Problems with MTP USB Device

Search This thread

optimusl9

Jan 28, 2013
I plug my phone into a USB port.
The first time I did so, an AutoPlay window pops up prompting me to run LGAutoRun.exe. I click to do so.
The LG United Drivers are installed onto my computer great.

But then an AutoPlay window pops up prompting me to run LGAutoRun.exe. I click to do so.
My computer attempts to install MTP USB Driver, but fails. According to Windows, the device is unplugged.
The AutoPlay window reappears. Repeat from the beginning of the paragraph.

What have I done to deserve such trouble, LG?!?!

Last edited:

hmskrecik

Dec 28, 2010
Apparently the drivers installed directly from phone are not enough. In any case, I was observing similar behaviour *until* I installed LG PC Suite (which you should have been prompted to do too). It's stupid, it sucks but again, it's LG.

optimusl9

Jan 28, 2013
Apparently the drivers installed directly from phone are not enough. In any case, I was observing similar behaviour *until* I installed LG PC Suite (which you should have been prompted to do too). It's stupid, it sucks but again, it's LG.

I forgot to mention I installed LG PC Suite as well. Same problems.

Install the LG drivers first. After that, when you plug your phone, it will be recognised as an mtp device.

I tried two different versions of the LG United Mobile Driver, versions 3.7.2 and 3.8.1 on my computer. Same problems.

Have you got Windows Media Player installed?

I do. Same problems.

Greenpeace22

Aug 22, 2010
Brasov
OnePlus 6
Plug the phone, go to device manager in windows and uninstall the driver for the phone( or whatever shows up with the yellow triangle). Then unplug the phone and connect it back again. It should work. If not, uninstall the lg drivers and clean every trace of them and start from the begining.

optimusl9

Jan 28, 2013
Plug the phone, go to device manager in windows and uninstall the driver for the phone( or whatever shows up with the yellow triangle). Then unplug the phone and connect it back again. It should work. If not, uninstall the lg drivers and clean every trace of them and start from the begining.

Tried uninstalling the LG U2 USB Driver, then disconnected and reconnected phone. Same problem. LG U2 USB Driver was installed but MTP USB still shows up as unplugged.

Then uninstalled LG PC Suite and LG United Mobile Driver, reinstalled LG PC Suite and reconnected phone. Problem still occurs. I run LGAutoRun.exe and United Mobile Drivers are installed. Same problem. MTP USB shows up as "device unplugged" and phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to computer, saying drivers were not properly installed due to MTP USB being unplugged.

Interesting to note the phone is listed as a CD-ROM drive.

kevev

May 22, 2006
Tried uninstalling the LG U2 USB Driver, then disconnected and reconnected phone. Same problem. LG U2 USB Driver was installed but MTP USB still shows up as unplugged.

Then uninstalled LG PC Suite and LG United Mobile Driver, reinstalled LG PC Suite and reconnected phone. Problem still occurs. I run LGAutoRun.exe and United Mobile Drivers are installed. Same problem. MTP USB shows up as "device unplugged" and phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to computer, saying drivers were not properly installed due to MTP USB being unplugged.

Interesting to note the phone is listed as a CD-ROM drive.

Install the software from the CD image. It will load the correct driver. After this re-connect the device and the CD image will show up for a few seconds and disappear. After this the storage will show up. That is how it worked on my device.

optimusl9

Jan 28, 2013
Install the software from the CD image. It will load the correct driver. After this re-connect the device and the CD image will show up for a few seconds and disappear. After this the storage will show up. That is how it worked on my device.

I have already tried what you said as I posted before. The LG United Mobile driver gets installed but the MTP USB Driver does not get installed due to the device being unplugged according to Windows, even though I have yet to disconnect the phone from the computer. The phone still says "Connected as an installer".

The phone is recognized as an F: Drive by Windows but LGE Mobile but keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 20 seconds or so.

I am going to have to upload a video to YouTube to make things crystal clear.

dolph88

Jun 15, 2006
I have already tried what you said as I posted before. The LG United Mobile driver gets installed but the MTP USB Driver does not get installed due to the device being unplugged according to Windows, even though I have yet to disconnect the phone from the computer. The phone still says "Connected as an installer".

The phone is recognized as an F: Drive by Windows but LGE Mobile but keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 20 seconds or so.

I am going to have to upload a video to YouTube to make things crystal clear.

Try a different USB port or cable. My P769 would not work on my USB 3 ports, but was happy on the USB 2 port. I had already installed the drivers and LG PC Suite and it picked up each mode just fine.

optimusl9

Jan 28, 2013
Plugging the phone into USB 2.0 makes the phone show up in portable devices, but LG Suite fails to identify the phone. I tried using both LGE Android Net MTP USB Device and MTP USB Device but they both fail. I have LG United Drivers and LG Suite installed already.

amzkyz

Nov 22, 2012
got thesame problem here mate..i search all over here and google the driver but still cant find any solution..this is so frustrating to fix this issue,,got install and uninstall the pc suite and driver many times but still cant get the solution..so what could be the fix????
no one can suggest..someone told me that maybe its causing the broken data cable but i have 3 cables now..
everytime i intend to install the MTP driver thing my pc always failed to do so,,saying that the filename,directory name or syntax label is incorrect..but i manually direct the search to lg driver folder but same error occurs..or there still other alternative apps that can transfer files without removing my sd to my phone,or atleast transfer files over the wifi..??

Futurust

Dec 2, 2011
Androidian
Any fix for this one? Already tried uninstalling, installing LG drivers, removed and reinserted SD card and everything. But still to no avail. It installs everything successfully EXCEPT USB MTP device which is the one I needed the most. Any solutions? Thanks!

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Any fix for this one? Already tried uninstalling, installing LG drivers, removed and reinserted SD card and everything. But still to no avail. It installs everything successfully EXCEPT USB MTP device which is the one I needed the most. Any solutions? Thanks!

You must be on 64 bit windows. Not even on 64bit, Still try this...

1) Uninstall LG Drivers, LG PC Suite and anything you see named LG. Restart PC.
2) Install latest LG Driver from this post (step 4)
3) Install Optional MTP Driver from this post (step 4)
4) Open Windows Device Manager (just to watch whats happening.)
5) Disconnect Internet (To avoid stupid online WDM drivers)
6) Connect phone with Usb and let drivers install automatically. Give it some time to install drivers keeping watch on Device Manager window. :D
7) Keep changing USB connect modes to all modes one-by-one on Phone and let drivers install.

You should see MTP drivers installed now. If this does not help, cant think of anything else. If this works, press THANKS button :D

EDIT: Connect USB at backside of pc, directly to USB on pc motherboard.

Last edited:

Futurust

Dec 2, 2011
Androidian

6) Connect phone with Usb and let drivers install automatically. Give it some time to install drivers keeping watch on Device Manager window. :D
7) Keep changing USB connect modes to all modes one-by-one on Phone and let drivers install.

You should see MTP drivers installed now. If this does not help, cant think of anything else. If this works, press THANKS button :D

Thanks for taking the time to answer me mate. Already tried literally everything on what you just said above. Still no. I tried it on my brother's old vista laptop. One connect and it worked instantly! Lol.

Sent from my LG-P768 using Tapatalk 2

fazq01

Jul 21, 2013
The first time I did so, an AutoPlay window pops up prompting me to run LGAutoRun.exe. I click to do so.

But then an AutoPlay window pops up prompting me to run LGAutoRun.exe. I click to do so.
My computer attempts to install MTP USB Driver, but fails. According to Windows, the device is unplugged.

This may help - credit goes to levicki where I found this article. I was having problems with my Garmin Satnav

I can't post urls as I am a newbie member, so google this phrase mtp usb device failed device unplugged

and look for this result - near the end of page 1 on my search

HOWTO: Fix MTP USB driver problem in Windows 7 - Tips - Levicki's ...

Reactions: maluko786

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
If you are running on windows xp you need to install windows media player 10 or later

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app

EvilBrains

Jul 30, 2011
tried this method, still no go, tried almost everything on the web, mtp drivers fail to install
running win7 x64

maluko786

Nov 20, 2012
solved mt htc one mtp problem

This may help - credit goes to levicki where I found this article. I was having problems with my Garmin Satnav

I can't post urls as I am a newbie member, so google this phrase mtp usb device failed device unplugged

This one helped me to solve my problem ,, just deleted this file and tried it worked. C:\WINDOWS\INF\wpdmtp.inf
THANKS

rambokevil

Apr 29, 2014

This works on XP x86

Need:
1. LG USB cable that came with the phone,
2. Media Player 10/11 preinstalled,
3. your LG Driver,
3. LG Phone,
4. and Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit (mtppk12.exe)

1. with phone disconnected install Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit
2. when asked to restart the PC, go ahead and restart
3. open device manager, connect phone to PC
4. install driver and watch LGE Android MTP disappear
5. be sure to toggle between Charge and MTP on the phone to install all drivers

this also works for HTC MTP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.