How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

Search This thread

Djuganight

Oct 26, 2012
Guys I just can't enter in download mode by any means,
The phone always reboot normally when using the 3 key combination.....

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

just find it.
this thread is all wrong and misleading people, specially when advising spending money in unnecessary stuff, like usb jiigs or whatever.

to entre in downlod mode you have to:

volume up + volume down + power = Download Mode

D

Deleted member 5617821

Guys I just can't enter in download mode by any means,
The phone always reboot normally when using the 3 key combination.....

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

just find it.
this thread is all wrong and misleading people, specially when advising spending money in unnecessary stuff, like usb jiigs or whatever.

to entre in downlod mode you have to:

volume up + volume down + power = Download Mode

Wrong device thread buddy! This is Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 thread and the Download Mode key combination for it is Volume Down+ Home+ Power button. The Download Mode key combination that you are referring too is for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i. This is indeed the last possible way to force open Download Mode using odin. If this doesn't work, you can try USB Jig (not always guaranteed to work) or consult Service Center.

juvem007

Apr 10, 2014
Hi guys
My Ace had break, I can go to Downloadin Mode but Odin
Cant Find My phone..
I installed the Drivers and i can Hear the voice of connecting phone to Pc But Odin cant find it..
What should i do??
Plz Help

D

Deleted member 5617821

ggdog

Jul 3, 2014
Hlp Pls

my galaxy ace gt-s5830i bricked and i tried to unbrick it using odin but odin wont detect my phone :( whats can i do now??
Hlp me Pls !!!!!

D

Deleted member 5617821

my galaxy ace gt-s5830i bricked and i tried to unbrick it using odin but odin wont detect my phone :( whats can i do now??
Hlp me Pls !!!!!

This is guide is mainly directed to Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and hence the key combination for Download Mode specified in the OP is also for Galaxy Ace S5830. You can use the instructions to force open Download Mode from odin but make sure to use the key combination of the Download Mode for your device. Also make sure you have all the necessary drivers installed. Usually if odin can't detect your phone, its the problem with drivers. You will find the drivers and all the other necessary files from the following link,

Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST

Hope I Helped :)

sameee781

Feb 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
here is the odin (Odin3 1.85) log while trying to flash Galaxy Ace S5830i
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> S5830iXXMH1_S5830iXSKMI1_S5830iXXMH1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

It is neither success nor fail.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Now failed -
<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> S5830iXXMH1_S5830iXSKMI1_S5830iXXMH1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> sbl.bin
<ID:0/008> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/008> BcmCP.img
<ID:0/008>
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

vamiz

Apr 3, 2014

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me :).

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash (in my case was gingerbread 2.3.3) and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery and connect your galaxy ace to the computer;

Step 3 -- Insert battery holding Volume down + Power + Home

Step 4 – At this point Odin should have detected your SG Ace ( Yellow rectangle should appear);

Step 5 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life. :):D

Get the roms from sammobile site.

Be sure that you download de correct firmware for your device version.
    my phone brick after flashing CWM from ROM manager and I've wrong choose phone type and then go to the phone shutdown (try to go to recovery mode). and the phone won't be turn on. I try this thread but did not work, my phone is won't show the download screen but it was detected by ODIN v4.38 and the yellow bar shown. But it was stuck on

<1> setup connection..

I try 3 file tar and 1 file Tar (one package) firmware just the same stuck on it.

please somebody help for the solution....:confused:

Thanks,
    please excuse me for my english, my native language is spanish and not write good english

i have one question,

are sure's, efs file is /dev/block/stl5 ??

i have 1 idea of copy file of other Galaxy Ace and putting into to tar and flashing via ODIN.

but i need have sure, who file is the correct.

please help me.

Regards.

Go on, brick your phone.

ODIN can't flash efs in Galaxy Ace, because there is no slot assigned to it in cooper.ops

If you don't have a good reason/knowledge to do it, don't touch it.
    Good mannnnnn ֱ
    That's probably the most stupid thing to say if you want them to fix your phone -. -

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

I hard bricked my phone once with rom manager, "it fries " the motherboard, so i sent it for guarantee to technical service and i told them that i was listening music and suddenly the phone turned off. The change it for a new one :)
    P.D: show yourself as a noob that only uses the phone for music and facebook
    If you say that odin thing, dude then forget inmediately any chance of guarantee repair cause flashing or do all those things that we do with our aces are not covered by guarantee, its obvious btw dont you think?
    PD: remember soft brick like bootloops etc, can be fixed flashing again.
    Hard brick like phone doesnt turn on, i mean really dead = dead motherboard or something like that

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium