Hair fracture in housing frame

Search This thread

rauppal

Mar 17, 2008
Hi all,

I have just noticed a hair-fracture in main body frame near charging socket. It's appear to be all the way across from charging socket to from where screen starts. In start I thought its a scratch but it bothered me recently n after close examination its appear to be a fracture. As far as I know I never dropped the phone. Despite this phone works perfectly.

Just wondering this is covered under standard warranty or its comes under wear n tear, in that case how costly would be repair, is there someone else experienced the same ?

I really disappointed with the make quality of samsung :s. I would appreciate if someone share something how to proceed?

Thanks

~DemonLord~

Jan 15, 2014
Hi all,

I have just noticed a hair-fracture in main body frame near charging socket. It's appear to be all the way across from charging socket to from where screen starts. In start I thought its a scratch but it bothered me recently n after close examination its appear to be a fracture. As far as I know I never dropped the phone. Despite this phone works perfectly.

Just wondering this is covered under standard warranty or its comes under wear n tear, in that case how costly would be repair, is there someone else experienced the same ?

I really disappointed with the make quality of samsung :s. I would appreciate if someone share something how to proceed?

Thanks
Dude... its the point where two parts of the frame are joined!
Check all the 4 corners and you will notice thinner "fractures" One on the charging port is widest of them all. Everyone has them, no need to worry.

rauppal

Mar 17, 2008
Dude... its the point where two parts of the frame are joined!
Check all the 4 corners and you will notice thinner "fractures" One on the charging port is widest of them all. Everyone has them, no need to worry.

Those 4 corners of housing as you said have a regular joining marks but I got a irregular crack in housing. It seems like a fracture on one side of usb socket to all the way up to screen. Is this normal or I m just the unlucky one :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

~DemonLord~

Jan 15, 2014
As i said 4 joint marks on the corners. One thicker fracture on the left side from the middle of the port. And yes its more visible and goes up to the screen.

coolhof

Those 4 corners of housing as you said have a regular joining marks but I got a irregular crack in housing. It seems like a fracture on one side of usb socket to all the way up to screen. Is this normal or I m just the unlucky one :(

Yes its cracked.
If you try to search on Google you see its a common problem.
There are treats from a year ago on xda.