[Q] Should I return the phone to stock prior to selling on ebay?

Search This thread

njd911

Jul 21, 2010
I am about to sell my xperia z2, which is currently running Cyanogenmod 11. Do you think that this will impact the amount I get for the phone in a negative or positive way? Would you recommend I flash the stock sony ROM prior to selling?

thanks

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
I am about to sell my xperia z2, which is currently running Cyanogenmod 11. Do you think that this will impact the amount I get for the phone in a negative or positive way? Would you recommend I flash the stock sony ROM prior to selling?

thanks
Personally if I where selling it I'd offer the buyer the option if selling it privately, or if it's going to a commercial operation stock is probably best.

Oct 12, 2014
Calgary

thanks

Many people will outright refuse purchasing custom devices for fear of voided warranty, even if there is no warranty or it is already void.

I'd recommend flashing stock regardless of where you're selling it, or to whom.

_delice_doluca_

Apr 26, 2011
istanbul

thanks

I would make it original as much as possible but if the DRM keys are gone (considering the bootloader is unlocked) I would properly announce that too.

99% stock could crate the perception of 100% stock if not checked enough and that's the responsibility of the buyer to warn about that 1% as many people do care about DRM keys.