon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

yingjai

Feb 4, 2009
Glad to say that the problem seem to have finally disappeared. Over 9 hours on battery and have 67% left. More than what I had before after 6 hours.