Search This thread

Narcissus85

Oct 2, 2007
Same here, JPC...

Maybe it's google and not us.

I hope it's google... : >

i'm flashing tooo much times in those 2 days :(

now i want to be stable on the jm6 and i found this problem ehhe....

mmmm is it ok to do those things?

1 "Checkin Service" then select "clear data"
2 "Download Manager" then select "clear data"
3 " Market" then select "clear cache"

i mean...if it's a google problem i lost something doing that clearing data/cache?

(i did the wipe cache form the recovery mode too)

heru

Mar 10, 2005
Bern
I just flashed JH1 and trying to reinstall all my apps. I reset and wiped the cache after I flashed and just now wiped the cache again, but still the same problem.

Hrc4u

Jul 13, 2010
been expereing market issues now and then since last week...my friend who runs stock htc desire also had issues...so problem is on the other side :)

Narcissus85

Oct 2, 2007
been expereing market issues now and then since last week...my friend who runs stock htc desire also had issues...so problem is on the other side :)

ok i was worried that i do something wrong with lagfix or something...

I lost something doing the wipe cache in recovery mode and the other data/cache clear that i reported in the other post?

Bec07

Aug 13, 2010
Nope, try harder. Some work the first time, some the second and some the 10th...

Yes I'm really persistent... does anyone know an app that limits your calls for numbers starting with 054(example) or so...
I really want to limit my outside my network conversations.

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
I've been having issues too, and I am running a stable rom..

@Allgamer. That doesn't mean much.. Market might be running on a DNS round robin and some nodes might be dropping offline and online

An1mA

Jul 24, 2010
This is strange, dunno if its because the JPC. But I cant download any "Google" apps from the market and the barcode scanner from "ZXing team" as well. I can select them to download, but nothing happends or they say download fail.
But others app I can download fine, which is strange to me.

aaronlivo

Aug 26, 2010
I'm having the same problems at the moment and my phone isn't rooted, just running it as I got it out of the box. Its hit and miss at the moment as some work and others say unsuccessful download yesterday everything ran fine

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Narcissus85

Oct 2, 2007
the wipe cache should only do wipe cache, nothing else

you should have not lost any actual data

unless you did wipe data

No in recovery mode i only wipe the cache not the data/factory reset.

but first i do those things:

1 "Checkin Service" then select "clear data"
2 "Download Manager" then select "clear data"
3 " Market" then select "clear cache"

so i clear some data of download manager and checking service...it can be a problem??

(and...if u can...what do exatly a cache wipe?)

ivan

brunes

Dec 9, 2006
HELP! Broken market, cant figure out what to do

Out of the blue my phone started exhibiting a few horrible problems

- The wallpaper reset to factory default, and does not let me change it. I can change it to live wallpapers, but that is it. It doesn't matter how I try to change it, it has no effect.

- Android market does not run. It sits at a white screen for 10 seconds then force closes

Note, I had not rooted my phone or done any modifications when this occured.

To try to fix it, I rooted my phone, and cleared the davik cache of the whole OS - but it did not help. I also went into the market app and cleared it's cache, this did not help either.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Tried running this command I found on the web, but it says 'Bad Address" ?? WTF?

rm -r /data/data/com.android.vending/databases
rm failed for /data/data/com.android.vending/databases, Bad address

Last edited: