[Fix][i9500,i9505,i9505G,i9506][ExtSdCard Write Issue][Kitkat 4.4.2][NB3] - Rooted

Search This thread

limpeon

Jun 20, 2013
Bangalore
AP: I9505XXUFNAD CP: I9505XXUFNAD CSC: I9505OXXFNA2 (rooted)

I have EXTSDCARD access. My GO backup and Titanium backup don't have access to external SD card.

I updated my rooted 4.2.2 firmware to 4.4.2 kitkat and rooted using chainfire's CF-Auto-Root. Then I installed folder mount and my GoBackup and TB is working fine, Im also able to move app to SD as well. Until I i used Lucky Patcher's "Removed all odex files" and "Clear dalvik-cache and Reboot"

I tried adding <group gid="media_rw" /> and installing folder mount but the problem still the same. I even do "wipe and reset to factory settings", re-flash original firmware and then rooted. Still no luck.

I browse for a possible solution and tried but no success.

I need help.
Try once with dr.Ketan utilities
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684177
data fix and int sd fix... try and let me know.... actually even ive hav same problem now....Before it had worked for me...

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
Sorry people i know this is a bit of topic, whats the best way to root my i9500 E300S 4.4.2 ? Thanks people

scribbclubber

May 14, 2009
vacoas
Can this fix my problem to copy or move any files or folders to my 64gb sd card ?

As i can copy data from sd to internal storage but can't copy or move files from internal to ext sd card :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

xxnurrexx

Jul 12, 2011
I have a Custom Rom installed on my S4 everything works when i use my Phone ( Editing mp3 tags and other Files )
But when my phone is connected to my computer i cant edit the same mp3 file tags anymore on my pc. I´d like to edit Files on my Pc because its much more comfortable Is there a possibility to fix this?

Newest C-Rom
Sandisk 32GB Class 10
i9505

Android Noobie

Jun 21, 2012
Melbourne
Hi everybody this will solves TB Backup Problem and 5 other issues which is in KiKat Ver Rom's official ones too, works on both all S4 Versions i950.........

<permission name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_ALL_EXTERNAL_STORA GE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_all" />
</permission>

or download the file and flash it via recovery
plus set 744 permission on folder mnt/media_rw [You have to set up permission on every boot ???]using root explorer manually

thx
best regards:good::eek:

Can someone please explain how to apply this?
Do I do it through es file explorer or do I have to manually go into each folder and change the name of the file?
I have a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005.

Thanks

sherpa25

Jun 13, 2011
Muntinlupa
Thanks for this, @itsme_4ucz. I'm in Mahdi Rom 4.4.4 and rooted. Flashed the file and checked all permission of media_rw via Root Explorer. Tried App2SD but still don't see 'Move to SD' in App Info to move some games. Some clarifications:
1. After setting RW to media_rw, I presume I have to bring mnt back to R/O?
2. Do I still need the Folder Mount app for it to work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another Way To Fix The Sdcard Permissions

INSTALL FOLDER MOUNT FROM PLAYSTORE AND APPLY THE SUGGEST FIX ,REDTART AND VOILA THE SD CARD IS NOW FULLY ACCESSIBLE

HIT THANKS BUTTON IF HELPED
    Hi everybody this will solves TB Backup Problem and 5 other issues which is in KiKat Ver Rom's official ones too, works on both all S4 Versions i950.........

<permission name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
    <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    <group gid="media_rw" />
    </permission>

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
    <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    <group gid="media_rw" />
    </permission>

<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_ALL_EXTERNAL_STORA GE" >
    <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    <group gid="sdcard_all" />
    </permission>

or download the file and flash it via recovery
    plus set 744 permission on folder mnt/media_rw [You have to set up permission on every boot ???]using root explorer manually

thx
    best regards:good::eek:
    Without root?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Required root :)
    Thanks @ameshiya, that fixed my problem after two restarts... Sygic is working normally now :D
    Another Way To Fix The Sdcard Permissions

INSTALL FOLDER MOUNT FROM PLAYSTORE AND APPLY THE SUGGEST FIX ,REDTART AND VOILA THE SD CARD IS NOW FULLY ACCESSIBLE

HIT THANKS BUTTON IF HELPED

It is taken from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50542136

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app