How do I downgrade the ROM?

Search This thread

AgentTran

Mar 23, 2014
Hey XDAdevelopers forum!

I need your guy's assisstance in trying to unlock my Note 2, Canadian Rogers. (I317M.)
Looking around the forums and doing searching, I've managed to download the ROGERS MODEM I317MVLALJ2, and looking at the thread for everything Note 2 AT&T I've also seen the Rogers Stock 4.1.1 firmware.

I'm trying to unlock my phone right now, but I don't want to call rogers and pay their absurd $50 fee or use a website like cellunlocker.net for something I can do for free.

So this is what I need your help with. I have the original 4.1.1 rogers firmware downloaded, and I have the modem, but I don't know what to do with them.
I'm rooted with a 4.4.2 ROM right now, and from looking around some have said that I can just use the modem and unlock my phone that way, without having to change my current ROM. This would be the ideal situation but I don't think it's possible for me to do.

The other option is to use the Rogers I317 firmware, which should work on my I317M (don't know the difference), and flash it on CWRP recovery and then use this method to unlock.

The original rogers firmware includes a "SS_DL" file and a "KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5" file.

The modem includes a META-INF folder, and a modem.bin file. I have no idea on what to do with these files to be able to unlock my phone, and I need your guy's help.

Thanks!!

(both files are from this thread [REF] Your One-Stop Shop for the Note II (Kernels, Roms, Guides, Modems, Etc.)

Last edited: