Search This thread

Simonius007

May 10, 2011
UBTaP7Rl.jpg

:cowboy: Hello there guys and gals, hope your OUYA's are bringing you as much fun as mine has! The question I see more than any other in the sideloading threads is "How do I get X Gameloft game to work?". While the general consensus so far has been that you can't, some recent discoveries have provided us all with a way to not only get our favorite Gameloft games working, but to enable full controller compatibility as well! This guide will show you how to get games like Modern Combat 4 working perfectly on your OUYA.

1. Acquire your game :)

There are two ways of obtaining Gameloft games for your OUYA, the best and easiest way is to sideload the Amazon App Store (DOWNLOAD HERE), but alternatively they can also be gotten from Gameloft's webstore by navigating to wapshop.gameloft.com on the OUYA web browser.

2. The Game Won't Load :crying:

Cheer up friend! There is a very simple and easily fixable reason why your Gameloft game isn't loading, the OUYA's task manager settings. On your OUYA go to "Manage" then "System" then "Advanced", then scroll down to the button and click on "Developer Options", scroll down to the bottom once again and uncheck the option third from the bottom that says "Destroy an activity as soon as a user leaves it".

At this point your Gameloft game will be able to run properly, but you may notice that when you go to launch it from the "Make" menu it refuses to launch. Gameloft games must be launched either from the Amazon App Store by clicking the "open" button in the "My Apps" menu or by using a third party launcher such as Nova Launcher.

3. But The Controller Doesn't Work! :confused:

And now we come to penultimate step, the controller. Many Gameloft games only support a single bluetooth controller, the MOGA controller. This is the part where many sideloaders hit a dead end, but fear not! It's been discovered there is an easy way into fooling certain Gameloft games into thinking the OUYA controller is in fact a MOGA controller.

How is this miracle accomplished?

Simple. By plugging in most USB HID devices, such as a USB mouse or keyboard for example(YMMV), you can fool several Gameloft games into working perfectly with the OUYA controller. A good way to test if your HID device works or not is to download and run Blitz Brigade(a free game). If you get a toast message saying "MOGA Controller Detected", then your HID device should also work with Modern Combat 4, NOVA 3 and many of Gamelofts other games.

Proof this works: :highfive:

While it's been confirmed that all Gameloft games acquired through the Amazon App Store launch and run fine and most are playable with a mouse, there are only a few that support the controller with the USB HID device trick.

So far these include:

Dungeon Hunter 4 (USB trick not needed for Mage and Archer classes)
Modern Combat 4
NOVA 3

It is very useful information. thanks a lot for your research!

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
Will Gameloft "Kindle Tablet Editions" work in the same way?

When browsing the Amazon app store via OUYA, those titles are not available. So the possible way to run them would be to trick the site in to thinking ouya was a kindle or to install it on a kindle and port it over to OUYA via root backup apps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TempoPR

Jul 19, 2013
I download MC4 but not work

I buy modern combat 4 in the amazon app store and still not working.. I tried everything! Please help me

TempoPR

Jul 19, 2013
When the game is goin to open,dint work..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Then you need to follow step two:

On your OUYA go to "Manage" then "System" then "Advanced", then scroll down to the button and click on "Developer Options", scroll down to the bottom once again and uncheck the option third from the bottom that says "Destroy an activity as soon as a user leaves it".

At this point your Gameloft game will be able to run properly, but you may notice that when you go to launch it from the "Make" menu it refuses to launch. Gameloft games must be launched either from the Amazon App Store by clicking the "open" button in the "My Apps" menu or by using a third party launcher such as Nova Launcher.

TempoPR

Jul 19, 2013
The game is working now!! But i cant get the controller working.. :/

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

The game is working now!! But i cant get the controller working.. :/

Then you need to follow step 3:

3. But The Controller Doesn't Work!

And now we come to penultimate step, the controller. Many Gameloft games only support a single bluetooth controller, the MOGA controller. This is the part where many sideloaders hit a dead end, but fear not! It's been discovered there is an easy way into fooling certain Gameloft games into thinking the OUYA controller is in fact a MOGA controller.

How is this miracle accomplished?

Simple. By plugging in most USB HID devices, such as a USB mouse or keyboard for example(YMMV), you can fool several Gameloft games into working perfectly with the OUYA controller. A good way to test if your HID device works or not is to download and run Blitz Brigade(a free game). If you get a toast message saying "MOGA Controller Detected", then your HID device should also work with Modern Combat 4, NOVA 3 and many of Gamelofts other games.

TempoPR

Jul 19, 2013
I already conect 2 usb mouse and usb keyboard and dint work..

TempoPR

Jul 19, 2013
But the moga controller,work on ouya?

TempoPR

Jul 19, 2013
how i can sync moga pro controller with ouya?

TempoPR

Jul 19, 2013
Ok perfect.. im going to test in few hours. Thanks

TempoPR

Jul 19, 2013
Moga controller dont sync with the moga pilot app... help me please

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Dont sync on ouya with sideloaded moga pilot app

TempoPR

Jul 19, 2013
I need the moga pivot app 1.15 and i dint find it.. i just find version 1.9 and that one dont work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MC4 will not launch for me, I keep getting this error message: "a network error has occurred. would you like to try again"
    theres nothing wrong w/ my wifi connection. any ideas? i just bought the game off google play on ouya.

The message "a network error has occured" is a general error message for Gameloft, and is not necessarily related to your network :silly:
    For example, I get that very same message if I try Asphalt8 on my S3, with a too high ZRAM setting (basically that means my directly accessible RAM is a bit lower than normal).

Anyway, do not get stuck on looking for a network error, because it might as well be a memory or any other error.